X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesota Gophers 2018-2019

Originally posted by HockeyThumper View Post
    Badgers got lucky that #13 only got 2 minutes for this play. Looks like a 5 or 10 minute misconduct to me!

https://youtu.be/QEZCaS7lT8U
    This could be the worst call I have seen this year & Eeyore thinks he can justify it???? Wow

Comment

Takes from the weekend:
      -What happened to the fan base/crowds at Ridder & Mariucci? Wisco traveled well & were very loud. 1/2 full?
      -Is Ludwig have a relationship with Frost? The seem to get along rather well.
      -Chammel (as it was spelled on the broadcast) is soft & should never be mentioned in the same breath as Pankowski. Pannek is the better player on the Gophs.
      -Gophs should consider winning a puck battle instead of going into flop mode. Core strength?
      -Make sure the propane is filled on the Zam for next year...
      -Very busy weekend to host event. When you can't even get in Applebees...you know its busy!
      -Larry...you need a second hobby or interest! 2600 posts about Girl's hockey is just not right.

Comment

Originally posted by Tool Shed View Post
        2600 posts about Girl's hockey is just not right.
        No doubt...but it would be nice if someone could let me know what would be "right."
        At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Takes from the weekend:
          -What happened to the fan base/crowds at Ridder & Mariucci? Wisco traveled well & were very loud. 1/2 full?
          -Is Ludwig have a relationship with Frost? The seem to get along rather well.
          -Chammel (as it was spelled on the broadcast) is soft & should never be mentioned in the same breath as Pankowski. Pannek is the better player on the Gophs.
          -Gophs should consider winning a puck battle instead of going into flop mode. Core strength?
          -Make sure the propane is filled on the Zam for next year...
          -Very busy weekend to host event. When you can't even get in Applebees...you know its busy!
          -Larry...you need a second hobby or interest! 2600 posts about Girl's hockey is just not right.
          blah, blah, blah, blah, blah.......

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
            No doubt...but it would be nice if someone could let me know what would be "right."
            Aha, I've been waiting for a post just like this. As Arm once wisely wrote, "context is crucial." If you're referring to the number of posts over the past 14 years, 2600 would be about "right." The number of posts for just this season, 2600 might be a bit excessive.
            Last edited by bluffrinkrat; 03-12-2019, 01:02 PM.
            "Everything that rises must converge." Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

Comment

This could be the worst call I have seen this year & Eeyore thinks he can justify it???? Wow
              Well, justify it in the sense of explaining why it was made, while still thinking it was a marginal call that shouldn't have been made. On the other hand, if you have the video, fast forward from there to about the 4 1/2 minute mark of the second period to see an absolutely brutal non-call as A. Potomak is bringing the puck into the zone on the other wing. The real answer is that Ludwig and Kaehler are terrible at their job, and any idiot with a selective memory is going to think that they're biased against his team, when it's really just incompetence that tends to even out over 60 minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by bluffrinkrat View Post
                Aha, I've been waiting for a post just like this. As Arm once wisely wrote, "context is crucial." If your referring to the number of posts over the past 14 years, 2600 would be about "right." The number of posts for just this season, 2600 might be a bit excessive.
                Are you saying Ralph should NOT be my hero?
                "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
                  Building or person?
                  Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

The RPI guy has roughly triple your post count on profile page views alone...

Comment

From Gopher Sports today:

Gophers to Host Princeton in NCAA Quarterfinal
                      https://gophersports.com/news/2019/3...rterfinal.aspx

About the Series: Gophers vs. Tigers
                      Minnesota owns a 9-0-1 all-time record against Princeton in 10 meetings dating back to November 1997. The Gophers have won seven-straight games over the Tigers. Most recently, Minnesota and Princeton met in the 2016 NCAA quarterfinal round with the Gophers posting a 6-2 win. This weekend's meeting is the third time the teams have met in the NCAA quarterfinal round (2016 and 2006). In games at Ridder Arena, the Gophers are 4-0-0 against the Tigers.

While "Past Performance Does Not Guarantee Future Results" I like our chances.

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                        While "Past Performance Does Not Guarantee Future Results" I like our chances.
                        I take it you are not buying the hype from sconnie shlubs that Princeton was a better opponent than Minnesota for their squad of choice?

Comment

Nader a hero? Sure, why not. He gave a speech at Mankato State when I was there in '69. Interesting guy and he wrote an important book, but I wouldn't vote for him. Or perhaps you meant Emerson? Sure again, I guess. Not Golding's Ralph though, that would just be creepy. None of the above?

Comment

Originally posted by bluffrinkrat View Post
                            None of the above?
                            Maybe this?

Ralph

Comment

Originally posted by Still Eeyore View Post
                              Well, justify it in the sense of explaining why it was made, while still thinking it was a marginal call that shouldn't have been made. On the other hand, if you have the video, fast forward from there to about the 4 1/2 minute mark of the second period to see an absolutely brutal non-call as A. Potomak is bringing the puck into the zone on the other wing. The real answer is that Ludwig and Kaehler are terrible at their job, and any idiot with a selective memory is going to think that they're biased against his team, when it's really just incompetence that tends to even out over 60 minutes.
                              I agree with all of this. Incompetence that evens out with a dash of what I perceive as indifference on Ludwig's part.

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
                                I take it you are not buying the hype from sconnie shlubs that Princeton was a better opponent than Minnesota for their squad of choice?
                                No, that was a loooooong time ago and...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Edwsf-8F3sI

Comment

Working...
                                X