Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: BU season thread volume 3.1 cause board/priceless/tippycanoe deleted ours

Originally posted by Friend_of_BU_Hockey View Post
    I believe so, which I think the President, Provost and other top brass are involved in. Non-BU guy believed to be one of the finalists; other finalists are BU guys.
    Makes sense that the President, Provost, upper level types are involved now. Final round of interviews. Time for one name to emerge. About a week, I imagine.

Comment

Globe says it's down to McEachern or Bennett. Odd choice of a former BU guy if true.
      ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

You are actually considering Bennett? He is a good hockey coach and motivator but currently my second least respected person in North America (next to #45).
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
          You are actually considering Bennett? He is a good hockey coach and motivator but currently my second least respected person in North America (next to #45).
          I don't know how true it is or how serious the consideration is. Could just be them interviewing a bon BU person to appease the administration and not appear like it's an inside job. But I too am not overly impressed enough to think it's worth it. I'm VERY puzzled if they think McEachern is a qualified finalist but Albie is not.
          ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

• Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
            Globe says it's down to McEachern or Bennett. Odd choice of a former BU guy if true.
            Can't imagine the BU family would be thrilled with Bennett and McEachern seems like an odd choice to me as well considering the other options.

If Albie stays, sounds like he's content being a Steve Miller.

Comment

Also, saw Josh Lawrence was taken in first round of the Q draft. That could be quite a battle.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                Can't imagine the BU family would be thrilled with Bennett and McEachern seems like an odd choice to me as well considering the other options.

If Albie stays, sounds like he's content being a Steve Miller.

Globe report and Herald report list different names. The papers are fishing. News sells.
                BU admin has nothing to gain leaking to the press or rushing to a decision.
                It's still early in the President/Provost stage... look to mid-end of week for an announcement.
                Good goalies let the shooter make the first move.
                Last edited by Berkshire BU Fan; 06-02-2018, 08:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                  Almost an endorsement coming from an RPI fan.

Comment

• Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                    I wonder how accurate the info is? McEachern would be cool (although surprising). I can’t think of someone that I’d feel less interested in than Bennett.

Comment

• Originally posted by Berkshire BU Fan View Post
                      Globe report and Herald report list different names. The papers are fishing. News sells.
                      BU admin has nothing to gain leaking to the press or rushing to a decision.
                      It's still early in the President/Provost stage... look to mid-end of week for an announcement.
                      Good goalies let the shooter make the first move.
                      Where's the Herald report you saw?
                      ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                        Where's the Herald report you saw?
                        Sorry, my mistake. I was reading Mike McMahon in College Hockey News. Herald's been quiet.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                          Also, saw Josh Lawrence was taken in first round of the Q draft. That could be quite a battle.
                          Even though teams usually wait until later rounds for guys that they think will be a challenge to talk out of the NCAA route, for being one of the consensus top 3-5 picks available, and given that the head coach of his NCAA team just left, I was actually pleased, as I thought he would be taken even higher.
                          BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Originally posted by Berkshire BU Fan View Post
                            Almost an endorsement coming from an RPI fan.
                            Perhaps.

He is a good coach. There is no denying it. However, he throws temper tantrums when he loses, just like #45. I don't think that is something one wants in a coach.
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                              Perhaps.

He is a good coach. There is no denying it. However, he throws temper tantrums when he loses, just like #45. I don't think that is something one wants in a coach.
                              I don't know, I've seen several very successful coaches (who also won national titles) throw tantrums when they lost. It shows that they have passion.

Sean
                              Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
                              Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
                              BU Hockey highlights and extras
                              NCAA Hockey Financials
                              Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
                              I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

Originally posted by Sean Pickett View Post
                                I don't know, I've seen several very successful coaches (who also won national titles) throw tantrums when they lost. It shows that they have passion.

Sean
                                He's yours then.

BTW, I wonder how the change in coach will affect Evan Tironese's future at BU.
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X