X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesota Gophers 2018-2019

Originally posted by D2D View Post
    I was going to comment likewise. Strictly from a Gopher perspective, the "nominees" might include Schleper, Bozek, Ramsey, McMillen and Stecklein. Which of these (plus others from other teams) should have made the list in your opinion?
    If I was going to pick five WCHA D that stand out to me, I'd probably go with Bozek, Bonhomme, MacCleod, Slusar, and Stecklein. It's hard, because some were better offensively, but I've also thought that D should also be very good and consistent at defending.
    "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
    And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
      I was going to comment likewise. Strictly from a Gopher perspective, the "nominees" might include Schleper, Bozek, Ramsey, McMillen and Stecklein. Which of these (plus others from other teams) should have made the list in your opinion?
      this list is similar to the the little paper's list of greatest MN women hockey players, or any such list for that matter
      I did not vote for the simple reason I wanted no part of what surely was going to be a failure
      it's hard to argue that any selected do not belong, but there are so many more that deserve to be

Comment

I'm glad I attended the game Saturday or I would have thought from the comments here that they had lost the game.

correct me if I am wrong, didn't the win come from Amy P motoring around the D and getting a good shot on goal and Wente putting in the loose puck? seems to me the line shuffling worked
        Last edited by pokechecker; 02-19-2019, 11:05 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by pokechecker View Post
          I'm glad I attended the game Saturday or I would have thought from the comments here that they had lost the game.

correct me if I am wrong, didn't the win come from Amy P motoring around the D and getting a good shot on goal and Wente putting in the loose puck? seems to me the line shuffling worked
          Yes you are correct, AP blew right by a Minnesota State D! Doesn’t take much to be WCHA player of the week I guess!

Comment

Originally posted by pokechecker View Post
            At that point, MSU was dead on their skates and had been for almost 20 minutes of game time. Scoring a goal against a team that was that overmatched isn't an indication that the line changes improved the Gophers' chances of winning.

Comment

• Sorry this is totally off topic but why is goalie Serena D’Angelo leaving? Was it injury related? Best wishes to her.

Comment

Originally posted by Sieve1 View Post
                Sorry this is totally off topic but why is goalie Serena D’Angelo leaving? Was it injury related? Best wishes to her.
                I have no inside knowledge, nor have I seen anything made public on it. But I'll take a guess that it has to do with playing time, or the lack thereof, which would continue in what would be her senior season. Both of the starting goalies (Gulstene and Scobee) will be back, and they are bringing in a touted freshman tender, Makayla Pahl, who could also see some playing time in 2019-20.

Again, just a guess, or call it a strong hunch.
                Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

• Originally posted by D2D View Post
                  I have no inside knowledge, nor have I seen anything made public on it. But I'll take a guess that it has to do with playing time, or the lack thereof, which would continue in what would be her senior season. Both of the starting goalies (Gulstene and Scobee) will be back, and they are bringing in a touted freshman tender, Makayla Pahl, who could also see some playing time in 2019-20.

Again, just a guess, or call it a strong hunch.
                  I would say you are on point with your strong hunch.

Comment

Originally posted by Still Eeyore View Post
                    At that point, MSU was dead on their skates and had been for almost 20 minutes of game time. Scoring a goal against a team that was that overmatched isn't an indication that the line changes improved the Gophers' chances of winning.
                    but, ... but, during that 20 minutes there were line changes

never would have guessed you would disagree with me

Comment

• Originally posted by Still Eeyore View Post
                      I've had some issues with the coaching the last couple of years, especially players, mostly defensemen, who don't seem to be any better as upperclassmen than they were as freshmen. .
                      The girls that come into UM are really good. There is not that much room to grow. These girls come in playing so much hockey year round and have their personal coaches from the age of 7.
                      Pass the puck

Comment

Sorry this is totally off topic but why is goalie Serena D’Angelo leaving? Was it injury related? Best wishes to her.
                        I haven't seen anything that says she's leaving, but if so,I'll disagree with D2D and speculate that it's injury related. I've heard that her hip has been giving her serious problems for the past two years.

Comment

Originally posted by Still Eeyore View Post
                          I haven't seen anything that says she's leaving, but if so,I'll disagree with D2D and speculate that it's injury related. I've heard that her hip has been giving her serious problems for the past two years.
                          I hadn't heard that she was having hip problems. If she doesn't resurface anywhere else and her hockey playing days are over, then that could very well be it.
                          I wonder what her academic situation is? Staying at the U, even if on partial scholarship only, would at least allow her to finish her studies and get the degree she was seeking.
                          Again, just speculating. I'm sure she has her own good reasons, and all the best to her.
                          Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

FWIW, she's still listed on the roster. I don't remember her dressing this season except in the exhibition versus British Columbia, even when Scobee was injured and not dressed, so that suggests that she hasn't been available.

Comment

Arm - what is your view on SP’s sub par year so far. Her low point total is hard to come to grips with. She is still one of the most talented players on the ice but it’s just not happening for her. Has she been playing with an injury? She is one of my favorites and was hoping to see her at the top of the scoring race.

Comment

Originally posted by Puckdrop14 View Post
                                Arm - what is your view on SP’s sub par year so far. Her low point total is hard to come to grips with. She is still one of the most talented players on the ice but it’s just not happening for her. Has she been playing with an injury? She is one of my favorites and was hoping to see her at the top of the scoring race.
                                She missed (six?) games due to injury. How much that hampered her directly beyond those games I don't know. It seems to have contributed to some drop in confidence if nothing else.

There has also been a KP factor. In the past, SP and KP clicked together. This year, for whatever reason, it didn't seem to be the same. There has kind of been a trend of anyone that has been on Pannek's line has at some point gone into a slump. Heise, Skaja, Oden, AP. Woken and Williamson did well with Pannek at first, but now that trio has gone cold.

If SP could get comfortable with her sister and Heise, I could see that being a dynamic line, but then, many of the line combinations that we've seen haven't turned out like we expected. If they would catch fire, then it would be less important whether or not Pannek's line was scoring.

Comment

Working...
                                X