This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesota Gophers 2018-2019

Nice game for the Potomaks today with a goal and 5 assists which gives them 5 goals and 9 assists in the last 4 games.
    Last edited by bluffrinkrat; 02-22-2019, 05:26 PM. Reason: Math wasn't my strong suit.
    "Everything that rises must converge." Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

Comment

If Kelly Pannek had a better overall game this season I can't recall which one. The reunited "Pots and Pan" line was easily Minnesota's most dangerous - all three looked great and in sync.
      Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Definitely one of her better games. So much talent on this team it has made it seem like an off year for her.

Originally posted by D2D View Post
        If Kelly Pannek had a better overall game this season I can't recall which one. The reunited "Pots and Pan" line was easily Minnesota's most dangerous - all three looked great and in sync.

Comment

Hockey's a funny game. Despite being outscored until there was an empty net, the third was the best period the Gophers played today. There was a lot less standing around, and a lot less of trying to pass the puck right through an opposing player. And no one kicked the puck into their own net.

Comment

Originally posted by Still Eeyore View Post
            And no one kicked the puck into their own net.
            Indeed...The Gophers, sometimes this year, have been their own worst enemy.
            Last edited by FiveHoleFrenzy; 02-22-2019, 10:22 PM.
            At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

• Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
              Indded...The Gophers, sometimes this year, have been their own worst enemy.
              Frost really should have asked for a review of that goal, because I'm sure Marshall used a distinct kicking motion to put it in.

Comment

We're tied!

Comment

Frost really should have asked for a review of that goal, because I'm sure Marshall used a distinct kicking motion to put it in.
                  Don't think Marshall would have wanted her coach to ask for a review then or at any later date.

Comment

We're tied!
                    So a banner at both Ridder and LaBahn, maybe. The Gopher's and UMD I believe shared a WCHA title in 2010 when they had the same number of points or was there some kind of tie breaker rule. The same number of points, but the team with the most real wins and not shootout wins wins the title?
                    Last edited by bluffrinkrat; 02-22-2019, 10:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bluffrinkrat View Post
                      So a banner at both Ridder and LaBahn, maybe. The Gopher's and UMD I believe shared a WCHA title in 2010 when they had the same number of points or was there some kind of tie breaker rule. The same number of points, but the team with the most real wins and not shootout wins wins the title?
                      First tiebreaker is head-to-head record, which solves nothing in this case. Second tiebreaker is real conference wins, which also solves nothing. (Tomorrow's games might change that, but, if so, would eliminate the need for a tiebreaker.) Third tiebreaker is head-to-head goals, which Wisconsin takes by one thanks to the empty net goal at the end of the second game in Madison.

Comment

First tiebreaker is head-to-head record, which solves nothing in this case. Second tiebreaker is real conference wins, which also solves nothing. (Tomorrow's games might change that, but, if so, would eliminate the need for a tiebreaker.) Third tiebreaker is head-to-head goals, which Wisconsin takes by one thanks to the empty net goal at the end of the second game in Madison.
                        Thanks for the explanation. Is that different for the WCHA men? I thought the Gophers and St Cloud were co-champions in 2013 and each hung a banner?

Comment

That was my reading when I contemplated the possibility earlier this week. But it's nice to have a 'second opinion'.

And isn't that for the best? Assuming things end up that way, and there are no surprises next weekend, based on regular season results, wouldn't the Gophers prefer to see Ohio instead of Duluth and Wisconsin prefer to see Duluth instead of Ohio? :-)

Comment

Originally posted by bluffrinkrat View Post
                            Thanks for the explanation. Is that different for the WCHA men? I thought the Gophers and St Cloud were co-champions in 2013 and each hung a banner?
                            I believe that the tiebreaking procedure is just for the playoff seeding, and that they would be considered co-champions.

Comment

All the Gophers can do is to win tomorrow and add three more points, then go from wherever that takes them.

http://www.wcha.com/women/standings/index.php
                              Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

The Gophers were given a slightly better opportunity earlier by a Wisconsin flub up against the Beavers and crapped the bed against the Dogs. Given a second opportunity you would like to think they would take advantage of it.
                                At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Working...
                                X