X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: TV: Did you make Barry's List?

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    I haven't seen any of TD. I've heard S1 was great and S2 was awful. Would you agree (without spoilers, please)?
    I've only seen season 2 and yes it was not the greatest. Season 1 I also have heard was fantastic.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

I haven't seen any of TD. I've heard S1 was great and S2 was awful. Would you agree (without spoilers, please)?
      I also thought season 1 was much better. Season 2 was a mess. So far I've thought S3 seems ok. It has more of a S1 vibe to it.
      That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Yes. Season 1 was awesome. One of the best single seasons of TV I have seen. Season 2 was bad, the story just didn't make sense, it was fragmented, the writing was awful. You didn't care what happened in season 2, where with season 1, you really wanted to know how the mystery ended. I would highly recommend watching season 1, and skipping 2. If 3 is good, then watch that. They're anthologies, so you can skip 2 with no issues.
        Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Season 1 is great though very weird...
          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Echo all sentiments on S1 of TD.
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
              Echo all sentiments on S1 of TD.
              Me too. It has the same vibe that season one had. It doesn't hurt that that the actors they cast are far better than the season two set. Vince Vaughn? Please.

Aging has been good to Stephen Dorf. It's lent him a sort of gravitas that he didn't have as a young pretty boy actor. Sort of in the same vein as with Anson Mount. Dorf seems to be channeling a little bit of Nick Nolte here, and it's working.

Couple little touches that I appreciated. The "hey, watch the leather, man" line as the kid climbed into the back of the VW. And the little throwback to season one, when the teacher, and future wife, takes about the cult of sexual predators in the region. At least, I'm assuming that's what she was referring to.
              What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

This looks interesting, if you're interested in this sorta stuff.

https://www.bbcamerica.com/shows/dynasties
                Last edited by SonofSouthie; 01-18-2019, 06:54 PM.
                A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

Haven't been in the mood for movies the last couple nights, and I know it's cancelled, but it is tied into Jessica Jones and could reappear as a character, so delved into Luke Cage. I'm not disappointed. I'm not all up in it, but I like it.
                  Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                  Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                    Same. Maybe I’ll post my review in the religion thread
                    LOL. I think I hurt something.
                    Cornell University
                    National Champion 1967, 1970
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

The Good Place continues to be my favorite current show.
                      Cornell University
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

The Good Place continues to be my favorite current show.
                        Well then you clearly have not seen "The Masked Singer".

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                        iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                        gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                        Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                        Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                        TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                        DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Schitts creek is back. That show has really grown on me no doubt because of Eugene and dan levy

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                            I haven't heard of it.

Let me guess. Bad?
                            Cornell University

Comment

I haven't heard of it.

Let me guess. Bad?
                              Oh yeah.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                              iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                              gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                              Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                              Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                              TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                              DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                                Lol. Omg. I haven’t seen it but the commercials make it seem like Japanese game show meets US network TV taking the worst of each.

I always figured it was what the trump admin created to torture people in black prison sites and like all things, figured they could make a buck on it.
                                Code:
                                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                                Originally posted by SanTropez
                                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                                Originally posted by Kepler
                                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Working...
                                X