X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Minnesota Gophers 2018-2019

Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
    Maybe you don't recall, but this was hinted at by the rodent/sconnie expert a while back when it was also put forth that Abigail Boreen was set to red-shirt this coming season. So far, so good...

On GPL, late Monday night a poster gave some information that #27's instagram had information about Agnew transferring. Indeed it did.

There is your sources as far as I know.
    There is the answer! I hardly ever read GPL because the times I went there it didn't add much to the women's hockey experience.

Comment

Originally posted by ne7minder View Post
      There is the answer! I hardly ever read GPL because the times I went there it didn't add much to the women's hockey experience.
      For the most part that is true although there is good recruiting info and there are a few pretty well connected posters as well in regards to GWH news.
      At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

I'm hearing the Gophers have a new goalie for 2018-2019 season..News should be out soon! Go Gophers!!!

Comment

Originally posted by AAA Dad View Post
          I'm hearing the Gophers have a new goalie for 2018-2019 season..News should be out soon! Go Gophers!!!
          Can she be converted to a defensemen...

Comment

Can she be converted to a defensemen...
            Yeah. I admire Frost's willingness to deal from his depth, so I'm not opposed to trading a forward. I just think it would have been better to send Agnew to a team with depth on the blueline that it was willing to part with.

Comment

Originally posted by Still Eeyore View Post
              Yeah. I admire Frost's willingness to deal from his depth, so I'm not opposed to trading a forward. I just think it would have been better to send Agnew to a team with depth on the blueline that it was willing to part with.
              What's all this talk about dealing and trading players? Next thing you know the top recruits will be demanding "no trade clauses" as part of their commitment!
              Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

https://***********/TheVTHockeyBlog
                https://thevermonthockeyblog.wordpress.com/

Frozen Four: '96, '09
                NCAA Tournament: '88, '96, '97, '09, '10, '14

/r/collegehockey moderator
                Fan of the UVM Catamounts, Charlotte Hornets, Oakland A's, and Philadelphia Union

Comment

If it is indeed Sydney Scobee transfering from Vermont then there are potentially 4 goalies on the roster...Yikes.

I was kind of hoping maybe we swiped the SSP goalie recruit Kaity McKenzie going to Cornell. She might have been able to play defense...
                  Last edited by FiveHoleFrenzy; 04-05-2018, 05:05 PM.

Comment

The NCAA should have added some women to the video, but it is centered around the men's Frozen Four.

https://www.ncaa.com/video/icehockey...a-state-hockey

Comment

there are potentially 4 goalies on the roster...Yikes.
                      Will both of the younger back-ups return?

Comment

Originally posted by EastFan1 View Post
                        Will both of the younger back-ups return?
                        What 2 younger back ups? Gulstene will be Soph and DeAngelo and May will be junior and Senior.

I would imagine Junior Scobee and Soph Gulstene will be Main 2 competing for the Gopher net.

Comment

What 2 younger back ups? Gulstene will be Soph and DeAngelo and May will be junior and Senior.

I would imagine Junior Scobee and Soph Gulstene will be Main 2 competing for the Gopher net.
                          I was wondering if they would give May a pass (no idea what sort of promises were made or her expectations) or red shirt somebody but the only logical RS would be Gulstene and I don't see that happening

Comment

Yeah looking closer at the stats. With the number of goalies on roster I wouldn't figure the #8 HE save percentage goalie would come in as the likely starter but now I see the logic.

Comment

Yeah looking closer at the stats. With the number of goalies on roster I wouldn't figure the #8 HE save percentage goalie would come in as the likely starter but now I see the logic.
                              As the Badgers demonstrated this past season, how the team's defense plays in front of their goalie can help boost her save percentage. Hopefully we'll see the same next season for whoever earns the starter role for the Gophers.

Comment

HE was loaded at the goalie position last year. Scobee kept us in a lot of games.
                                https://***********/TheVTHockeyBlog
                                https://thevermonthockeyblog.wordpress.com/

Frozen Four: '96, '09
                                NCAA Tournament: '88, '96, '97, '09, '10, '14

/r/collegehockey moderator
                                Fan of the UVM Catamounts, Charlotte Hornets, Oakland A's, and Philadelphia Union

Comment

Working...
                                X