Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2018-19 Vermont Catamounts

Originally posted by Still Eeyore View Post
    Because it's the sort of opinion that allows Call It to aggravate people.
    I like Plumer, I think a lot of people forget how much of a joke this program was before he came in, you used to be able to staple us to the bottom of Hockey East every year. He's not a perfect coach, don't get me wrong, but we're at least a team that can give you a game nowadays.

I think he's earned enough to at least get a shot with the upgraded facilities on the way, which should help w/ recruiting.
    https://twitter.com/TheVTHockeyBlog
    https://thevermonthockeyblog.wordpress.com/

Frozen Four: '96, '09
    NCAA Tournament: '88, '96, '97, '09, '10, '14

/r/collegehockey moderator
    Fan of the UVM Catamounts, Charlotte Hornets, Oakland A's, and Philadelphia Union

Comment

Originally posted by TovarishchLisa View Post
      I like Plumer, I think a lot of people forget how much of a joke this program was before he came in, you used to be able to staple us to the bottom of Hockey East every year. He's not a perfect coach, don't get me wrong, but we're at least a team that can give you a game nowadays.

I think he's earned enough to at least get a shot with the upgraded facilities on the way, which should help w/ recruiting.
      Exactly, you got that right!

Last season Vermont beat Clarkson, Minnesota, and took BC to overtime. This season they have 10 wins and 6 ties.

The blanket condemnation of Plumer and Vermont women's hockey is idiotic....or trolling. Let's say both!

Comment

Recommended adjustments for game 2:

Start Black instead of Skodova in goal - Blanka is a freshman and still needs some seasoning and to work on rebound control. If I recall correctly, Scobee didn't really blossom until sophomore year.

If you are going to give up PP goals you might as well be much more aggressive on the PK. Pressure the puck. Last night the PK unit was packed in and let the NU shooters come in at will and shoot into a crowded net front and a screened goalie.

Forwards need to put many more pucks on net. Too much time spent looking for the perfect pass. Frankel has a good glove, but is slightly over rated, being on such a strong offensive team. Get more rubber to the net, keep shots to the stick side as much as possible.

Execute on the PP and reduce the time spent passing around the perimeter. Shoot more often. Nothing wrong with an O zone face off.

UVM outplayed NU for about 18-20 minutes. Need the full game effort. GO CATS!

Comment

• Originally posted by kool99 View Post
          Recommended adjustments for game 2:

Start Black instead of Skodova in goal - Blanka is a freshman and still needs some seasoning and to work on rebound control. If I recall correctly, Scobee didn't really blossom until sophomore year.

If you are going to give up PP goals you might as well be much more aggressive on the PK. Pressure the puck. Last night the PK unit was packed in and let the NU shooters come in at will and shoot into a crowded net front and a screened goalie.

Forwards need to put many more pucks on net. Too much time spent looking for the perfect pass. Frankel has a good glove, but is slightly over rated, being on such a strong offensive team. Get more rubber to the net, keep shots to the stick side as much as possible.

Execute on the PP and reduce the time spent passing around the perimeter. Shoot more often. Nothing wrong with an O zone face off.

UVM outplayed NU for about 18-20 minutes. Need the full game effort. GO CATS!
          Thanks coach but you're wasting your pregame speech on the wrong audience. You need to copy and paste your post and email it to Coach Jim!
          Last edited by shelfit; 03-02-2019, 06:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by KTDC View Post
            Exactly, you got that right!

Last season Vermont beat Clarkson, Minnesota, and took BC to overtime. This season they have 10 wins and 6 ties.

The blanket condemnation of Plumer and Vermont women's hockey is idiotic....or trolling. Let's say both!
            It wasn't so long ago where this team hitting 10 wins was a major accomplishment (it only happened once in the D1 era before Plumer, the 09-10 season under Bothwell)
            https://twitter.com/TheVTHockeyBlog
            https://thevermonthockeyblog.wordpress.com/

Frozen Four: '96, '09
            NCAA Tournament: '88, '96, '97, '09, '10, '14

/r/collegehockey moderator
            Fan of the UVM Catamounts, Charlotte Hornets, Oakland A's, and Philadelphia Union

Comment

Working...
            X