X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesota Gophers 2018-2019

Originally posted by ARM View Post
    Thanks to the senior class for all that you've given us, and best of luck for wherever your lives take you from here.
    Definitely. Though I'm sure having all of those walk-ons caused all sorts of problems in the locker room.

Comment

Wanted to stop by and congratulate my Minnesota friends on a great season. I know yesterday didn't go your way, but it was still a great season! Hope my Buckeyes are able to get to that level someday.

Comment

Well a good season, but not great. Next year's another year. I won't miss UW's upperclassmen - 9 of their top 11 scorers were upperclassmen this year.
        Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by osualum86 View Post
          I know yesterday didn't go your way, but it was still a great season! Hope my Buckeyes are able to get to that level someday.
          You're as loyal a fan as any program could hope to have. Your Buckeyes came very close last year. Next year might be tough, because we'll all have to look out for UMD. The Bulldogs don't graduate anyone who played. Whatever team emerges from the WCHA battles will be ready for anything once it gets to the national tournament.

Thanks and have a great summer!
          "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
          And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
            Well a good season, but not great. Next year's another year. I won't miss UW's upperclassmen - 9 of their top 11 scorers were upperclassmen this year.
            Curious, as I haven't looked, but how many of those top 11 Badger scorers were Seniors?
            Meanwhile the Gophers, with just two new skaters (one D and one F) coming in next season, would seem to be pinning their hopes more on improvement of their existing players, rather than an influx of new incoming talent...which seems to be postponed until 2020-21.
            Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
              Curious, as I haven't looked, but how many of those top 11 Badger scorers were Seniors?
              Meanwhile the Gophers, with just two new skaters (one D and one F) coming in next season, would seem to be pinning their hopes more on improvement of their existing players, rather than an influx of new incoming talent...which seems to be postponed until 2020-21.
              Six Badgers are graduating - Pankowski, Clark, Cogan, Shaver, Rolfes and Gardner. Four forwards and two D. All year they have had a 'seventh' defender, Maddie Rowe, so they should be OK in the back. Forward is more of an issue (and others can tell you about incoming freshmen much better than I).

I did the math this morning, and UW is graduating about 39% of their goals scored; Gophers are graduating about 34%.

Comment

Yeah. Five of the top 11 scorers are seniors with another solid player in Gardner. Of those eleven, another four are juniors plus goalie Campbell. We'll see if that takes any wind out of their sales, but as w/ MN they seem to be effectively reloading.
                Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
                  Yeah. Five of the top 11 scorers are seniors with another solid player in Gardner. Of those eleven, another four are juniors plus goalie Campbell. We'll see if that takes any wind out of their sales, but as w/ MN they seem to be effectively reloading.
                  I find it interesting that every award and every post is about goals and forwards. Patty Kaz is about scoring and zero about intangibles, IQ, defense, back check, team play etc. Everybody wants to know about replacing scoring. Every kid on Minnesota and Wisconsin has worn a hockey Canada or USA hockey sweater. Wisconsin gave up zero goals in 3 games. It was not about great goaltending. Cambell is an absolute stud, but the D core in front of her were very good and it was a terrific d core/goalie performance. Wisconsin has the best defensemen/goalie combination along with recruits in the nation next year. If teams want to close the gap I suggest they start with those two area's. Along with forwards that want to move the puck and play team hockey. Wisco, has stumbled in the past but as for this year and returning players they look deep end to end and unselfish. I look forward to next year, I think again the title is up for grabs for many teams, Wisconsin has shown over the last 3 years that rankings don't mean anything, finishing the job is very difficult.
                  Last edited by HockeyThumper; 03-26-2019, 07:39 PM.

Comment

Wisconsin returns 9 of their top 14 scorers. As with everyone else, as graduation comes girls roles will increase. Time will tell which young teams girls will step up.

Comment

Only two coming in and a goalie. I have heard from Maverick buddies that Gophs will most likely be getting their fastest Forward and Fastest D in the Fall. Not sure how that plays into things but sure can't hurt to add speed.

Comment

Originally posted by Fiveholio View Post
                        Only two coming in and a goalie. I have heard from Maverick buddies that Gophs will most likely be getting their fastest Forward and Fastest D in the Fall. Not sure how that plays into things but sure can't hurt to add speed.
                        I certainly have no way of knowing if this is true, but WCHA rules would require a transfer from the Mavericks to sit out a year like Schammel did. More likely, if a transfer happens, it would be from out east.
                        At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Working...
                        X