Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2018-19 Penn State Nittany Lions

Originally posted by ARM View Post
    Did the league suspend her? If not, a player has to sit out the next game after a DQ, but not for a game misconduct. The penalty for the latter is missing the remainder of the contest in which the infraction occurred.
    Okay, that's a relief! I haven't heard anything about a DQ - just the 10-minute game misconduct, and I thought it meant she was out for a full game. Friday looks a whole lot better now...thanks for clearing that up.

Comment

Originally posted by Reddington View Post
      I thought Burke was the back up or at least was the first time against Mercyhurst?
      Chantal Burke is the first backup to Jenna Brenneman, but for reasons I don't know she didn't finish Brenneman's game against Mercyhurst last weekend.

Syracuse and Penn State have the most impactful transfers in the CHA with Hoppner and Brennerman this year.
      Brenneman was a godsend for Penn State after Daniela Paniccia became ineligible due to concussions. I guess that's a bit unfair to Burke and Leonard, not having seen a whole lot from either, but Brenneman has been solid.

Comment

Penn State's earlier suspensions look like tiddlywinks compared to Maine's.

Comment

Redshirt freshman Cam Leonard does get the start in net today, so the CHA must have given Jenna Brenneman a DQ for last weekend's respectable right jab.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D0B6s51X0AEoIgg.jpg:large

Comment

• Originally posted by ZedLeppelin View Post
            Redshirt freshman Cam Leonard does get the start in net today, so the CHA must have given Jenna Brenneman a DQ for last weekend's respectable right jab.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D0B6s51X0AEoIgg.jpg:large
            Based on Madsen the week before, the writing was on the wall.

Comment

Penn State and RIT are scoreless after one period in Rochester. I'm listening to the game and only watching the live stats, so no real feel for the game, but it looked and sounded like all Penn State until RIT woke up in the last few minutes of the period. Penn State leads the shots on goal 12-7, both teams are 6-6 in the faceoff circle, and there are no penalties in the game so far.

Comment

Based on Madsen the week before, the writing was on the wall.
                Yeah, it wasn't a huge surprise.

Comment

And neither school got the link right for the live audio of the game, so here's the right link to listen to the game: https://witr.rit.edu/hockey

Click on "listen live" under women's hockey and it will download an m3u file (whatever that is)...open that and an audio player will open up and play the game.

Comment

RIT scores to make it 1-0 after two periods on what sounded like a really weird shot - I'd love to see a replay. Penn State is now up 32-11 in shots on goal, but Tara Lanteigne is standing on her head for RIT, and RIT has blocked an additional 21 shots. Total shots are 69-21 for Penn State. Penn State went 0-2 on the power play, but still has some power play time left to start the third period.

Comment

Here's the RIT goal video: https://twitter.com/i/status/1099038202860654592

It looks like Cam Leonard had no idea an RIT player was on that side of her net.

Comment

RIT scores a second goal to go up 2-0 (video): https://twitter.com/i/status/1099045546118004737

Comment

2:42 left and Penn State has an empty net being down 2-0.

Comment

A predictable empty netter makes it a 3-0 RIT win over Penn State. How in the world a team can outshoot its opponent by a count of 50-18 and not score a goal is beyond me. Also, RIT blocked an additional 39 shots besides the Penn State 50 shots that made it on goal. Total shots were an insane 114-31, and not a goal scored by Penn State. That's a big problem. No penalties on Penn State, but they went 0 for 5 on the power play.

Comment

• Originally posted by ZedLeppelin View Post
                              A predictable empty netter makes it a 3-0 RIT win over Penn State. How in the world a team can outshoot its opponent by a count of 50-18 and not score a goal is beyond me. Also, RIT blocked an additional 39 shots besides the Penn State 50 shots that made it on goal. Total shots were an insane 114-31, and not a goal scored by Penn State. That's a big problem. No penalties on Penn State, but they went 0 for 5 on the power play.
                              The first 2 goals were definitely not your typical goals according to what those video links showed. On the other hand, was Penn State using hockey sticks today?! Hard not to score a single goal with all those shots unless you're not using the proper tools of the trade!

Comment

Originally posted by shelfit View Post
                                The first 2 goals were definitely not your typical goals according to what those video links showed. On the other hand, was Penn State using hockey sticks today?! Hard not to score a single goal with all those shots unless you're not using the proper tools of the trade!
                                Cam Leonard was a little lazy moving across the crease on that first goal, but I don't know how she didn't have that second one. She got up ready to hand the puck to the ref and I think the goal horn scared her, because she thought the puck was in her glove. Welcome to D-1, Cam.

You have to give a ton of credit to RIT's Terra Lanteigne - she's a hell of a goalie. RIT's defense blocking 39 shots is pretty impressive, too.
                                Last edited by ZedLeppelin; 02-22-2019, 03:18 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X