This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RoughEmUp View Post
    Looks like I am in the distinct minority here, but I absolutely want the BU coach to have a degree. I assume the coach will consistently push student athletes to make solid progress towards a degree, and their credibility would be shot without holding a degree themselves.

Further, I would like to see more coaches make the effort to attain an Ed.M in coaching, or sports psychology, or development...something along those lines. Coaching could be so much better if they brought an educator’s or psychologist’s training to bear in addition to having “played the game” and “paid their dues” through the traditional paradigm.
    Sounds like college administrator talk.

Extra degrees is not a guarantee that anyone could coach their way out of a paper bag.

How many NHL head coaches have college degrees?

Comment

• Re: BU season thread volume 3.1 cause board/priceless/tippycanoe deleted ours

Originally posted by Harry Cleverly View Post

Extra degrees is not a guarantee that anyone could coach their way out of a paper bag.

Three that I know of.

Comment

Originally posted by BU Fan 84 View Post
        I personally have wondered how much he was responsible for the ****ty first half of this past season. Just curious that he comes on and all of a sudden the quality of play plummets as compared to the past few seasons? I was told by some folks that no, I am wrong, he is really well-respected and highly regarded, but I don't know .... He certainly never had much success in wins and losses as a coach. Prior to Quinn leaving, I was hoping Len would not be back. Hopefully that is more likely now.
        Pretty difficult to singularly pin a bad first half of the season on the lowest assistant coach on the staff. If his impact on the team is that substantial that the head coach and associate head coach (or the team itself) all cannot overcome any gap in his ability then that's a problem with the had coach and associate head coach. I really doubt his impact was as significant as you suggest.
        ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

This is the NCAA and like it or not its college sports and academics should matter. If I am hiring a coach he has to have a degree or his preaching to students about getting an education and go to classes will fall on deaf ears.

Comment

Wodon article on BU's Questionable Process.

https://www.collegehockeynews.com/ne...-Questions.php
            It Happened!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bomber View Post

Good hachet job.

Sean
              Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
              Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
              BU Hockey highlights and extras
              NCAA Hockey Financials
              Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
              I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post

Really irresponsible of him to say that BU "never treated these candidacies seriously." How does HE know that? They may have had legitimate reasons for not moving forward with them. You don't always have to bring someone in for an interview to demonstrate that you are "taking them seriously." I hope that he also substantiated his claim that they "chose not to seriously discuss the job with a number of experienced, viable candidates" by actually going to them and asking them.

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
                  Really irresponsible of him to say that BU "never treated these candidacies seriously." How does HE know that? They may have had legitimate reasons for not moving forward with them. You don't always have to bring someone in for an interview to demonstrate that you are "taking them seriously." I hope that he also substantiated his claim that they "chose not to seriously discuss the job with a number of experienced, viable candidates" by actually going to them and asking them.
                  Wodon is the same guy to delete a tweet saying LIU-Brooklyn was adding women's hockey this week....HACK
                  Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Wodon has been so bent out of shape over this. Kinda pathetic IMO for an editor-in-chief of one of the 2 major college hockey news outlets.

The article is filled with conjecture and is all style, zero substance. He's also been shameless in his attempts towards baiting the BU fan base to respond.

"I have close ties with so many of their alumni and past and present employees that it's always seemed like a second home"

This is quite the self-pat-on-the-back, esp. given that I've been close enough to the program long enough to know that this is an exaggeration at best, downright lie at worst. It's a shame b/c I once respected his work; he now comes across like a desperate, angry, jilted hack trying to make a story that isn't really there.

Comment

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
                      Wodon is the same guy to delete a tweet saying LIU-Brooklyn was adding women's hockey this week....HACK
                      The tweet is still there.

https://***********/CHN_AdamWodon/st...86488884105217

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
                        Bingo. There have been zero on-the-record quotes from any of the candidates. Seems like Wodon has been grasping at straws for days based on 2nd hand info as well as his own imagination.

And to Sean's point earlier, the DU situation was very similar, yet where's the criticism against DU? Or when Brad Berry was promoted almost immediately after Hakstol left NoDak?

It's quite the interesting agenda he seems to be pushing.

Comment

" I was told that Hynes put word to Marochello through back channels that he'd at least be willing to talk about the job. Not that he'd necessarily go, but wanted to at least discuss it. That conversation never took place."
                          If someone was really interested in the job, wouldn't it seem the thing to do would be to contact Marochello directly rather than "putting word through back channels"?

Comment

• Originally posted by Harry Cleverly View Post

Credit for life experience!!
                            -Cambridge college

a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                              If someone was really interested in the job, wouldn't it seem the thing to do would be to contact Marochello directly rather than "putting word through back channels"?
                              Hynes is already under contract with a team in a higher league. Imagine how ****ed his bosses would be if they heard he was interested in skipping out on his contract to take a lesser job for less money. If you put out a couple feelers through "back channels," your bosses are probably not going to find out about it and you can deny ever having spoken to anyone at BU if they do find out about it. Of course, now that Wodon has been reporting on it ....

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                                Pretty difficult to singularly pin a bad first half of the season on the lowest assistant coach on the staff. If his impact on the team is that substantial that the head coach and associate head coach (or the team itself) all cannot overcome any gap in his ability then that's a problem with the had coach and associate head coach. I really doubt his impact was as significant as you suggest.
                                I didn't say he was singularly responsible for it. I said I wondered about his role in it, how much was his fault.

Comment

Working...
                                X