Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: BU season thread volume 3.1 cause board/priceless/tippycanoe deleted ours

I know they call icing based on the race but they also call it before the puck crosses the line? That should have been waved off. Dman could have gotten there.

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
      I know they call icing based on the race but they also call it before the puck crosses the line? That should have been waved off. Dman could have gotten there.
      I believe they make the call WHEN the first man reaches the dot regardless of whether the other guy is “gaining” on him or “might have” beaten him. I’m guessing to avoid injuries from guys going full tilt into the boards.

Comment

Ya but shouldn't you also consider where the puck is and if it would have crossed the line? That one was dying as it got to the goal line and could have been reached with a normal effort. Tough call to make i guess since you have a lot to process.

Comment

Will need a little luck today pull this out. Need someone to make a play like Curry did and a bounce. For awhile I thought this might be a repeat of 2 years ago against DU. If they go down fighting and finish in Final 8 everyone sb pleased. What’s with Farrance I didn’t notice him much until the post season some wheels there.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
            Ya but shouldn't you also consider where the puck is and if it would have crossed the line? That one was dying as it got to the goal line and could have been reached with a normal effort. Tough call to make i guess since you have a lot to process.
            Yeah, the puck still has to cross the goal line.

Comment

Originally posted by Jofa View Post
              Will need a little luck today pull this out. Need someone to make a play like Curry did and a bounce. For awhile I thought this might be a repeat of 2 years ago against DU. If they go down fighting and finish in Final 8 everyone sb pleased. What’s with Farrance I didn’t notice him much until the post season some wheels there.
              I think he looks great on one end of the ice. The problem is he has not been good on the other end. We really need Fabbro, Krys, Farrance, Kotkansalo, and Crotty to take huge leaps on the defensive end before next season.

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                Yes, in THIS case I didn’t think it was going to make the line either. I was just making a general statement regarding the rule.

Comment

• Originally posted by BU Fan 84 View Post
                  I think he looks great on one end of the ice. The problem is he has not been good on the other end. We really need Fabbro, Krys, Farrance, Kotkansalo, and Crotty to take huge leaps on the defensive end before next season.
                  Might all be true, but this game still so far has come down to that bad bounce off the boards and cra**y goal

Comment

• Originally posted by BU Fan 84 View Post
                    Yeah, the puck still has to cross the goal line.
                    Right, which is why i thought that one should have been waved off. Sure the puck ultimately crossed the line but a normal effort by dman and he gets to the puck before it crosses. Even though the BU player won the race that seems like an example that should be waved off. Didn't end up mattering but you never know in a one goal game.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                      Right, which is why i thought that one should have been waved off. Sure the puck ultimately crossed the line but a normal effort by dman and he gets to the puck before it crosses. Even though the BU player won the race that seems like an example that should be waved off. Didn't end up mattering but you never know in a one goal game.
                      I think I must have missed it completely, haha. I don't even know what play you and Chickod are talking about.

Comment

• Originally posted by chickod View Post
                        Might all be true, but this game still so far has come down to that bad bounce off the boards and cra**y goal
                        I have never bought that a game would go the same exact way if something didn’t happen. If 2-1 both teams aren’t playing the same style they were at 3-1.

Comment

Any idea about SOG amounts? The side ribbon boards are shut off still and because I have nervous energy I’ve been walking around the concourse and didn’t see if they put on the center ice scoreboard between periods.

Comment

I LIKE the way they're playing!

Comment

That goal is exactly what I was talking about it in my pre-game post!

Comment

These reviews are getting ridiculous

Comment

Working...
                                X