X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesota Gophers 2018-2019

Originally posted by ARM View Post
    The Orange were here for one of those season-opening showcase thingies in the fall of 2011. They did okay on the scoreboard; it was only 4-0, but shots were 50-10. I spoke to Paul Flanagan after that game, and he was kind of like, "Wow." You could tell then that if Minnesota stayed healthy, it was going to be a dangerous team. Brian McCloskey and UNH were here in November of that year, and he had a similar reaction after the Wildcats got thumped.

This year, we have that type of team that is very tough for an opponent that hasn't seem them before.

We saw SCSU five times, because we played them in the Minnesota Cup.
    How could I have possibly forgotten the exciting East/West Showcase against Union and Syracuse. At least I got to read about one of my favorite players Jen Schoulis who was on the cover of the Minnesota hockey program that weekend. I do remember we did not come early to watch the St Cloud tilts against the two East schools.

Yes indeed, five times this year with St Cloud. If it wasn't for the delicious walleye fingers and craft beer at RJ's American Grill I'm not sure we would go up there every year for the games. Well, yeah, we would.
    Last edited by bluffrinkrat; 03-11-2019, 09:21 PM. Reason: We still call it RJ Anderson's, a holdover from Gopher men's hockey.
    "Everything that rises must converge." Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

Comment

If before the season, you had said the Gophers could host a quarterfinal and Wisconsin, Clarkson, and BC would be on the other half of the bracket, I'd have taken that in a heartbeat.
      "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
      And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

If before the season, you had said the Gophers could host a quarterfinal and Wisconsin, Clarkson, and BC would be on the other half of the bracket, I'd have taken that in a heartbeat.
        Evidently, Minnesota should be scared you know what of Princeton.

On the other hand, I wonder if the fear has sunk in for Clarkson now that they know they have a match-up with bc?
        At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Yeah, no kidding! Just out of curiosity, which teams would have been in the other half of the bracket if the Gophers had prevailed over Wisconsin today, with all other results remaining the same?
          Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

• Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
            Evidently, Minnesota should be scared you know what of Princeton.

On the other hand, I wonder if the fear has sunk in for Clarkson now that they know they have a match-up with bc?
            I'm not sure either MN or Clarkson is afraid of their respective opponents. Princeton ended their season going downhill so they have a tough challenge ahead when they face the Gophers on the Gophers' home ice. BC did finish their season strong and definitely better than they played most of the season so consistency and a coach who loses her mind will be their toughest challenge when they play at Clarkson.
            Last edited by shelfit; 03-10-2019, 10:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
              Yeah, no kidding! Just out of curiosity, which teams would have been in the other half of the bracket if the Gophers had prevailed over Wisconsin today, with all other results remaining the same?
              I'm guessing everything else would have stayed the same and Wisconsin and Minnesota would have switched places.

Comment

yes, it would have been nice for them to earn another banner, but IMO, a WCHA regular season title is more highly desired than a WCHA Tournament title, the former requiring 24 games over many months

although history has shown the tournament title to be a better predictor of how the NCAA will go, although recently that is not the case

while 2 extra games against St. Cloud and an exhibition 1st round may pad statistics, Princeton will be a much more interesting game, and should they survive it, a better preparation for the next game

Comment

Yes, they have the same number of points. Pankowski had five goals and an assist versus SCSU last weekend. Meanwhile, Bye did a great job against Schammel, shutting her down entirely -- not a single point! As for this weekend, Pankowski had two goals, one an EN. Schammel had two goals, one an EN, plus an assist. The folks in Madison love Annie, I get that, but it isn't like it is ludicrous to think that Schammel is on the same level.
                  lol

Comment

Originally posted by pokechecker View Post
                    although history has shown the tournament title to be a better predictor of how the NCAA will go, although recently that is not the case
                    From 2003-13, the WCHA tourney was an absolute predictor of how the NCAAs would go, but not since then. Maybe we should start inviting Clarkson to take UND's place in the WCHA playoffs. It would give the Gophers another opportunity to be haunted by green.

Comment

Badgers got lucky that #13 only got 2 minutes for this play. Looks like a 5 or 10 minute misconduct to me!

https://youtu.be/QEZCaS7lT8U

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyThumper View Post
                        Badgers got lucky that #13 only got 2 minutes for this play. Looks like a 5 or 10 minute misconduct to me!

You should probably see if you could post this in some other threads to boost your post count.

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
                          You should probably see if you could post this in some other threads to boost your post count.
                          No hard feelings, thought it was a funny play. No chance I post 2600 times, I don't think that highly of myself.

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
                            No hard feelings, thought it was a funny play. No chance I post 2600 times, I don't think that highly of myself.

Comment

I don't think that highly of myself
                              Don't sell yourself short...Your pretty good at double posts which would help you in your quest.

Comment

Hey, is it me or have I seen this post somewhere else? Hmmmm I disagree, she should have got a double minor for inference and roughing and then 10 for play unbecoming of a lady hockey player.
                                Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                                ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                                ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                                "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                                Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Working...
                                X