Page 45 of 47 FirstFirst ... 35363738394041424344454647 LastLast

Thread: TV: Did you make Barry's List?

Already insane, UAA making it worse

Re: TV: Did you make Barry's List?

Adam Sandler has a Netflix special.

Only mentioning because of this Chris Farley tribute.

Lucia Apologist

That was amazing.

Already insane, UAA making it worse
    Quote Originally Posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    That was amazing.
    Yeah, every now and then Sandler can pull off something like that.

Um......

https://thehill.com/blogs/in-the-know/in-the-know/422764-kevin-spacey-to-be-arraigned-on-charge-of-sexual-assault?fbclid=IwAR2lktrXJb8gqwNfLZUKytpLL4XLKIsvs ooArBdj1UymiIQI256l_ExQz_U
    Last edited by Deutsche Gopher Fan; 12-24-2018 at 03:32 PM.

Send Lawyers, Guns and Money

Quote Originally Posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
    From the comment section of the linked video:
    I'm Sorry (let the Courts decide Guilt or Innocence) but this was ******** BRILLIANT!
    "I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."
    Groucho Marx
    "You can't fix stupid. There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. Stupid is forever. "
    Ron White
    "If we stop being offensive, the Terrorists win."
    Milo Bloom

He fixes the cable?

He's being Frank Underwood. Still creepy, though.

Quote Originally Posted by bigblue_dl View Post
    In the middle of Springsteen on Broadway. Holy **** this is good, and I'm not a real big fan of Springsteen...
    Just watched this tonight....wow. Honestly, he could've just told stories all night, and it would have been awesome. His way with words to paint a full picture...to make you FEEL the story, to make you FEEL as if you are there or actually have lived it...amazing. Like bbdl, I'm not into Springsteen a whole lot, like his music, don't love it. But this is so worth watching....
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Quote Originally Posted by The Rube View Post
    Just watched this tonight....wow. Honestly, he could've just told stories all night, and it would have been awesome. His way with words to paint a full picture...to make you FEEL the story, to make you FEEL as if you are there or actually have lived it...amazing. Like bbdl, I'm not into Springsteen a whole lot, like his music, don't love it. But this is so worth watching....
    For hardcore fans, many of the stories were familiar. Iím not sure the story of his fatherís appearance at the hospital before his own childís birth had been widely told, but most of the rest Iíd heard. One thing I found interesting is the selection of songs he chose to sing with his wife. Both were from Tunnel of Love, an album primarily dealing with the dissolution of his first marriage.

But, as with all of his live performances, it was excellent.

Quote Originally Posted by SJHovey View Post
    For hardcore fans, many of the stories were familiar. Iím not sure the story of his fatherís appearance at the hospital before his own childís birth had been widely told, but most of the rest Iíd heard. One thing I found interesting is the selection of songs he chose to sing with his wife. Both were from Tunnel of Love, an album primarily dealing with the dissolution of his first marriage.

But, as with all of his live performances, it was excellent.
    I know it was his show, but do kinda wish Patti had some solo verses to sing, instead of just accompaniment. That's a nitpick, though. And I'm sure SOME of it was showmanship, but seemed to me that he really teared up telling some of the stories. Just that kinda guy.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

CNN's special on Gilda Radner, which debuted tonight was very good. Would recommend catching it.

Tried to watch Tidying Up with Marie kondo on Netflix. First ep has a whiny toddler who is always whining and asks for ďboobiesĒ which means she wants to breastfeed. Needless to say I didnít get through the episode

wubba lubba dub dub

Tried to watch Tidying Up with Marie kondo on Netflix. First ep has a whiny toddler who is always whining and asks for “boobies” which means she wants to breastfeed. Needless to say I didn’t get through the episode
    My wife and I were watching that episode, and my wife commented, "If your child is old enough to say that, then the child needs to be weaned."

We're actively looking to pare down our stuff now with an eye on moving in a year or two.
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Tried to watch Tidying Up with Marie kondo on Netflix. First ep has a whiny toddler who is always whining and asks for ďboobiesĒ which means she wants to breastfeed. Needless to say I didnít get through the episode
    That sounds like a pretty lame show...like Hoarders Lite, without any rats, cat ****, rotten food or black mold. What's the fun in that? Hardly even anything to make fun of.
    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

10 Laurel & Hardy shorts/movies on TCM tonight starting at 8.
    A bad cause requires many words.

Quote Originally Posted by St. Clown View Post
    My wife and I were watching that episode, and my wife commented, "If your child is old enough to say that, then the child needs to be weaned."

We're actively looking to pare down our stuff now with an eye on moving in a year or two.
    I agree. Iím not scared of breasts, but when a kid asks for them..

Quote Originally Posted by SonofSouthie View Post
    10 Laurel & Hardy shorts/movies on TCM tonight starting at 8.
    They better show "Them Thar Hills." One of the best shorts, IMO.

So, no one shoot me for this suggestion, but I watched The Last Hangover on Netflix last evening. I really enjoyed it. My wife, not so much, but I'm not sure she has a sense of humor.

It's only about 45 minutes long. It's subtitled, and the subtitles are fast because the dialogue is fast, so you have to be ready.

It's a spoof of The Hangover, set in the context of The Last Supper. The apostles wake up the morning after partying at the Last Supper and Jesus is missing. You need to have a pretty good working knowledge of both The Hangover and the Gospel account of Jesus Last Supper with the apostles. But if you have even a decent working knowledge, there are a lot of pretty good jokes.

But, it's not going to be for everyone, so be forewarned.

https://www.dearcastandcrew.com/conte...-hangover.html
    Last edited by SJHovey; 01-10-2019 at 04:01 PM.
    That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

The premise sounds hilarious actually.

Lucia Apologist

I must see this.

Quote Originally Posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    I must see this.
    Same. Maybe Iíll post my review in the religion thread

Thread Information