2018-19 Penn State Nittany Lions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ZedLeppelin View Post
    Quick question for Lindsay, because I think you said before that you've watched CHA games on StretchInternet. Do they have announcers? I'm almost tempted to buy a pass for the CHA tournament, but not if it's just a video feed with no play-by-play.
    Hi Zed. Last year They had a pxp guy for the final, named Ryan Burgess. I’m almost 100% sure it was him. @burgmania on Twitter. I just tweeted at him to ask if he’s calling anything this year. They probably had pxp people the whole tourney, but that’s the game I specifically watched because Hursts semi was in OT by the time I got home from work last year.

Harbor Center is interesting for broadcasting games. It’s a smidge dark and the camera captures a lot of the crowd in addition to the game. In some ways it’s fun bc you feel a bit like you are there. But its not the best you’ve ever experienced either. It’s not a CHA thing because NW games broadcast there have similar issues.

Ryan the pxp guy was excellent last year. Very passionate, does other games in the area. A little RMU bias at the beginning, maybe bc they had a bit of a non CHA hype train last year from people who didn’t follow the league, but mostly I felt Ryan did an awesome job calling the game, and didn’t act like Mercyhurst was trying to defeat Goliath.

I will pay for Hursts semi, and if I can get out of work and they are in it, the final. I watch a lot of games during the year.... don’t want to miss the best part haha.
    Last edited by Lindsay; 03-05-2019, 07:38 AM.

Comment

• Re: 2018-19 Penn State Nittany Lions

Originally posted by Lindsay View Post
      Hi Zed. Last year They had a pxp guy for the final, named Ryan Burgess. I’m almost 100% sure it was him. @burgmania on Twitter. I just tweeted at him to ask if he’s calling anything this year. They probably had pxp people the whole tourney, but that’s the game I specifically watched because Hursts semi was in OT by the time I got home from work last year.

Harbor Center is interesting for broadcasting games. It’s a smidge dark and the camera captures a lot of the crowd in addition to the game. In some ways it’s fun bc you feel a bit like you are there. But its not the best you’ve ever experienced either. It’s not a CHA thing because NW games broadcast there have similar issues.

Ryan the pxp guy was excellent last year. Very passionate, does other games in the area. A little RMU bias at the beginning, maybe bc they had a bit of a non CHA hype train last year from people who didn’t follow the league, but mostly I felt Ryan did an awesome job calling the game, and didn’t act like Mercyhurst was trying to defeat Goliath.

I will pay for Hursts semi, and if I can get out of work and they are in it, the final. I watch a lot of games during the year.... don’t want to miss the best part haha.
      Thanks - as soon as I read this, the CHA answered my question, too, and said all the games will have play-by-play announcers.

I also asked them about reseeding after the quarterfinals, and they said teams will keep their original seeding throughout the tournament.

Comment

Thanks - as soon as I read this, the CHA answered my question, too, and said all the games will have play-by-play announcers.

I also asked them about reseeding after the quarterfinals, and they said teams will keep their original seeding throughout the tournament.
        Huh. I swear I read somewhere that they reseed if need be, but I know you are just repeating what you were told. I try not to be critical, because I know people do their best with the resources they have, and each of the conferences has their own issues....but this is ridiculous. Figure out the facts and publish them next year CHA.

Comment

At tonight's CHA awards banquet, sophomore Natalie Heising was named to the All-CHA First Team, senior Kelsey Crow and junior Jenna Brenneman were named to the All-CHA Second Team, and freshman Jessica Adolfsson was named to the All-CHA Rookie Team.

https://gopsusports.com/news/2019/3/...on-awards.aspx
          Last edited by ZedLeppelin; 03-05-2019, 07:25 PM.

Comment

I try not to be critical, because I know people do their best with the resources they have, and each of the conferences has their own issues....but this is ridiculous. Figure out the facts and publish them next year CHA.
            There's no excuse for a website at conference level to be like the CHA website. Websites are easy once you initially get it set up the way you want it. It looks even worse when your social media person is saying something different from your website person. At conference level? Come on, CHA. You have a whole year to set up a tournament page, and all that's left is to fill in the blanks on a bracket at tournament time. Individual schools do better with websites than the CHA does, and they get as little info from the conference as fans do.

I went to the video schedule and tried to buy tonight's Penn State game on StretchInternet, and it never loads the page where you select a video package. It continually buffers like it's loading something, but it never gets past that. Since it's connected to the CHA, I wasn't surprised it doesn't work. In fact, the whole time I've been writing this (and I take forever to write/edit/rewrite a post), it's been buffering and still hasn't loaded video package options to choose from.

If nothing else, the live stats should work tonight, and RIT has a link to listen to the game live on internet radio, so that's something: https://witr.rit.edu/hockey (click the "listen now" button, and it will download a little player on your computer...just open that and it starts playing).

Comment

Zed - quick note, the easiest way I find to watch the games is to go to the schools webpage, then click on their schedule, then go to the specific game. They will have a link to watch that puts you in the portal to buy. I believe you need to set up a username /pw. Go through the steps and once you see the big yellow triangle with a circle around it on your screen it means it’s going to start in one second. I find it’s finicky, but after using all year its reliable for me too. Good luck, devoted fan like you should get to watch!

It’s the best time of the hockey season, here’s to a great tournament.

Comment

With the CHA tournament starting this afternoon, here's a look at the conference award winners from last night's CHA banquet:

http://chawomenshockey.com/news/2019...r-banquet.aspx

Comment

With the CHA tournament starting this afternoon, here's a look at the conference award winners from last night's CHA banquet:

http://chawomenshockey.com/news/2019...r-banquet.aspx
                  Predicted Davis as Coach of the year, now Penn State needs to beat RIT.

Comment

Zed - quick note, the easiest way I find to watch the games is to go to the schools webpage, then click on their schedule, then go to the specific game. They will have a link to watch that puts you in the portal to buy. I believe you need to set up a username /pw. Go through the steps and once you see the big yellow triangle with a circle around it on your screen it means it’s going to start in one second. I find it’s finicky, but after using all year its reliable for me too. Good luck, devoted fan like you should get to watch!

It’s the best time of the hockey season, here’s to a great tournament.
                    Thanks, Lindsay - even the schools' "watch" links didn't work, but it just now got fixed (a period into the Syracuse game), so I'll be watching Penn State tonight. I saw the CHA on Twitter mention "technical difficulties" they were having with the video streaming...ugh...what a surprise.

Comment

Originally posted by Reddington View Post
                      Predicted Davis as Coach of the year, now Penn State needs to beat RIT.
                      Penn State has beaten RIT's goalie Terra Lanteigne (2019 CHA Player of the Year) 3-0 this year, and lost to her 3-0, too, so I hope tonight Penn State brings whatever got them the 3-0 win.

Comment

Syracuse easily beat Lindenwood (who beat themselves) 4-1, so tomorrow will be Mercyhurst and Syracuse in the semifinals. Lindenwood apparently enjoyed the penalty box and spent most of the third period in it, but they were down 4-1 by then anyway and weren't going to make it close.

Comment

Syracuse easily beat Lindenwood (who beat themselves) 4-1, so tomorrow will be Mercyhurst and Syracuse in the semifinals. Lindenwood apparently enjoyed the penalty box and spent most of the third period in it, but they were down 4-1 by then anyway and weren't going to make it close.
                          Jekyll and Hyde Syracuse can pour it on. Hoppner gets first goal to tie it up bringing up Syracuse from the abyss.

Comment

After one period it's 1-0 Penn State over RIT. The Penn State goal came on the power play from freshman defender Jessica Adolfsson. Penn State leads the shots on goal by 15-5. The refs have already called five penalties in the first period, and I'm not sure what they're seeing, but as long as they keep it equitable, I guess.

No game clock on the video stream (?), so it kind of takes away from the game, not knowing how much time is left, or how much is left on penalties, etc. Replays would be nice, too, but there you go.

Comment

Penn State is up 2-0 on RIT after two, with a hard-earned and shorthanded goal from junior Abby Welch. Penn State leads the shots on goal 29-8. 11 total penalties called so far, a lot of them on plays that have been normal plays all season, so still not sure what these refs are seeing. Whatever - it's 6 for RIT and 5 for Penn State, so they're not favoring anyone, anyway.

This poor guy calling the game - he has RIT players shooting for Penn State, and vice-versa, and wrong names with wrong numbers, etc. I know he's trying, probably with two teams he's never seen, but...well, 'nuff said.

Comment

Penn State takes their quarterfinal game with RIT by a score of 4-1, with two empty-netters in the third period (from Natalie Heising and Shea Nelson). Penn State led shots on goal by 42-18. It could have been even worse, but Terra Lanteigne made some great saves for RIT.

Penn State takes on CHA regular season champ Robert Morris tomorrow, I believe that one is at 4:30.

Comment

Working...
                                X