This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Friend_of_BU_Hockey View Post
    BU was an OT goal (last year) and a strong 3rd period (this year) away from making the FF. And that close from 3 FF appearances in 4 years.

Parity is the new norm; BU making it to the NCAAs every year will hopefully return to being the norm. It's trending that way and if they keep giving themselves a chance, they'll return to the FF sooner than later. #BUffalo2019
    They better
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Re: BU season thread volume 3.1 cause board/priceless/tippycanoe deleted ours

Originally posted by Friend_of_BU_Hockey View Post
      BU was an OT goal (last year) and a strong 3rd period (this year) away from making the FF. And that close from 3 FF appearances in 4 years.

Parity is the new norm; BU making it to the NCAAs every year will hopefully return to being the norm. It's trending that way and if they keep giving themselves a chance, they'll return to the FF sooner than later. #BUffalo2019
      College Hockey News @chnews
      Minnesota Duluth will try to become the 3rd "last team in" in the last five years to win the national title.
      The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost....ext-coach/amp/

Comment

Seems the author is spitballing there a little bit, and certainly not listing those names in order - I'd find it very difficult to believe Rick Bennett is the third-ranked candidate for the job. Though you have to think any NHL GM looking for a collegiate coach is going to be giving Monty a call before anyone else.
          ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

• Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
            Seems the author is spitballing there a little bit, and certainly not listing those names in order - I'd find it very difficult to believe Rick Bennett is the third-ranked candidate for the job. Though you have to think any NHL GM looking for a collegiate coach is going to be giving Monty a call before anyone else.
            No, I'd think Bylsma, Sutter, Roy, etc. are the most likely candidates before any college coaches.

Comment

Tater, you broke news mentioning BC but not BU?

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post

May not be a hockey-related reason as to why Weiss may end up elsewhere.

Comment

Was after the tweet I posted which was directly quoted by Cox's tweet which I saw first. Weiss is no where near as big of a name as Wahlstrom.

Comment

No but I know he was thought of as a pretty good recruit. Not sure if his stock has dropped or if it's academics etc

Comment

Wait I'm confused, is speculating about the academics of kids still not okay or is it fine now?

Comment

Originally posted by TheRevengeance View Post
                        Wait I'm confused, is speculating about the academics of kids still not okay or is it fine now?
                        Who is this directed at? What I said was innocuous and wasn't meant to imply that it's an academic issue. I'm including all possibilities.

Comment

No but I know he was thought of as a pretty good recruit. Not sure if his stock has dropped or if it's academics etc
                          Of the 4 NDTP forwards currently committed to BU for next year, the general ranking appears to be: Farabee, Wise, Weiss, DeBoer. But that is sort of looking at offensive stats and NHL draft rankings which wouldn't give as much weight to a guy who may bring the intangibles and be a 4-year guy. I don't know if Weiss or DeBoer would fall into that sort of category.
                          BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

ALso, I believe all 4 forwards signed their NLOI. Does that mean that neither side can break the deal unilaterally? Meaning it would have to be a mutual agreement (unless it's for academics, which I am sure is spelled out in the NLOI - you have to get in to the school).
                            BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Who is this directed at? What I said was innocuous and wasn't meant to imply that it's an academic issue. I'm including all possibilities.
                              I think indirectly directed at you but more directed at those here who questioned another poster who, out of the blue, questioned Brady Tkachuk's academic standing for no apparent reason and said something about him having a rich father to fall back on. Or something like that. People here took that poster to task for randomly brining up Tkachuk's grades without any reason to and then you mentioned academics in a completely innocuous way

Comment

I did see somewhere that the decision was not hockey related-
                                Also I see emergence of Big 10 and NCHC as leading conferences will lure more top recruits
                                BU is not scheduled as I see it so far to play any of those teams next year
                                Good to play ECAC teams but need a better mix on schedule

Comment

Working...
                                X