X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesota Gophers 2018-2019

Originally posted by Still Eeyore View Post
    You had no idea what you were talking about then, and you haven't gotten any closer.

This isn't really true. Ratio data can be very useful for comparing players across teams. Unfortunately, the full data set necessary to do this isn't publicly available for women's college hockey. I don't know whether or not it is privately available, though I do know that there are proprietary statistical packages that programs can buy that contain lots of data that is not otherwise accessible.

At the end of the day, though, one wonders why anyone should take you even vaguely seriously, given that you were perfectly content to base your argument on plus/minus until it was pointed out that it isn't useful, and only then started acting like you knew that already. You're a pathetic combination of ignorance and bluster.
    LOL, when someone resorts to name calling, you know they have lost.

You throw around "big" words in an attempt to convince others you know what you are talking about, which probably works on small minds, all anyone has to do is search back on the words "Pokechecker Index" and the truth will be revealed. I manually collected the data and published it here before the WCHA started displaying it on their website. The Pokechecker Index was the ratio of goals scored to goals given up. I said it was a better indicator than +/-, most people around here disagreed, including you.

Nice to see you have finally come around to my way of thinking.

P.S.
    don't feel too bad about the significance of random assignment being lost on you, that is a major stumbling point for freshman everywhere
    Last edited by pokechecker; 01-24-2019, 07:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
      If they were "continually making bad decisions" there is no way they'd be the No. 2 ranked team in the nation. Personally I think the D-core has made great strides this season. Anytime you hold No. 1 to three goals in two games, mission accomplished.
      exactly, so why have people here week after week mentioned that they are making bad decisions?
      just one example:
      Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
      The concern for this team from the beginning of year was the defensive unit and to a lesser extent goaltending. Goaltending has been good but the decision making and pace of decisions by the defensemen have proven to be problematic. I'm not sure that is going to "get better" but we will see.
      Last edited by pokechecker; 01-24-2019, 07:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by pokechecker View Post
        week after week
        Geez your getting lazy...Surely you could find more than just my 1 time for the week after week of specifically mentioned decisions and/or decision making, right?

Pokechecker Index...What do have, like a following of about 1 for that including yourself?
        At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

I'm more worried about a possible letdown by the Gophers than "players making bad decisions" this weekend. Those were two very intense games last weekend at Ridder and Ohio State may have a little more incentive than normal as well.

Then there's the following weekend with an improving UMD team with a goalie that's starting to play closer to the way we all thought she would.
          Last edited by bluffrinkrat; 01-24-2019, 09:19 PM. Reason: Forget it. The Gopher women's team don't have letdowns.
          "Everything that rises must converge." Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

Comment

Originally posted by bluffrinkrat View Post
            I'm more worried about a possible letdown by the Gophers than "players making bad decisions" this weekend. Those were two very intense games last weekend at Ridder and Ohio State may have a little more incentive than normal as well.
            Absolutely, my worry too. After a HUGE series against the No. 1 Badgers - at home - which going in had great anticipation, and hoopla, and light sticks, and the home crowd cheering wildly to fire up the home team....

Now away, with none of that to help, against a very formidable opponent, who is borderline desperate to get a win/sweep after a disappointing series last weekend...getting a sweep on the road will be a HUGE CHALLENGE. So much rides on motivation and desire, and coming off last weekend's big showdown... err letdown...it won't be easy to get totally fired up to take on the Buckeyes. Hopefully the coaches will get the team moving, and at the very minimum come away with a split.

Then there's the following weekend with an improving UMD team with a goalie that's starting to play closer to the way we all thought she would.[/QUOTE]
            Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

• Originally posted by D2D View Post
              Absolutely, my worry too. After a HUGE series against the No. 1 Badgers - at home - which going in had great anticipation, and hoopla, and light sticks, and the home crowd cheering wildly to fire up the home team....

Now away, with none of that to help, against a very formidable opponent, who is borderline desperate to get a win/sweep after a disappointing series last weekend...getting a sweep on the road will be a HUGE CHALLENGE. So much rides on motivation and desire, and coming off last weekend's big showdown... err letdown...it won't be easy to get totally fired up to take on the Buckeyes. Hopefully the coaches will get the team moving, and at the very minimum come away with a split.

Then there's the following weekend with an improving UMD team with a goalie that's starting to play closer to the way we all thought she would.
              [/QUOTE]

I don’t think for a minute that this team will have a hard time getting motivated for a series against the Buckeyes. They are facing a strong opponent that is coming off a bad weekend that they split with earlier in the season at home. Both teams will be ready and the games will be exciting to watch.

Comment

Originally posted by Puckdrop14 View Post
                I don’t think for a minute that this team will have a hard time getting motivated for a series against the Buckeyes. They are facing a strong opponent that is coming off a bad weekend that they split with earlier in the season at home. Both teams will be ready and the games will be exciting to watch.
                We shall see, sure hope you're right.

Comment

Originally posted by bluffrinkrat View Post
                  I'm more worried about a possible letdown by the Gophers
                  There WILL be a letdown, you can only go down after you play UW. OSU is a pushover, rest the big burrowers this weekend.
                  Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                  ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                  ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                  "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                  Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Six Alums Named to USA Hockey Roster
                    https://gophersports.com/news/2019/1...ey-roster.aspx

Comment

Watching on flohockey. Geez that rink looks small!

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                        Watching on flohockey. Geez that rink looks small!
                        Quite the 'letdown' going on in Columbus.

Comment

That was a really good period. The Gophers looked shaky for the first couple of minutes, but even then didn't allow any good scoring chances against. Then the power play came back to life.

Comment

Originally posted by robertearle View Post
                            Quite the 'letdown' going on in Columbus.
                            My concerns were obviously unfounded. Under the circumstances I don't mind being wrong.

Comment

Gophers with a touchdown and extra point and Ohio State with a safety.

Liked the changes made to the lower lines...
                              At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Mark Gibbons, who posted here as ne7minder, passed away today after a battle with cancer.

Mark wasn't just a friend. He overcame hiss fears of having to tell a friend that his writing sucked, and read the 210,000 word second draft of Becoming Phoebe. He never did tell me that my writing sucked.

Comment

Working...
                                X