New D1 coaches needed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
    RIT "special announcement" at 4pm, I assume new coach? https://***********/RITWHKY/status/1032318422657519621
    Likely. Chad Davis has accepted the job, coming from Adrian College.

Credit for breaking this news goes to other posters, not me.
    FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
      RIT "special announcement" at 4pm, I assume new coach? https://***********/RITWHKY/status/1032318422657519621
      "Special announcement".....lol, too funny. Old news now. Announcing that Scott would not be returning, now that was special!

Comment

Re: New D1 coaches needed?

Originally posted by shelfit View Post
        "Special announcement".....lol, too funny. Old news now. Announcing that Scott would not be returning, now that was special!
        Originally posted by Hammer View Post
        Likely. Chad Davis has accepted the job, coming from Adrian College.

Credit for breaking this news goes to other posters, not me.
        It was poor form by Adrian to say where Davis was going in their announcement (and Davis for not preventing them from doing so) before RIT made the announcement. They had the replacement lined up as someone who'd been working for them for a couple of years. I get the boost in prestige that their HC went D1, but they would not have suffered harm waiting until today if they really couldn't bring themselves to omit where he was going.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott_TG View Post
          It was poor form by Adrian to say where Davis was going in their announcement (and Davis for not preventing them from doing so) before RIT made the announcement. They had the replacement lined up as someone who'd been working for them for a couple of years. I get the boost in prestige that their HC went D1, but they would not have suffered harm waiting until today if they really couldn't bring themselves to omit where he was going.
          All joking aside, I agree they should have waited. I don't remember any other time where a school announced the departure of their coach for a new coaching opportunity before the school that just hired that coach made their announcement. Amateurish move by Adrian. Sadly I think Chad had a better team where he was but who can fault him for taking a D1 job even if it's a low-end one. The salary alone is enough to make the decision a no-brainer.

Comment

Originally posted by shelfit View Post
            Sadly I think Chad had a better team where he was but who can fault him for taking a D1 job even if it's a low-end one.
            And here I thought your problem with RIT's women's team was just the coach. Apparently you just hate RIT in general?

Powers &8^]

Comment

Originally posted by LtPowers View Post
              And here I thought your problem with RIT's women's team was just the coach. Apparently you just hate RIT in general?

Powers &8^]
              No, without any scholarships this is a tough situation for anyone. Hopefully this new coach will treat his players better, will have better ethics on the recruiting trail (and in general), and won't get into any bar brawls. LOL. This program is in desperate need for someone with a much better reputation and who will run things the right way! Time will tell, and I wish them all the best!

Comment

I do feel bad for the OSU fans. Seems like they just can't get a break.

http://ohiostatebuckeyes.com/elander...buckeye-staff/

Comment

Originally posted by play-by-play guy View Post
                  I do feel bad for the OSU fans. Seems like they just can't get a break.

http://ohiostatebuckeyes.com/elander...buckeye-staff/
                  The timing on this is difficult right before the season starts, and I am sure rival fans will not actually read the story and the reasons Coach Peter is stepping down (spend more time with family and deal with health issues). The trolls will use this to continue to push their false narrative that some sort of "turmoil" is going on at OSU. LOL, yeah, turmoil, we just had a historically great season that culminated in a Frozen Four appearance and an OT loss to the eventual National Champions, but yeah, so much turmoil going on here in Columbus.

Thank you for the thoughts, though. We will be fine. Mrs. 86 and I are heading to Quinnipiac for the season opening weekend. Couldn't wait until the home opener to see our "adopted daughters." We've missed them!

Comment

Originally posted by osualum86 View Post
                    Mrs. 86 and I are heading to Quinnipiac for the season opening weekend. Couldn't wait until the home opener to see our "adopted daughters." We've missed them!
                    Have a great trip. If you’re driving, it should be a beautiful drive by then. Looking forward to the OSU thread revival in the coming weeks. Best wishes to Peter, and good luck to the Buckeyes (when they are not playing the Lakers).

Comment

Originally posted by Lindsay View Post
                      Have a great trip. If you’re driving, it should be a beautiful drive by then. Looking forward to the OSU thread revival in the coming weeks. Best wishes to Peter, and good luck to the Buckeyes (when they are not playing the Lakers).
                      Thank you, Lindsay! I need to get the OSU thread going. I will probably start it in another week or two. Still thinking about the sub-title, but I think I will probably go with "The Road To Hamden" or "Destination: Hamden."

I believe the program will be fine. I am sure Coach Nadine has someone lined up. As for the trip to Quinnipiac, we are really looking forward to heading over there. I did look into air travel, but between the cost and then having to rent a car, it was cheaper to just drive the 10.5 hours over there. There will be wear and tear on the vehicle, but it's a lot cheaper to just drive it.

So, regarding the weekend vs the Lakers, any chance you will be gracing us with your presence at the OSU Ice Rink for that one?

Comment

The timing on this is difficult right before the season starts, and I am sure rival fans will not actually read the story and the reasons Coach Peter is stepping down (spend more time with family and deal with health issues). The trolls will use this to continue to push their false narrative that some sort of "turmoil" is going on at OSU. LOL, yeah, turmoil, we just had a historically great season that culminated in a Frozen Four appearance and an OT loss to the eventual National Champions, but yeah, so much turmoil going on here in Columbus.
                        Trying to be objective and not trolly, but isn't the timing of it is suspicious? Would you not do this at the end of the season to give Muzzy time to get a new coach and get them onto the recruiting trail? She's has had a revolving door with assistant coaches. I think "Health & Family Time" is code for my boss is psycho.
                        Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                        Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                        Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                        "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                        Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                          Trying to be objective and not trolly, but isn't the timing of it is suspicious? Would you not do this at the end of the season to give Muzzy time to get a new coach and get them onto the recruiting trail? She's has had a revolving door with assistant coaches. I think "Health & Family Time" is code for my boss is psycho.
                          Unfortunately I have to agree.

Comment

I believe the program will be fine.

So, regarding the weekend vs the Lakers, any chance you will be gracing us with your presence at the OSU Ice Rink for that one?
                            Agree they will be fine. I definitely want to watch OSU at their rink some time, and have my eye on a Mercyhurst or Whitecaps game. In the event schedules/ weather align and I can make it to a game I will be sure to say hello.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                              I completely agree that the timing puts us in a spot when it happens right before the season starts, but I just do not buy into the "my boss is psycho" narrative. Maybe some of the Gopher posters who know Coach Nadine better than I do can chime in on this, but I have never got the "psycho" vibe from her. I can tell you this, the girls love her and play hard for her. I think that has been crystal clear the past couple seasons with Coach Nadine behind the bench. I sent Coach Peter a note on facebook and told him he would be sorely missed. He thanked me for my support and said the team will be great this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Lindsay View Post
                                Agree they will be fine. I definitely want to watch OSU at their rink some time, and have my eye on a Mercyhurst or Whitecaps game. In the event schedules/ weather align and I can make it to a game I will be sure to say hello.
                                I hear you loud and clear on the weather, let me tell you! That drive up to Erie last season for the Friday night game was dicey, to put it mildly! I was thankful to get there without sliding off the road! I am a lifelong Ohioan who knows how to drive in that weather, but it was downright treacherous that night!

Comment

Working...
                                X