Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Badgers 2018-2019

Originally posted by TinyViking View Post
    Today's the day! My watch party is smaller - it's spring break for the Madison schools - but we are ready!! LET'S GO RED!!
    Whatever you did this weekend, take notes and do it the same next year, not that I believe in omens and luck and all that.

Thanks to the amazing team and the Sr's who were just clutch. I recall Shaver saying at the end of that year about the way it ended..."That's not going to happen again". She as right! It really took a lot of selflessness for players like her, Norby and Rowe who moved down the lineup after being top end players the year before and allow Clark & Pankowski to get back into the lead role and see Curl and Shirley also way up the lineup ahead of them. Ultimate team players.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

I live local and stopped by the championship game. Great effort by Wisconsin from start to finish. The goalie certainly deserved the shut out, and the entire defensive team performance was very impressive. Congratulations!
      YALE HOCKEY
      2013 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
        It just makes me sick to think of that [Clarkson] game. Happy thoughts now.
        I started to type this yesterday, and then stopped.

There's a guy who comes to the UW women's games often wearing a "1... 2... 3... 4... We Want More" sweatshirt, referring to the four national championships. Outside the arena two years ago in St Charles, I saw him and said "Hey, you're gonna need to get a new sweatshirt after today", thereby *totally* jinxing the game.

Now I can say it again: he's gonna need to get a new sweatshirt! :-)

Comment

Originally posted by robertearle View Post
          I started to type this yesterday, and then stopped.

There's a guy who comes to the UW women's games often wearing a "1... 2... 3... 4... We Want More" sweatshirt, referring to the four national championships. Outside the arena two years ago in St Charles, I saw him and said "Hey, you're gonna need to get a new sweatshirt after today", thereby *totally* jinxing the game.

Now I can say it again: he's gonna need to get a new sweatshirt! :-)
          It was alllll yourrr faulttt then LOL. At least a few of the players who lost that day won today.

Comment

That was an outstanding game. Needless to say, I'm pretty thrilled about the result!!! On, Wisconsin!!!

Comment

Originally posted by WiscDC View Post
              That was an outstanding game. Needless to say, I'm pretty thrilled about the result!!! On, Wisconsin!!!
              Holed up in a cabin all weekend and got some other Wisconsinites to watch both games (as well as lots of basketball). Glad it was on BTN, and very happy with the result !

Comment

Went to the Natty celebration tonight, it was very well done. They also honored 2 tracksters and a swimmer who I do believe won a combined for 7 Natties over the last few weeks. It's too bad BA can't just wing it, he got stuck a couple times reading the script. The crowd estimate was about 1000 in attendance. I was a little bummed it wasn't at LaBahn, I was looking forward to seeing it one last time. Looks to me like they used the same setup as the "knock your socks off" press conference.

A couple takeaways I got out of it....it appears ARD may be doing some goalie tutoring while she's working on her masters, Soup acknowledged her along with her fellow goalies and MG calling them "goalie nation". The other thing is that MJ said the poor OSU series really galvanized the team into understanding what it took to take it to the next level. In a way thanks to OSU though it cost UW one small trophy but they gained a bigger one. One other interesting point is Annie slept with the trophy last night.

Comment

Went to the Natty celebration tonight, it was very well done. They also honored 2 tracksters and a swimmer who I do believe won a combined for 7 Natties over the last few weeks. It's too bad BA can't just wing it, he got stuck a couple times reading the script. The crowd estimate was about 1000 in attendance. I was a little bummed it wasn't at LaBahn, I was looking forward to seeing it one last time. Looks to me like they used the same setup as the "knock your socks off" press conference.

A couple takeaways I got out of it....it appears ARD may be doing some goalie tutoring while she's working on her masters, Soup acknowledged her along with her fellow goalies and MG calling them "goalie nation". The other thing is that MJ said the poor OSU series really galvanized the team into understanding what it took to take it to the next level. In a way thanks to OSU though it cost UW one small trophy but they gained a bigger one. One other interesting point is Annie slept with the trophy last night.
                  KC vs LaBahn - KC has a much better video screen. That's my guess why.

1000 people - I was and am just floored by how many were there. They did something 'similar' in 2011 (also with a swimmer who had just won an NCAA individual championship), it was in the Nicholas-Johnson BB practice building, and there were maybe 150-200 people there. Everybody stood, the team was on a small 'stage' and when it was over, you could just wander over and chat, get autographs, etc. (Hilary Knight had had a fracture in her thumb, and I asked if was going to need surgery, and she said she would find out from the doctors later that week.) 1000 may be the minimum of what was there. Amazing to me.

(I saw Mikayla Johnson and 2010 coach Tracey DeKeyser standing together in line like everyone else waiting to get in. I thought "Wow, if they have to stand in line to get in.... :-)

OSU series - Shaver and Rolfes also mentioned that weekend and that Monday-after meeting in radio interviews, and how what MJ had said during the meeting had galvanized and focused them for the playoffs and what we've seen the last few weeks.

Comment

Wanted to stop by and congratulate my Badger friends on a National Title. I didn't expect to see posts about that weekend our team was in Madison, but I told Mrs 86, "Wisconsin has been on a mission ever since we knocked them out of first place on Senior Weekend." Three shutouts in the NCAA Tournament, that is an impressive run to say the least. Congratulations again on the great season. Hope my Buckeyes get to that level someday.

Comment

Originally posted by osualum86 View Post
                      Wanted to stop by and congratulate my Badger friends on a National Title. I didn't expect to see posts about that weekend our team was in Madison, but I told Mrs 86, "Wisconsin has been on a mission ever since we knocked them out of first place on Senior Weekend." Three shutouts in the NCAA Tournament, that is an impressive run to say the least. Congratulations again on the great season. Hope my Buckeyes get to that level someday.
                      Thanks for stopping in! I was hoping you would and get a chance to see the effect OSU had on the season. A strong OSU makes the wWCHA better. After that weekend your team may have galvanized the players but it freaked out some fans, including me. UW couldn't score, looked bad in the shootouts in both the shooters and the goaltending, it kinda looked like a mess. Even if UW had won the series in ugly fashion, it may not have had the galvanizing effect pushed them over the top. I've never been so retrospectively glad to think about how good 2 shootout loses were.

Unrelated, we were standing in line to get into the KC last night and a knowledgeable fan was talking to his friend about the future Badgers standing behind us and the stuff he was saying was like it was right off this thread, LOL. Was that you, Robert? Probably just a lurker.

Comment

Unrelated, we were standing in line to get into the KC last night and a knowledgeable fan was talking to his friend about the future Badgers standing behind us and the stuff he was saying was like it was right off this thread, LOL. Was that you, Robert? Probably just a lurker.
                        In line, I happened to be next to a couple guys I had shared a table with at a bar in St Charles two years ago. We were saying that we must be the jinx because none of us had been in Hamden, as opposed to the people in front of us, who had literally come to the KC straight from the airport, coming back from Hamden. That's as 'deep' as it got for me.

Comment

I kind of noticed this watching live on Sunday, and then I forgot I wanted to go back to check what I thought I had seen.

With the puck tied up against the boards as the clock wound down, first Steffen and then Campbell threw their gloves and sticks in the air *before* the clock has actually hit zero; Steffen at about two seconds, and Campbell at one second.

:-)

Comment

I kind of noticed this watching live on Sunday, and then I forgot I wanted to go back to check what I thought I had seen.

With the puck tied up against the boards as the clock wound down, first Steffen and then Campbell threw their gloves and sticks in the air *before* the clock has actually hit zero; Steffen at about two seconds, and Campbell at one second.

:-)
                            I noticed that as well. Guess they figured the two goal lead was safe and that puck wasn't going in the net with or without the gloves on.
                            Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

Originally posted by gwhinwi View Post
                              I noticed that as well. Guess they figured the two goal lead was safe and that puck wasn't going in the net with or without the gloves on.
                              I don't think their "thought process" was anywhere near that rational. :-)

Comment

I don't think their "thought process" was anywhere near that rational. :-)
                                Correct...that's because there thought process was "National" on "rational".

On a side note can someone post the spreadsheet here of incoming players the next couple years?

Comment

Working...
                                X