X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: TV: Did you make Barry's List?

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
    Queen Of The South:

USA network show about a female drug dealer that worked her way up the chain in the cartels.

I am 3 eps into the first season. It has moments of grit, but overall, the whole show is glossy (expected from USA; this is not FX or AMC). Still, it's entertaining enough to hold my attention.
    Well into the 2nd season. I like it, although I stand by the above is that it is USA gritty, not FX or AMC gritty. It does show the cartel workings in a truthful way, though. That is rather bold.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

S2 of Goliath is available. Hopefully I end up giving this full attention as I still haven't started S2 of Chance.

Comment

I know I won't skip S2 of GLOW when it starts June 29th!

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
          It must have rebooted cuz I remember watching GLOW in the 90s.
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
            It must have rebooted cuz I remember watching GLOW in the 90s.
            https://www.google.com.ph/search?q=g...obile&ie=UTF-8

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
              This.
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

The finale of Billions was awesome. Cannot wait for next season... with the alliance that came together in the last scene? Whoooooo boy! Not sure why this show doesn't get more recognition.

One gripe, on Taylor. I get that Taylor has an ambiguous sexual identity, that is not an issue. My issue is, every single character in the show accepts it like it is no big deal, even the Russian guy and Russian culture is notoriously unaccepting of people like Taylor. I get that they are trying to be PC, but, I think in the context of the plot, there would, if they're going for real-world accuracy, be some people rejecting Taylor, and/or mocking, questioning, mistaking Taylor's sexuality. In the end it makes the seem less in the real world than I think it should. There are *******s in the real world.
                Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Well into the 2nd season. I like it, although I stand by the above is that it is USA gritty, not FX or AMC gritty. It does show the cartel workings in a truthful way, though. That is rather bold.
                  Pote is badarse. JeFFC he is true outlaw law.

Comment

Lucifer was picked up by Netflix!
                    Code:
                    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                    Originally posted by SanTropez
                    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                    Originally posted by Kepler
                    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Just finished Cobra Kai. Not really sure what to think of it. I will say it's better than it had any business being (at least in my mind given the concept) but the triple-crossovers between families was a bit much. However, William Zabka has some solid acting chops. Have to wonder if he made some bad choices after finding initial fame or if he was pigeonholed but I was pretty impressed by him in this series.

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                        Lucifer was picked up by Netflix!
                        Dr. Mrs. thinks this will be very good for the show.

1. Boobies!
                        2. They don't have to play it quite so dumb anymore, so they can explore the darker parts of the premise.
                        3. Oh, and boobies! Possibly even some Luciferschlong; not sure if Netflix can do that, but I suspect 97% of the Netflix female audience and about 10% of the male audience hopes so.

For those of you not in the know, Lucifer is played by Tom Ellis, who is not the least bit attractive:

Last edited by Kepler; 06-18-2018, 05:16 PM.
                        Cornell University
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Started "The Staircase" on Netflix. Was unaware it's an actual documentary, not a docu-series based on facts, etc. 3 eps in. It's messed up. I think Netflix found their niche (although at least the first few eps of this series were previously aired in Europe, IIRC).

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                            Started "The Staircase" on Netflix. Was unaware it's an actual documentary, not a docu-series based on facts, etc. 3 eps in. It's messed up. I think Netflix found their niche (although at least the first few eps of this series were previously aired in Europe, IIRC).
                            I watched it. Not making a murderer good, but ok

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                              I watched it. Not making a murderer good, but ok
                              So far I agree. It's just a weird case (like the MM case, and like the Oregon cult thing). And of COURSE there's a gay-angle, and happens to be in North Carolina. Can't make it up!

Comment

If they want to do a True Crime story in NC they should do the Duke heiress and her butler.
                                Cornell University

Comment

Working...
                                X