• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    I must see this.
    Same. Maybe I’ll post my review in the religion thread

Comment

• Re: TV: Did you make Barry's List?

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
      Same. Maybe I’ll post my review in the religion thread
      I'll get popcorn.
      Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
        So, no one shoot me for this suggestion, but I watched The Last Hangover on Netflix last evening. I really enjoyed it. My wife, not so much, but I'm not sure she has a sense of humor.

It's only about 45 minutes long. It's subtitled, and the subtitles are fast because the dialogue is fast, so you have to be ready.

It's a spoof of The Hangover, set in the context of The Last Supper. The apostles wake up the morning after partying at the Last Supper and Jesus is missing. You need to have a pretty good working knowledge of both The Hangover and the Gospel account of Jesus Last Supper with the apostles. But if you have even a decent working knowledge, there are a lot of pretty good jokes.

But, it's not going to be for everyone, so be forewarned.

http://www.dearcastandcrew.com/conte...-hangover.html
        5mn Major will have a heart attack
        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

So my daughter has made me watch The Masked Singer for the second week in a row. Anyone else watching this steaming pant load of ****? I thought this was the golden era of television.

Comment

Originally posted by Adam_Krug#1 View Post
            So my daughter has made me watch The Masked Singer for the second week in a row. Anyone else watching this steaming pant load of ****? I thought this was the golden era of television.
            it is. Just not network tv.
            What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

And speaking of golden age, funniest line on tv all year long. Comes near the end of this clip, from Black Frankie, so wait for it. NSFW.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3iiwO3gYtI
              What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                So, no one shoot me for this suggestion, but I watched The Last Hangover on Netflix last evening. I really enjoyed it. My wife, not so much, but I'm not sure she has a sense of humor.

It's only about 45 minutes long. It's subtitled, and the subtitles are fast because the dialogue is fast, so you have to be ready.

It's a spoof of The Hangover, set in the context of The Last Supper. The apostles wake up the morning after partying at the Last Supper and Jesus is missing. You need to have a pretty good working knowledge of both The Hangover and the Gospel account of Jesus Last Supper with the apostles. But if you have even a decent working knowledge, there are a lot of pretty good jokes.

But, it's not going to be for everyone, so be forewarned.

http://www.dearcastandcrew.com/conte...-hangover.html
                This keeps popping up on my recommended list. Might check it out.
                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Does Bird Box count as TV or Movie?

In any case, saw it last night with Dr. Mrs. Excellent. Solid A. Spoilers:

The ending was terrible. And her "apotheosis" to a mother betrayed her entire character. The whole point of her character is her inability to feel; it's what makes her interesting. Turning her into just another dullard human at the end was a lazy sop to the dummies, albeit it will win awards.

The best way to describe the movie would be A Quiet Place with good actors. Bullock is ideal as sharp and cold -- she even looks perfect. And her acting, if you cut the braying drill sergeancy with the kids which is merely scene-setting, is excellent. Less is more and boy she can do less.

I loved that the whole aesthetic of the film is cold, aloneness, and hypersensitiveness to sensory input. It's the closest I have seen any film get to how an INTJ experiences the world and you people.

In sum, a great movie if you cut out the final reel, which sums up a large number of films and nearly every good movie made since 9/11.
                  Last edited by Kepler; 01-11-2019, 08:42 AM.
                  Cornell University
                  National Champion 1967, 1970
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

I saw bird box. It wasn’t “zomg terrible” like a lot of people said. I thought it was ok

Comment

What kind of a moron would think it was terrible? A 17 year old boy?
                      Cornell University
                      National Champion 1967, 1970
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                        What kind of a moron would think it was terrible? A 17 year old boy?
                        I think a lot of people heard the hype and had unrealistic expectations. I thought it was very good, myself.
                        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

If it was anything like A Quiet Place it was vastly overrated...
                          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                            If it was anything like A Quiet Place it was vastly overrated...
                            I really liked A Quiet Place.

Comment

I did too. I found it unnerving which isn’t very common for me and movies.
                              Code:
                              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                              Originally posted by SanTropez
                              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                              Originally posted by Kepler
                              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                                I did too. I found it unnerving which isn’t very common for me and movies.
                                That's a good description of it: unnerving. I prefer those types of horror movies. Put me on edge. Don't try and just gross me out with slashing everything.

Comment

Working...
                                X