Page 10 of 41 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 200 of 811

Thread: Minnesota Gophers 2018-2019

  1. #181
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    1,955

    Re: Minnesota Gophers 2018-2019

    Quote Originally Posted by drewkal View Post
    I was wondering where KPan was, didn't hear the pre-game. It would be really cool if UND re-started, put the WCHA back into symmetry, my hockey world would be better with trips to Grand Forks, really! I'd finally got that place figured out for food, bars, hotels and then, wham !, no more UND team. That 11/18/16 trip to the Ralph through the heart of a blizzard made the destination that much better.
    I listened to the interview last night after the game (https://drive.google.com/file/d/1vXw...ew?usp=sharing)
    You will hear the usual nonanswer. I hear she was at the Whitecaps game tonight (I did not see her, they were sitting upstairs) and the person who saw her said she was moving normally. Hopefully it is minor & they are just giving her time to heal up well before the season

  2. #182
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    1,955

    Re: Minnesota Gophers 2018-2019

    Quote Originally Posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
    Exhibition thoughts after the 8-1 win over UBC:

    Where was Kelly Pannek?
    Amy Potomak took more than her share of punishment in the 2 periods she played. Hopefully she is ok.
    Of the freshmen, two who are a little less hyped than the others (Skaja and Hengler) really played well. I liked the line of Skaja, Zoom Boom, and Schammel
    I don't know how much she will play in the regular season but Sierra Smith looked pretty good on defense.
    On the opening faceoff Amy knocked the UBC winger pretty hard. I was wondering if there could be some history between some players. UBC 23 seemed intent on hurting Amy in the first period (she took 3 penalties, 2 for shots at AP) but she settled down after that

  3. #183
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    280

    Re: Minnesota Gophers 2018-2019

    Quote Originally Posted by ne7minder View Post
    On the opening faceoff Amy knocked the UBC winger pretty hard. I was wondering if there could be some history between some players. UBC 23 seemed intent on hurting Amy in the first period (she took 3 penalties, 2 for shots at AP) but she settled down after that
    It appears that Amy and Ireland (#23) were classmates not long ago. I would guess that there were up to a dozen UBC players that had been either teammates or camp competitors with Amy and/or Sarah.

  4. #184
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    254

    Re: Minnesota Gophers 2018-2019

    Quote Originally Posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
    Zoom Boom
    Time for one last off-season remark: We here in the East have to make do with electrical outlet puns, however extraordinary the talent, but which roster has the best moniker? That’s the real question. (Coaches’ polls are just dissing contests.) I have the Gophers going all the way.

  5. #185
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    2,504

    Re: Minnesota Gophers 2018-2019

    Quote Originally Posted by thirdtime's . . . View Post
    Time for one last off-season remark: We here in the East have to make do with electrical outlet puns, however extraordinary the talent, but which roster has the best moniker? That’s the real question. (Coaches’ polls are just dissing contests.) I have the Gophers going all the way.
    I'm not sure if you are asking individually or for team but if team then this probably wins...

    Clarkson - The Fighting Nurses.
    "For absolutely no reason we went to Canada and when we were coming back over the border they asked us if we had anything to declare...
    I said yes...War." Steven Wright

    People getting triggered by a red hat with white lettering? What does it for me is a red hat with one white letter...

  6. #186
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    254

    Re: Minnesota Gophers 2018-2019

    Quote Originally Posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
    I'm not sure if you are asking individually or for team but if team then this probably wins...

    Clarkson - The Fighting Nurses.
    Individually. But collectively you got it. BOOM!

  7. #187
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    346

    Re: Minnesota Gophers 2018-2019

    Quote Originally Posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
    I'm not sure if you are asking individually or for team but if team then this probably wins...

    Clarkson - The Fighting Nurses.
    Also known as the Sisters of No Mercy.

  8. #188
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    346

    Re: Minnesota Gophers 2018-2019

    Quote Originally Posted by thirdtime's . . . View Post
    Which roster has the best moniker? That’s the real question.
    Rumor is that Frost repaid a debt to Joel Johnson by throwing a silver dollar across the Potomaks.

  9. #189
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    2,504

    Re: Minnesota Gophers 2018-2019

    Quote Originally Posted by thirdtime's . . . View Post
    Individually. But collectively you got it. BOOM!
    Ok...I read in one of GS's articles on BCI the best one in my opinion and it's not electricity related.

    Daryl Watts - The skating jesus
    "For absolutely no reason we went to Canada and when we were coming back over the border they asked us if we had anything to declare...
    I said yes...War." Steven Wright

    People getting triggered by a red hat with white lettering? What does it for me is a red hat with one white letter...

  10. #190
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    1,955

    Re: Minnesota Gophers 2018-2019

    Quote Originally Posted by OldDave View Post
    It appears that Amy and Ireland (#23) were classmates not long ago. I would guess that there were up to a dozen UBC players that had been either teammates or camp competitors with Amy and/or Sarah.
    UBC #23 was a real treat on the ice, taking 3 penalties in the opening period including a long-range charge that drove Amy into the boards & should have included a DQ for intent to injure. I was seriously concerned about what would follow but things settled down after that.

    Back in '00(IIRC) I saw a very ugly game against a Canadian team & one of the Kennedy sisters throwing punches after a series of cheap shots from the other team. I thought we might have that again but thankfully it did not turn out that way

  11. #191
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    396

    Re: Minnesota Gophers 2018-2019

    Quote Originally Posted by ne7minder View Post
    UBC #23 was a real treat on the ice, taking 3 penalties in the opening period including a long-range charge that drove Amy into the boards & should have included a DQ for intent to injure. I was seriously concerned about what would follow but things settled down after that.
    As I tried to tell you live, that charging penalty was on #25.

  12. #192
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    2,148

    Re: Minnesota Gophers 2018-2019

    Quote Originally Posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
    Exhibition thoughts after the 8-1 win over UBC:

    ...
    Of the freshmen, two who are a little less hyped than the others (Skaja and Hengler) really played well. ...
    yeah, they seemed to play as if it were just a continuation of HS, they sure didn't play like freshmen, that was a nice play by Hengler to poke the puck away where it at first appeared the BC player might break in on goal undefended, kinda reminded me of Ramsey poking the puck away from Nurse in the NCAA semi a couple years ago

    Looking at the box score sometimes reveals interesting things:
    That 3 of the 4 Freshmen filled 3 of the 4 center positions.
    It may also indicate which of the two G are the leading candidates given they played an entire period. I missed the G change during the 3rd period and was surprised to see D’Angelo who looked pretty solid, but then she was really the only one tested for an extended time, the others going long stretches between scoring attempts. The goalie play of the game probably goes to Scobee during the middle of the second period where she covered the lower left side and post with her pad on a good scoring attempt.

    Quote Originally Posted by ne7minder View Post
    including a long-range charge that drove Amy into the boards & should have included a DQ for intent to injure.
    I didn't see it that way and neither did the officials, but then you are known for your sense of unreality, hope she is OK though

    .. now you folks can take it back to your pun games
    Last edited by pokechecker; 09-27-2018 at 11:49 AM.
    Israel depends on a wall for their security, and it is doing the job. Democrazies need to explain why one wouldn't work for the USA. Baring that, build a wall Mr. Trump, so big the Chineeze have to rename theirs.

  13. #193
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    687

    Re: Minnesota Gophers 2018-2019

    What were the line combos?

  14. #194
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    2,504

    Re: Minnesota Gophers 2018-2019

    Quote Originally Posted by Puckdrop14 View Post
    What were the line combos?
    For the Exhibition game? Picture of them here but they did change some throughout the game.

    https://twitter.com/hashtag/GWH?src=hash
    "For absolutely no reason we went to Canada and when we were coming back over the border they asked us if we had anything to declare...
    I said yes...War." Steven Wright

    People getting triggered by a red hat with white lettering? What does it for me is a red hat with one white letter...

  15. #195
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    687
    Quote Originally Posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
    For the Exhibition game? Picture of them here but they did change some throughout the game.

    https://twitter.com/hashtag/GWH?src=hash
    Yes. Thank you. This lineup has the potential to be scary good.

  16. #196
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    4

    Re: Minnesota Gophers 2018-2019

    Quote Originally Posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
    Intrigued by the overall team height for this years squad...

    3 forwards 5'5" and under
    12 forwards 5'6" and above (8 forwards 5'8" and above).

    All defensemen are 5'7" and above.

    2 goaltenders who will play the most minutes are 6' and 5'8" (Scobee and Gulstene).

    Lots of length and plenty of speed and skill to go with it. Excited to see how the pieces fit together for this years team.
    This is a stretch. I know most of these girls of the so called 5'8" and above... On tippy toes maybe. Scobee... yea right. But rounding up is in all sports.

    Also, Maybe the U should stop the practice of grabbing kids when there just out of diapers. But I suppose the 8th grader that just committed is pretty old for their standards, changing their practice, probably not... This is why the goalie situation is in constant flux. They wouldn't have to go and steel a goalie that is average at best, from a conference that wasn't very strong, for a stop gap to make up for their recruiting mistakes. By the way, what very young goalie got cut this year from the USA program they recruited? Again, recruiting goalies to young is not a good thing for anyone. They just haven't learned that yet. With near a half a dozen on the roster, you would think they wouldn't have to keep looking... The U is why the NCAA (and rightly so) are changing the recruiting policies in the near future. The U is using different avenues to circumvent the rules. (Local summer feeder programs for year around recruiting regardless of age and rules ) They really never stop talking to any recruit, even during the no communication periods. Its interesting to mention, even with all these "gray" area violations over these past few years. They still dont have much to show for it. This year could be different however. They are fielding a pretty strong team thanks to Os and HP network of very close friends. Calling a spade a spade is all.

  17. #197
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    2,504

    Re: Minnesota Gophers 2018-2019

    Quote Originally Posted by dr.hook View Post
    This is a stretch. I know most of these girls of the so called 5'8" and above... On tippy toes maybe. Scobee... yea right. But rounding up is in all sports.

    Also, Maybe the U should stop the practice of grabbing kids when there just out of diapers. But I suppose the 8th grader that just committed is pretty old for their standards, changing their practice, probably not... This is why the goalie situation is in constant flux. They wouldn't have to go and steel a goalie that is average at best, from a conference that wasn't very strong, for a stop gap to make up for their recruiting mistakes. By the way, what very young goalie got cut this year from the USA program they recruited? Again, recruiting goalies to young is not a good thing for anyone. They just haven't learned that yet. With near a half a dozen on the roster, you would think they wouldn't have to keep looking... The U is why the NCAA (and rightly so) are changing the recruiting policies in the near future. The U is using different avenues to circumvent the rules. (Local summer feeder programs for year around recruiting regardless of age and rules ) They really never stop talking to any recruit, even during the no communication periods. Its interesting to mention, even with all these "gray" area violations over these past few years. They still dont have much to show for it. This year could be different however. They are fielding a pretty strong team thanks to Os and HP network of very close friends. Calling a spade a spade is all.
    I suppose it was inevitable that someone was going to make pokechecker look like Mr. Positivity...

    https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/6dca275...6-beba16ad6607
    "For absolutely no reason we went to Canada and when we were coming back over the border they asked us if we had anything to declare...
    I said yes...War." Steven Wright

    People getting triggered by a red hat with white lettering? What does it for me is a red hat with one white letter...

  18. #198
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    2,148

    Re: Minnesota Gophers 2018-2019

    Quote Originally Posted by dr.hook View Post
    This is a stretch. I know most of these girls of the so called 5'8" and above... On tippy toes maybe.
    [/I]

    Are you suggesting the Gopher coaching staff is pulling a Christine Blasey Ford?

    Quote Originally Posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
    I suppose it was inevitable that someone was going to make pokechecker look like Mr. Positivity...

    [/URL]
    I would object, but as a white male, I am used to false accusations.
    Israel depends on a wall for their security, and it is doing the job. Democrazies need to explain why one wouldn't work for the USA. Baring that, build a wall Mr. Trump, so big the Chineeze have to rename theirs.

  19. #199
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    15

    Re: Minnesota Gophers 2018-2019

    Quote Originally Posted by dr.hook View Post
    This is a stretch. I know most of these girls of the so called 5'8" and above... On tippy toes maybe. Scobee... yea right. But rounding up is in all sports.

    Also, Maybe the U should stop the practice of grabbing kids when there just out of diapers. But I suppose the 8th grader that just committed is pretty old for their standards, changing their practice, probably not... This is why the goalie situation is in constant flux. They wouldn't have to go and steel a goalie that is average at best, from a conference that wasn't very strong, for a stop gap to make up for their recruiting mistakes. By the way, what very young goalie got cut this year from the USA program they recruited? Again, recruiting goalies to young is not a good thing for anyone. They just haven't learned that yet. With near a half a dozen on the roster, you would think they wouldn't have to keep looking... The U is why the NCAA (and rightly so) are changing the recruiting policies in the near future. The U is using different avenues to circumvent the rules. (Local summer feeder programs for year around recruiting regardless of age and rules ) They really never stop talking to any recruit, even during the no communication periods. Its interesting to mention, even with all these "gray" area violations over these past few years. They still dont have much to show for it. This year could be different however. They are fielding a pretty strong team thanks to Os and HP network of very close friends. Calling a spade a spade is all.
    Sounds like dr.hook's kid got the Hook. Seems bitter at all the programs that probably turned them away. By the way most of those goalies come to them. If you show promise when you're young and you say I want to go there and get no money why wouldn't you at least entertain the idea? Have fun with your small network of bitter friends. Calling a spade a spade is all

  20. #200
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    687
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiveholio View Post
    Sounds like dr.hook's kid got the Hook. Seems bitter at all the programs that probably turned them away. By the way most of those goalies come to them. If you show promise when you're young and you say I want to go there and get no money why wouldn't you at least entertain the idea? Have fun with your small network of bitter friends. Calling a spade a spade is all
    I believe that we will all see soon enough that Scobee is not an average goalie. She might just be the difference in a few W’s against top ranked teams. She’s a good one.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •