X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesota Gophers 2018-2019

Originally posted by ARM View Post
    In other news, Eeyore is sounding positive. This can't be good ...
    In other words, he's no longer Still Eeyore? The "original" and I ran into each other on the concourse a few times yesterday and shared thoughts, and our observations (especially on the outstanding play by our D) were aligned. We'll obviously need that to continue today.
    Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

However as a fan, for the last game that I'm going to watch in person this season, I think that Princeton at Minnesota would be a great game to watch. Both teams want to skate and get up and down the ice, so stylistically, it should make for great hockey. For Tigers such as Wallin, Keopple, Bullock, and Lund, it would be nice to play an NCAA game so close to their homes, so I imagine they will have a good number of fans in attendance. Selfishly, Princeton is a team that I've wanted to watch all year.

It's too bad Princeton had to play without their leading goal scorer Maggie Connors. Never found out why she was a scratch at game time. She and Fillier were great together. I'm not sure Cornell would have won that game with her in the lineup but we will never know. I think they will give either Wisco or Minny a heck of a game next week.
      Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
      And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
      WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
      If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

Selfishly, Princeton is a team that I've wanted to watch all year.
        And selfishly I'd rather see Syracuse, since I don't remember if we've ever seen the Gopher's play them. I do remember the 6-2 Gopher win over Princeton in 2016. Maybe I just like to see different uniforms at Ridder once in awhile. Another reason I'm very happy the Gophers had the bye and didn't have to play St Cloud again, seeing them 4 times was enough. Didn't like OSU's black uniforms, though.
        Last edited by bluffrinkrat; 03-10-2019, 11:54 AM.
        "Everything that rises must converge." Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

Comment

Originally posted by vicb View Post
          I think they will give either Wisco or Minny a heck of a game next week.
          I agree. With Neatby, Princeton is better in net than either. The WCHA teams' advantage is of course depth. Look at the +/- for Princeton forwards after the top line, and it looks like that top line must win the game. By comparison, all but one of the 18 Gophers skaters who play regularly are plus double-digits but one, and she's +9. Before the season, I would never have guessed who it would be.
          "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
          And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Playing for a banner and playing well today are foremost but...Count me in as a fan who would prefer to see a quarterfinal match up with Princeton rather than Syracuse.

I takes a lot to make Still Eeyore positive so consider the ramifications of the level of play seen to cause this...
            At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Originally posted by bluffrinkrat View Post
              And selfishly I'd rather see Syracuse, since I don't remember if we've ever seen the Gopher's play them.
              The Orange were here for one of those season-opening showcase thingies in the fall of 2011. They did okay on the scoreboard; it was only 4-0, but shots were 50-10. I spoke to Paul Flanagan after that game, and he was kind of like, "Wow." You could tell then that if Minnesota stayed healthy, it was going to be a dangerous team. Brian McCloskey and UNH were here in November of that year, and he had a similar reaction after the Wildcats got thumped.

This year, we have that type of team that is very tough for an opponent that hasn't seem them before.

Originally posted by bluffrinkrat View Post
              Another reason I'm very happy the Gophers had the bye and didn't have to play St Cloud again, seeing them 4 times was enough.
              We saw SCSU five times, because we played them in the Minnesota Cup.

Comment

• Originally posted by ARM View Post
                In other news, Eeyore is sounding positive. This can't be good ...
                I never claimed it would continue.

Comment

I apologize beforehand here being late to respond but what the hell?????? How in the world is Schammel not the player of the year in WCHA, what a joke.

Comment

Originally posted by Milty View Post
                    I apologize beforehand here being late to respond but what the hell?????? How in the world is Schammel not the player of the year in WCHA, what a joke.
                    Great player, but are you even serious with this quote! Take a look at this years stats for both Schammel and Pankowski, very similar but Pankowski scored 8 more goals, 9 including today, and to add tournament MVP today.

Comment

Originally posted by Connaught Point View Post
                      Great player, but are you even serious with this quote! Take a look at this years stats for both Schammel and Pankowski, very similar but Pankowski scored 8 more goals, 9 including today, and to add tournament MVP today.
                      Shammel was invisible this game. But if you know much this topic, you'd know she's been among the top players in the country all year. It appears that Milty hasn't seen much hockey relevant to that comment.
                      Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
                        Playing for a banner and playing well today are foremost but...Count me in as a fan who would prefer to see a quarterfinal match up with Princeton rather than Syracuse.
                        That's rather sporting of you to want to see a quality matchup next weekend. If I compare how Princeton played early in the year at WI to how I saw UM play today, Princeton is the better team. I was fearful of playing them a 3rd time; reminded me of when UW swept Clarkson at Clarkson in some tight games a few years ago then lost in the big game.
                        Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                        Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                        Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                        "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                        Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
                          Shammel was invisible this game. But if you know much this topic, you'd know she's been among the top players in the country all year. It appears that Milty hasn't seen much hockey relevant to that comment.
                          If you notice, I said she is a great player and if you know anything you would also notice Pankowski is also among if not the top player in the country!

Comment

2016: Gophers fall to Wisconsin in WCHA Championship Game, then host Princeton in the NCAA quarters en route to the championship.

2019: History repeating itself?
                            Give blood... Play Gopher Hockey!
                            Men's National Championships: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002, 2003
                            Women's National Championships: 2000, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2013, 2015, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by Connaught Point View Post
                              Yes, they have the same number of points. Pankowski had five goals and an assist versus SCSU last weekend. Meanwhile, Bye did a great job against Schammel, shutting her down entirely -- not a single point! As for this weekend, Pankowski had two goals, one an EN. Schammel had two goals, one an EN, plus an assist. The folks in Madison love Annie, I get that, but it isn't like it is ludicrous to think that Schammel is on the same level.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                                That's rather sporting of you to want to see a quality matchup next weekend. If I compare how Princeton played early in the year at WI to how I saw UM play today, Princeton is the better team. I was fearful of playing them a 3rd time; reminded me of when UW swept Clarkson at Clarkson in some tight games a few years ago then lost in the big game.
                                You talking about teams you have only seen at LaBombshelter is funny.
                                At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Working...
                                X