X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesota Gophers 2018-2019

Originally posted by bluffrinkrat View Post
    That's for sure. No team that I know of ever had more pressure on them as a season wore on or handled it better than they did. Well, maybe the Dophins, but then they played 27 fewer games in their undefeated season than the Gophers did. Okay, maybe they're not comparable.
    As someone who watched both the 1972 Dolphins and the 2013 Gophers, I have to say that as good as the Gophers were, they did not have an answer for Csonka and Kiick.

Comment

Originally posted by Leather helmet View Post
      As someone who watched both the 1972 Dolphins and the 2013 Gophers, I have to say that as good as the Gophers were, they did not have an answer for Csonka and Kiick.
      The Vikings sure didn't in '74 at least not for the big guy. They stopped Kiick and Mercury Morris fairly well. I can still see poor Paul Krause hanging onto Csonka for dear life. I wonder how Csonka would be on skates?
      Last edited by bluffrinkrat; 01-13-2019, 11:34 PM. Reason: Jeff Siemon gave it his all though. Just wasn't enough.
      "Everything that rises must converge." Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

Comment

They are going to play the Badgers this weekend and you guys are talking about the ViQueens?

Who would have ever thunk Mercury Morris would be mentioned in a women’s college hockey forum?
        So just for you guys, this link to a clip of the film starring Mercury Morris and none other than our own Carl Eller. (Carl orders a Hamm’s beer)
        Promoted as: "Six times tougher than Shaft! Six times rougher than Superfly!" A black biker film in the Easy Rider tradition.
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IgVYinjypT8

the entire film is on YouBoob, for those of you who just didn't get enough

Comment

Originally posted by pokechecker View Post
          They are going to play the Badgers this weekend and you guys are talking about the ViQueens?
          They all know resistance to the RED menace is futile, so they are trying to keep their minds off the impending doom. I'd be doing the same if I were one of your type, it only makes sense. You, on the other hand, are not normal (but in a good way), so your reaction to the impending doom is not typical.
          Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
          Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
          "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
          Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

What I got out of that ...
            Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
            They all know ... the RED menace is futile, so they are trying to keep their minds... I'd be doing the same if I were ... normal.
            The current Gopher freshmen were in 5th grade the last time the Badgers won a title. None of 5th-year-senior Kelly Pannek's teammates from her UM career played against that Wisconsin team. Like the White Walkers, people tend to forget things that they haven't seen in a long time.
            "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
            And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
              The current Gopher freshmen were in 5th grade the last time the Badgers won a title.
              Ahhh, yeah...

https://media.giphy.com/media/ydUA53tdnoo7u/giphy.gif
              At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

They all know resistance to the RED menace is futile, so they are trying to keep their minds off the impending doom. I'd be doing the same if I were one of your type, it only makes sense. You, on the other hand, are not normal (but in a good way), so your reaction to the impending doom is not typical.
                OK, but we really want to know is if you are going to be a wimp and stay home this weekend. Seats are available, the weather should be sunny,

Comment

Originally posted by pokechecker View Post
                  OK, but we really want to know is if you are going to be a wimp and stay home this weekend. Seats are available, the weather should be sunny,
                  I have a bunch of Church meetings this weekend, so even entertaining the thought of going to the road series was not going to happen. There is always next year.
                  Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                  Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                  Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                  "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                  Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Here is an article on early recruiting, which some of you may have already seen, but I just came across...Some interesting quotes from Frost and Rhonda Engelhardt

https://www.twincities.com/2018/12/2...hard-to-watch/
                    At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

I have a bunch of Church meetings this weekend, so even entertaining the thought of going to the road series was not going to happen. There is always next year.
                      that's probably a good idea, showing up to give them support probably isn't as likely to give them as big a boost compared to spending the weekend asking for divine intervention

maybe you could say a few prayers to keep the wind down in Mpls, it's going to be single digits when Friday's game is over, and probably not much better for Saturday

Comment

Olympic gold medalist Kelly Pannek has unfinished business with Gophers women's hockey team

http://www.startribune.com/olympic-g...eam/504519602/
                        Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

New LED lighting in Ridder. Now we can see what we've been missing all these years.
                          "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                          And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Well game 1 was ugly. Badgers owned the Gophers! Poor passing, pucks that can't stay on sticks for more than 2 seconds. This team needs to re-group for tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
                              New LED lighting in Ridder. Now we can see what we've been missing all these years.
                              The LED showed way too much RED tonight. Hopefully, there will be more GOLD tomorrow.
                              Last edited by bluffrinkrat; 01-18-2019, 10:18 PM. Reason: It never hurts to throw the puck on net Gophers.
                              "Everything that rises must converge." Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeyhub View Post
                                Well game 1 was ugly. Badgers owned the Gophers! Poor passing, pucks that can't stay on sticks for more than 2 seconds.
                                Wisconsin had everything to do with that. They played amazing, giving the Gophers very little time to make any kind of a play all night long. The pace of the game was about as fast as I've seen all year, and unfortunately it was the Badgers who were the ones doing the dictating for most of the game. The final score was closer to what was transpiring on the ice.

We'll see if the Gophers can regroup and be the team that's setting the pace in tomorrow's rematch.
                                Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Working...
                                X