Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2018-19 Penn State Nittany Lions

I don't know who reads this fan forum, but just in case:

Congratulations to Irene Kiroplis, Christi Vetter, Aly Hardy, Bella Sutton, and Hannah Ehresmann on your graduation from Penn State!

It's funny sometimes to think back to the graduating seniors' first interviews as freshmen, and then hear what they have to say about their experiences at Penn State as they graduate and move on, and it's always cool to see how much they've grown as people.

Comment

Head coach Jeff Kampersal has announced his first recruiting class of incoming freshmen. He's got one each from Minnesota, North Dakota, New York, Ohio, Canada, and Sweden.

http://www.gopsusports.com/sports/w-...051518aaa.html

Comment

Also, I just noticed that the roster has been updated for next season, and very experienced goalie Daniela Paniccia isn't on it. That puts Penn State down to two goalies: sophomore Chantal Burke, who got very limited playing time last season, and redshirt freshman Cam Leonard. That kind of scrambles things a bit.

http://www.gopsusports.com/sports/w-...ockey-mtt.html
        Last edited by ZedLeppelin; 05-15-2018, 07:31 PM.

Comment

Interesting factoids: Dobson was linked with Quinnipiac. Gangarosa was an I Am Sport feature for USA Today. Fidler was linked with Harvard. Promersberger played for the venerable Shattuck. Hemminger is a coach's daughter and Adolfson plays on the Swedish National Team. Four are D and two are forwards.

Comment

Originally posted by Reddington View Post
            Interesting factoids: Dobson was linked with Quinnipiac. Gangarosa was an I Am Sport feature for USA Today. Fidler was linked with Harvard. Promersberger played for the venerable Shattuck. Hemminger is a coach's daughter and Adolfson plays on the Swedish National Team. Four are D and two are forwards.
            Columbus hockey Twitter was talking about Heminger yesterday - she is the first girl from Columbus AAA Blue Jackets to get a D1 scholarship, a big deal for the program. I think she did play her last couple years of high school out of state, although the Penn State release cites Columbus AAA Blue Jackets as her high school team.

Comment

Originally posted by Lindsay View Post
              I think she did play her last couple years of high school out of state, although the Penn State release cites Columbus AAA Blue Jackets as her high school team.
              This past year she played with the Pittsburgh Penguins Elite. The years prior to that she was with the Columbus Blue Jackets.

Comment

Originally posted by DDad16 View Post
                This past year she played with the Pittsburgh Penguins Elite. The years prior to that she was with the Columbus Blue Jackets.
                I see, thank you. I will be cheering for her.

Comment

Originally posted by Lindsay View Post
                  I see, thank you. I will be cheering for her.
                  You won't be cheering for Kennedy Blair when she transfers to Penn State to fill the unexpected goalie gap

Comment

Originally posted by ZedLeppelin View Post
                    You won't be cheering for Kennedy Blair when she transfers to Penn State to fill the unexpected goalie gap
                    Haha, no I wouldn’t!

Comment

Question O' The Day: is there any way Jeff Kampersal doesn't go out looking for a third goalie for Penn State next season, or does he just go with two?

His problem is that the two current goalies on the roster represent a grand total of 69:32 playing time, all from sophomore-next-season Chantal Burke. Redshirt freshman Cam Leonard, obviously, saw no game time last season. Burke did look good between the pipes in her limited time last season, and Leonard has an impressive resume, so talent isn't an issue with either of them.

What does Kampersal look for in a third goalie - a roster filler, or someone with experience who wants to transfer to Penn State?
                      Does he let Burke shoulder the starter job as a sophomore with 69 minutes of D-1 experience, and grab an incoming freshman to be #3?
                      How do you go about hunting for an upperclassman transfer?

Comment

Question O' The Day:
                        How do you go about hunting for an upperclassman transfer?
                        He can't talk to a potential transfer student unless they have a release ... but he could have someone post something on a website to try to generate interest.

Comment

Originally posted by EastFan1 View Post
                          He can't talk to a potential transfer student unless they have a release ... but he could have someone post something on a website to try to generate interest.
                          He could use the Golden Knights method of getting the tired, the poor, the huddled masses yearning to be free.
                          CCT '77 & '78
                          4 kids
                          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by EastFan1 View Post
                            ... but he could have someone post something on a website to try to generate interest.
                            You mean on a website like this one, or....ohhhhhhhhhhhhh.

I'm pretty sure Kampersal doesn't work that way, and doesn't need to.

Comment

You mean on a website like this one, or....ohhhhhhhhhhhhh.

I'm pretty sure Kampersal doesn't work that way, and doesn't need to.
                              You may have done so for him! 👍

Comment

Just a test post to see if I screwed something up in my settings, or if everyone is really being this quiet.

Comment

Working...
                                X