Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Badgers 2018-2019

Originally posted by Bonzo View Post
    The freshmen are now listed including Grace Shirley, so we can officially put that to rest. Daryl Watts will wear #19, Pankowski's old number.
    Wheeww…..I just hoped that Shirley and Watts were actually going to end up here, especially Shirley. Watts wearing Pankowski's old number means when you see #19 on the ice, oh baby, something special is going to happen.

I wonder who will fill the all important leadership roles. You don't win a title without strong leadership.

Interesting they didn't RS any of the other Jr F or DeVito, that would have gave then some great experience in the 21-22 class where they are 2 F short. But I suppose all those ladies would like to get through college in 4 years if possible and then move on to the next phase of their lives.

After looking at the recruiting spreadsheet, the thought of Watts playing with Webster and O'Brien is just too much to handle.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
      Wheeww…..I just hoped that Shirley and Watts were actually going to end up here, especially Shirley. Watts wearing Pankowski's old number means when you see #19 on the ice, oh baby, something special is going to happen.

I wonder who will fill the all important leadership roles. You don't win a title without strong leadership.

Interesting they didn't RS any of the other Jr F or DeVito, that would have gave then some great experience in the 21-22 class where they are 2 F short. But I suppose all those ladies would like to get through college in 4 years if possible and then move on to the next phase of their lives.

After looking at the recruiting spreadsheet, the thought of Watts playing with Webster and O'Brien is just too much to handle.
      Just because it doesn't show that they redshirted, my understanding is that if they didn't play in any games they can still get the 5th year of eligibility as long as both the player and coaches want that to happen.

Comment

I'm think DeVito redshirted along with one of the goaltenders Kronish I believe. I could be totally wrong on this, but I thought I had read something about this last year.

Comment

Originally posted by Connaught Point View Post
          I'm think DeVito redshirted along with one of the goaltenders Kronish I believe. I could be totally wrong on this, but I thought I had read something about this last year.
          That would be great, especially for Kronish, who kinda got stuck behind by Soup and I think Blesi too. The only way we can confirm besides a reporter asking MJ is the roster, which would say RS Fr for instance with those 2. Who knows. I will reach out to TDM and see if he can ask MJ.

Comment

Originally posted by Bonzo View Post
            Just because it doesn't show that they redshirted, my understanding is that if they didn't play in any games they can still get the 5th year of eligibility as long as both the player and coaches want that to happen.
            That does make sense, we just don't see it often at UW anyway.

Comment

2019 Women's Festival Roster Badger Participants....

Future: Webster (2020), Harvey (2021) and Simms (2022)
              Current: Bowlby, Buchbinder, Curl, Lamantia, Norby, Roque
              Past: Decker, Knight, Pankowski, Rigsby, Rolfes, Shaver

Duggan must be done.....it makes me a little sad.
              I'm a little surprised Casey O'Brien (2020) isn't on the list.
              I've been so stoked about Webster coming for years, it appears I should be equally stoked about Harvey and Simms.

Comment

2019 Women's Festival Roster Badger Participants....

Future: Webster (2020), Harvey (2021) and Simms (2022)
                Current: Bowlby, Buchbinder, Curl, Lamantia, Norby, Roque
                Past: Decker, Knight, Pankowski, Rigsby, Rolfes, Shaver

Duggan must be done.....it makes me a little sad.
                I'm a little surprised Casey O'Brien (2020) isn't on the list.
                I've been so stoked about Webster coming for years, it appears I should be equally stoked about Harvey and Simms.
                Saw several of the future players at the Women's Beantown Classic last weekend. My first thought: there is more hardware to come for the Badgers.

Webster and O'Brien played in the top Division which included several Olympians and their team took home the title. They both stood out playing against players ranging from 18-30.
                Harvey and Simms played in the U19 Elite division (top 5 U19 teams in the tourney). Harvey was absolutely dominant as her team took home the division title. While watching an early round game, I kept seeing #80 popping up all over the ice. I checked the website and realized it was Simms, who I had never seen play before. Very impressive.

The future is bright Timothy.

Comment

Originally posted by Double Eagle View Post
                  Saw several of the future players at the Women's Beantown Classic last weekend. My first thought: there is more hardware to come for the Badgers.

Webster and O'Brien played in the top Division which included several Olympians and their team took home the title. They both stood out playing against players ranging from 18-30.
                  Harvey and Simms played in the U19 Elite division (top 5 U19 teams in the tourney). Harvey was absolutely dominant as her team took home the division title. While watching an early round game, I kept seeing #80 popping up all over the ice. I checked the website and realized it was Simms, who I had never seen play before. Very impressive.

I totally appreciate your observations. It's so hard to find someone who has seen these prospects play and give some observations. Thanks a ton. Now I can be more jacked up if that is even possible!

Comment

Originally posted by Double Eagle View Post

I agree. Harvey is very good. Scored the shootout winner in the final when the combo Minnie/Wisco commit team beat the Colgate commit team 1-0. Lots of talent on those two teams by the way. Future is bright for all three of those schools.

Comment

Originally posted by Rightnut View Post
                      I agree. Harvey is very good. Scored the shootout winner in the final when the combo Minnie/Wisco commit team beat the Colgate commit team 1-0. Lots of talent on those two teams by the way. Future is bright for all three of those schools.
                      To say Rivals Hockey was a Minnie/Wisco commit team is a bit of an overstatement ... especially as far as Wisco is concerned ... 5 Minni commits, 2 BU, 2 Clarkson, 2 Penn State, 1 Cornell, 1 Minni State, 1 Quinnipiac, 1 St. Cloud, and yes ... 1 Wisco (Harvey)

Comment

• Originally posted by BackyardIce View Post
                        To say Rivals Hockey was a Minnie/Wisco commit team is a bit of an overstatement ... especially as far as Wisco is concerned ... 5 Minni commits, 2 BU, 2 Clarkson, 2 Penn State, 1 Cornell, 1 Minni State, 1 Quinnipiac, 1 St. Cloud, and yes ... 1 Wisco (Harvey)
                        Whatever. Is Simms a Wisconsin commit?

Comment

Yes, but she did not play on the that team (Rivals Hockey). She played with Upstate Kings.

Comment

From what I understand, yes.

I love hearing that Harvey was "dominant". Not bad for a D.

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                              From what I understand, yes.

I love hearing that Harvey was "dominant". Not bad for a D.
                              I thought Harvey was invisible.
                              CCT '77 & '78
                              4 kids
                              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                                I thought Harvey was invisible.
                                She moves so fast and fluidly that it is hard to see her, you may want to go the the eye doctor.

Comment

Working...
                                X