Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: BU season thread volume 3.1 cause board/priceless/tippycanoe deleted ours

GQ is a competitive guy. He sees haskol and now Monty go pro and has to be thinking “I am better looking than both of them, no reason not to be on that stage too.”

Good for him. Hope he wins every game except when he plays the pens.
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
      GQ is a competitive guy. He sees haskol and now Monty go pro and has to be thinking “I am better looking than both of them, no reason not to be on that stage too.”

Good for him. Hope he wins every game except when he plays the pens.
      "I'm better looking than Monty," is kind of a low bar.

Comment

Regarding "being happy that Quinn is gone" as someone who's also critical of Quinn's coaching abilities it seems he finally found a way to get the most out of his players not named or on a line with Eichel during the 2nd half of last year. That would be 4 1/2 years into his tenure. Whether that was an anomaly or if he's actually improved I don't know, but his departure is survivable provided the team can still land the recruits that have gotten the program back on track after the end of Parker's tenure. I'd hire Albie to see what he can do. If he blows can his a ss in a couple of years and then go out and get a big name if needed.
        Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Now it is officially official:

https://www.nhl.com/rangers/

http://goterriers.com/news/2018/5/23...k-rangers.aspx
          Last edited by ericredaxe; 05-23-2018, 01:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
            If he blows can his a ss in a couple of years and then go out and get a big name if needed.
            Loosely translated: "If he does not win 2 Beanpots, 2 Hockey East Championships and 2 National Championships in his first two years he stinks and should be fired"
            Last edited by ericredaxe; 05-23-2018, 01:32 PM.

Comment

Dear Supporters of BU Hockey,

Thank you for your ongoing support of BU Hockey. As you likely know by now, David Quinn has accepted the head coaching position with the New York Rangers. David returned to his alma mater as our head coach five years ago, and I am grateful for how hard he and his coaching staff have worked and for how well they have represented BU. Four NCAA Tournaments, two Hockey East titles and one national championship game appearance are a great legacy of success! Please join me in wishing David well in the NHL and rooting for his future success.

With that said, we respectfully turn our attention to our bright future. Our objective will not change: we expect to be among the very best programs in college hockey, year in and year out, and to contend for the national championship. I am confident we will attract a premier coach who embraces those expectations and helps our student-athletes fulfill their goals. This is a time where your support of our hockey program, our athletic department and our university shines through to prospective candidates, so I want to take a moment and acknowledge your commitment to BU, which will help us accomplish what we will achieve in the future.

Our search for our next head coach already has begun and we will be in touch as we progress through this process. We will find the next person to continue the proud tradition that is BU Hockey and I look forward to introducing our next head coach to you soon.

Once again, we appreciate your support of Terrier Hockey. Go BU!

Sincerely,
              Drew

——-nice touch
              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Fox 25 just posted on Facebook, "The head coach of the hockey team at Boston University is saying goodbye to the Bulldogs and hello to the Rangers!"

Comment

Saying "We didn't want him anyway, 'cause he's a jerk" when you lose a prize recruit to your chief rival is in Chapter One of the "How to be a Raging Fanboy" Guide book. Just. Don't.

BU Hockey: Blue Chipper Balls
                  It Happened!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                    Saying "We didn't want him anyway, 'cause he's a jerk" when you lose a prize recruit to your chief rival is in Chapter One of the "How to be a Raging Fanboy" Guide book. Just. Don't.

BU Hockey: Blue Chipper Balls
                    But did we "lose" him to BC if we didn't recruit him? There was little to no indication that BU made any effort to recruit him.
                    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                      Loosely translated: "If he does not win 2 Beanpots, 2 Hockey East Championships and 2 National Championships in his first two years he stinks and should be fired"
                      I'll settle for one national championship.
                      Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                        As for Wahlstrom, he's a 1-2 year player. I highly doubt any coach would turn away from that talent because of rumors about annoying parents. There are boatloads of those in the sports world. I suppose if you already have the potential for a lot of early departures you might shy away from Wahlstrom but for BC, this is the kind of player they needed to boost what they already have.
                        Agreed on the annoying parents, but the coachability is pretty darn important.
                        BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Saw on Twitter that Weiss found a new home at UNO. Hope he does well there.
                          BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
                            Knew that was coming- unkown on why it was happening who was unhappy- Player or BU
                            Could it have been an admissions issue- Was not a factor in under 18 tourney but neither was DeBoer

Comment

• Originally posted by defkit View Post
                              A BU commit having to go elsewhere. Somewhere Agganis is weeping in a corner.

Comment

• Originally posted by defkit View Post
                                Agreed on the annoying parents, but the coachability is pretty darn important.
                                True but easier to deal with if only have him for a short time. Plus I am not sure I am buying the he's not coachable angle. Who has reported that? Just because his parents might be a pain doesn't make him uncoachable.

Comment

Working...
                                X