X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: TV: Did you make Barry's List?

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    Doesn't CW do Riverdale and Sabrina? And All American?

The last is legitimately one of my favorite so bad it's good shows of all time.
    The CW has historically focused most of its lineup on teenager-targeted shows. Some of that has bled over to other demos due to things like being a comic book-based show, or the show gets great reviews and grows from there.
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
      The CW has historically focused most of its lineup on teenager-targeted shows. Some of that has bled over to other demos due to things like being a comic book-based show, or the show gets great reviews and grows from there.
      Basically, if it is trash, and too ****ty even for Fox or ABC...CW gets it.
      Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Yes nothing in tv has changed in the last five years, all good shows reside in one or two networks.

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
          Yes nothing in tv has changed in the last five years, all good shows reside in one or two networks.
          Truth.
          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
            No good TV is on a network channel. It is all trash on network. If you want to watch anything good, it is on HBO, Showtime, Netflix, Amazon Prime, Hulu, BBC, AMC...premium, pay networks and cable networks. If it is on ABC, CBS, NBC, FOX or any other garbage channel that is over the air, it is 99.9% pure garbage.
            Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
              No good TV is on a network channel. It is all trash on network. If you want to watch anything good, it is on HBO, Showtime, Netflix, Amazon Prime, Hulu, BBC, AMC...premium, pay networks and cable networks. If it is on ABC, CBS, NBC, FOX or any other garbage channel that is over the air, it is 99.9% pure garbage.
              I disagree. There are still good shows on Network TV. Gotham, Black List, How To Get Away With Murder for 3.
              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Valley of the Boom(Nat Geo). Since I missed/slept through/ignored the dot.com boom/bust I decided to check this out. They prefaced the first episode with this is a "mostly" true story but I found the first 2(there's 6)episodes kinda entertaining.
                A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                  I disagree. There are still good shows on Network TV. Gotham, Black List, How To Get Away With Murder for 3.
                  The good place

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                    When you include a show based on a comic book...your assertion that it is "good" carries absolutely no weight.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                      When you include a show based on a comic book...your assertion that it is "good" carries absolutely no weight.
                      Gotham has been fantastic.

Comment

Guys, you are engaging with the TV snob. He isnt going to agree with you. He wants his shows slow and meandering with lots of navel gazing and nothing happening week to week. Extra points if more than 1/3 of the show no one says anything they just stare at stuff. He also wants his shows to be watched by no one

Good or bad is in the eye of the beholder despite what the "Golden Age of TV" crowd says. Arguing with them is worthless because they will never in a million years agree with you. They are the Hipsters of the TV crowd only instead of boring us with 35 minute lectures about the Raspberry Infused Microbrew they overpaid for or why their Handlebar Mustache is cool ironically they tell us why their taste in TV is superior because...reasons

Best bet, just like with Hipsters, nod and smile and then when they are done laugh and watch whatever makes your day/night better. One man's trash...
                        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                          Gotham has been fantastic.
                          Especially this last season.
                          A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

For us non snobs I am very much looking forward to The Enemy Within. Looks like my kind of show. It's on NBC so it probably will suck for everyone but me, but that's ok cause I'm going to love it.

Comment

The last network drama I enjoyed was Hannibal. I loved Black List S1 but stopped S2 after one episode. The Following was ok but was cancelled, Broadchurch in the US didn't hold a candle to the BBC version. Most sitcoms bore me after 3-4 years. I go back to Survivor every 2-3 years. I like Shark Tank too.

btw if you can get it I highly recommend Berlin Station from Epix.

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                                The last network drama I enjoyed was Hannibal. I loved Black List S1 but stopped S2 after one episode. The Following was ok but was cancelled, Broadchurch in the US didn't hold a candle to the BBC version. Most sitcoms bore me after 3-4 years. I go back to Survivor every 2-3 years. I like Shark Tank too.

btw if you can get it I highly recommend Berlin Station from Epix.
                                There was a us version of broad church??? Yikes. That show was so perfect in its original version I can’t imagine how much of a let down the remake would be

Comment

Working...
                                X