X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesota Gophers 2018-2019

Originally posted by ARM View Post
    On the plus side, Kelly Pannek was very good today. While part of me wonders where she was at other points of the season, I'm glad that she showed up today.
    If she had a better game this season I can't recall which one. Not only did she figure in all of the Gopher goals that were not scored into an empty net, with the winning goal and two assists, she saved what looked to be a sure goal at the end when she was able to deflect the puck away from going into an otherwise empty net.

If they awarded 3 Stars after the game my vote would go to:

1. Kelly Pannek
    2. Sarah Fillier
    3. Potomak sisters
    Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Unfort didn't catch the game this weekend.

On paper, Cornell isn't of the caliber on paper. But we know that paper is more than capable of wounding you. Often games can go either way...but in my mind the gopher women have more than enough talent to get this done. It seemed like they just didn't believe it last week with Wisconsin. My evidence? The fact that they could take control once the motivation came in the second. We'll see.

Originally posted by D2D View Post
      1. Kelly Pannek
      2. Sarah Fillier
      3. Potomak sisters
      Good to see. I've felt Pannek hasn't been quite what I would have expected this year.
      Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by bluffrinkrat View Post
        There were more referees back then and they all needed "instructions," especially Doocy, Storey, Mendel and the Shepherds and mostly from "she who will not be named."
        I heard the Princeton coach yakking all game, some of it may have been to her players players, but it did kind of make me reminisce about the old days and the coach who shan't be mentioned
        I *almost* felt sorry for the Princeton Alternate captain who was talking to one of the officials between periods, the ref of course simply shook his head from side to side, poor girl, she is new to WCHA officiating ...

Comment

Note that the referee did come out early in the third and call a penalty on a play that they'd been letting go all game, so can't say that the officials are impervious to the power of suggestion.
          "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
          And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

• Originally posted by bluffrinkrat View Post
            Nice story about an amazing Gopher hockey player, Taylor Williamson.

https://www.twincities.com/2019/03/1...s-hockey-team/
            Have heard that she is an even better person than hockey player.
            Pass the puck

Comment

“You want to coach at a place where expectations are high, and you want to coach at a place where players are really, really talented, where you have the opportunity to compete for national championships.’’

-- Brad Frost, Gophers women’s coach, whose team is in the NCAA Frozen Four for the ninth time in the past 11 years.

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                “You want to coach at a place where expectations are high, and you want to coach at a place where players are really, really talented, where you have the opportunity to compete for national championships.’’

-- Brad Frost, Gophers women’s coach, whose team is in the NCAA Frozen Four for the ninth time in the past 11 years.
                He's leaving UM for UW?!?! Wow.
                Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                  It would make more sense to leave for Clarkson...If he really wanted to fill those prerequisites.
                  At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                    I can see where you would make that conclusion, given he didn't say "... where you have the opportunity to win national championships." But if you think back through the thinner-induced haze, even the Badgers used to win championships long, long ago. There's still hope for you guys.

Comment

Nice article on former Gopher netminder Amanda Leveille.

https://www.thewhig.com/sports/local...y-championship

Comment

A glimpse for those of us not there:
                        https://gophersports.com/news/2019/3...ozen-four.aspx

Comment

Amy and Sarah Potomak reunite, helping Gophers reach Frozen Four
                          http://www.startribune.com/sarah-and..._mid=254072265

Cute line from the writer, Rachel Blount:
                          "Gophers coach Brad Frost said his team will be counting on that trio at the Frozen Four. In last weekend’s 5-2 victory over Princeton in the NCAA quarterfinals, the line combined for four goals and five assists, with Pannek potting the winner."

Comment

I'm not asking for much but whoever is in goal for the Gophers this afternoon...Could you please make the first save and take it from there? And oh yeah, Grace Zumwinkle...Could you shoot the puck as your first option when given the opportunity?

Thank you from a concerned fan.
                            At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Well, I'm here, after getting to the airport at 4:30 am, and then walking up that fanned hill to get from my motel to the rink.

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
                                I'm not asking for much but whoever is in goal for the Gophers this afternoon...Could you please make the first save
                                Funny you should say this. I've had an impression for days that there is going to be one or more very early goals...possibly in each game today and on Sunday.

Comment

Working...
                                X