This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesota Gophers 2018-2019

Still scoreless at the end of two, and shots are still deadlocked at 16-16. Both teams are trying very hard and (mostly) making good passes, but each team's D is doing a good job limiting prime scoring chances. Very fast pace and a fun game to watch.
    Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Sarah Potomak is not in the lineup today, though both Wente and Keller are back.

Comment

Big win for the Gophers today and .172 on the season's pp is heading in the right direction!!
        Last edited by bluffrinkrat; 10-27-2018, 04:09 PM. Reason: Time for a beer!
        "Everything that rises must converge." Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

Comment

Emily Brown scores the only goal of the game on the power play to win it for the Gophers. Final shots were 27-23 Badgers.

Comment

I'd live longer if the Gophers wouldn't spend so much time trapped in their zone.

Comment

Hannah Brandt, Olympic gold medalist, to practice with Minnesota Wild
              https://olympics.nbcsports.com/2018/...wild-practice/

Olympic Gold Medalist Hannah Brandt Stays True To The State Of Hockey, Playing For Minnesota’s First NWHL Team
              https://www.teamusa.org/News/2018/Oc...irst-NWHL-Team

Comment

Maybe from an alternate universe where SP is still the Gopher goaltender but the USCHO women's scoreboard shows WisconSIN beating the Gophers 9-2.
                At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

I missed the pre game; did Dan have any additional info regarding the status of #26?
                  "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                  And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Originally posted by Still Eeyore View Post
                    I'd live longer if the Gophers wouldn't spend so much time trapped in their zone.
                    I'd live longer if the Badgers did spend so much time trapped in their zone. I'd say UM did it more to UW than UW did to UM.
                    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Beware of Badgers who lose game 1 in their home den, last time we did that to them they came back like rabid rats and whooped us 8-2 in the second game. It wasn’t pretty, plus they knocked out Dani Cameranesi for months. Should be a great game today, less stress would be nice, I have to drive home. At least it isn’t snowing!

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
                        I missed the pre game; did Dan have any additional info regarding the status of #26?
                        out this week for sure & probably next also. "Lower body" "If she is healthy she will play in the 4 Nations, if not she may skip it. I trust her and our medical staff to know if she is good to go for 4 nations or needs more time to heal"
                        Last edited by ne7minder; 10-28-2018, 10:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Still Eeyore View Post
                          Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                          I'd live longer if the Badgers did spend so much time trapped in their zone. I'd say UM did it more to UW than UW did to UM.
                          Must have been a great game if you two both thought your side was doing poorly!

It seemed to me that the crowd was the quietest I have ever heard for a M/W game. It seemed the loudest noises were for the alleged calls/non-calls but it was oddly calm most of the time.
                          Last edited by ne7minder; 10-28-2018, 10:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
                            Maybe from an alternate universe where SP is still the Gopher goaltender but the USCHO women's scoreboard shows WisconSIN beating the Gophers 9-2.
                            They have been posting scores for games not yet played all season but drawing a big fat 0-fer on the year. Lets hope that streak continues

Comment

Originally posted by ne7minder View Post
                              Must have been a great game if you two both thought your side was doing poorly!

It seemed to me that the crowd was the quietest I have ever heard for a M/W game. It seemed the loudest noises were for the alleged calls/non-calls but it was oddly calm most of the time.
                              It was very quiet at times, very weird to say the least.
                              Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                              Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                              Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                              "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                              Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                                It was very quiet at times, very weird to say the least.
                                It probably didn't help the size of the crowd that puck-drop came about middle of the 3rd quarter of (a really ugly) Badger football game (albeit one on the road).

Comment

Working...
                                X