New D1 coaches needed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New D1 coaches needed?

Now that the season is over here is a list of schools I think could use new head coaches, by conference:

CHA:

1. RIT - a no-brainer here.
    2. Syracuse - yes, he did do very well at SLU.

ECAC:

1. Brown - we all saw this one coming.
    2. Dartmouth - this is maybe a bit premature but they'll get sick of her within two years.

Hockey East:

1. BU - things are getting stale there.
    2. UConn - little or no progress in spite of the team having a good showing at the end of the season.
    3. Vermont - not the guy to get the job done there although it's not the easiest place to attract good players to.

WCHA:

1. Minnesota State - not the guy to get the job done there either even though he's a 1980 Olympic legend. They should get rid of him and his gymnast friend and promote Shari to the head coach position.

I'll post my D3 list tomorrow.

Originally posted by shelfit View Post
    2. UConn - little or no progress in spite of the team having a good showing at the end of the season.
    Lol what
    Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
    Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
    Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Re: New D1 coaches needed?

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
      Lol what
      Agreed. UConn at least made it to their conference semi finals. Look at UNH. Zero improvement since Witt became head coach.

Comment

Originally posted by pucko View Post
        Agreed. UConn at least made it to their conference semi finals. Look at UNH. Zero improvement since Witt became head coach.
        Okay, then add UNH to list.

Comment

Originally posted by shelfit View Post
          Now that the season is over here is a list of schools I think could use new head coaches, by conference:

CHA:

1. RIT - a no-brainer here.
          2. Syracuse - yes, he did do very well at SLU.

ECAC:

1. Brown - we all saw this one coming.
          2. Dartmouth - this is maybe a bit premature but they'll get sick of her within two years.

Hockey East:

1. BU - things are getting stale there.
          3. Vermont - not the guy to get the job done there although it's not the easiest place to attract good players to.

WCHA:

1. Minnesota State - not the guy to get the job done there either even though he's a 1980 Olympic legend. They should get rid of him and his gymnast friend and promote Shari to the head coach position.

I'll post my D3 list tomorrow.

Shelfit trolling again? If we include all the coaches that finished pairwise below the top of her "to be fired" list, we would add
          Mercyhurst, UNH, Princeton, Bemidji, Quinny, Harvard, Merrimack, St. Cloud, Yale, Penn State, RPI, Lindenwood and Union.

That's about 20 head coaches. Maybe 40 more assistant coaches.

Got the resume ready?

Comment

Originally posted by EastFan1 View Post
            Shelfit trolling again? If we include all the coaches that finished pairwise below the top of her "to be fired" list, we would add
            Mercyhurst, UNH, Princeton, Bemidji, Quinny, Harvard, Merrimack, St. Cloud, Yale, Penn State, RPI, Lindenwood and Union.

That's about 20 head coaches. Maybe 40 more assistant coaches.

Got the resume ready?
            Opining, not trolling (what does that even mean?). My list has nothing to do with pairwise or any other polls or rankings systems. I just think certain programs are getting stale, while others are more obviously based on win-loss records, etc. By all means go ahead and add your serious opinions on the topic because your additions in your post are just silly since some coaches are quite new at some of the programs you listed, which means you haven't put any thought or effort into your post. Tsk, tsk.

Comment

Being an ECAC fan....my two cents on coaches that need to change..
              Brown: no explanation needed (should have been done sooner). Time to get a winning attitude to go with that IVY education
              Dartmouth: I am willing to give them more time. Was an interesting start to the season, thought things would end up different this year with interim coach.
              RPI and Union: Hoping these coaches can make big strides in the next couple years
              Yale: flat-lined. always fighting to make playoffs....nice additions on assistant coaches last two years. Would love to see some new energy
              Harvard: the shine is gone...time to move on. (the shine left with Maura)
              QPac: tough year...thought they would be better...not sure what is going on there
              Princeton: Great first year for KM. seeing some good recruits showing up too so no one is backing away. also love the all female coaching staff.

what can you say about the top 4? things are working...don't change a thing (nice addition of DJ at Cornell)

I would love to see JK leave Vermont and fill a head coaching spot after being assistant/associate at 3 schools...any takers?

Comment

Quinnipiac was a top 8 program under the previous regime, certainly RC had issues. I would have hoped this coaching staff could have built on that?

When you mention stale, that epitomizes Syracuse. After 8 plus years it is time for a new coaching staff to change the culture and build the program the right way. It would be interesting how quickly the results would improve. Could their be an announcement coming soon?

UVM-been to numerous games there, the community will support them if they are competitive. Previous coach was not a poor communicator and this one is not much better.

Comment

Where is the D3 list?
                  The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                  "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                  GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                  GO LAKERS!!!
                  GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                  "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                  Oswego State '09

Comment

Looks like RPI removed the "interim" from their current head coach...

Any word on what is happening at Brown with their current search?

Or others?

Comment

Brown's new Head coach is Carisa Wahlig from Lake Forest.

Comment

Originally posted by knight7 View Post
                        Impressive they even updated the web site. Never understood why some places won't do that right away.

Comment

What has happened with Quinnipiac, answer is Colgate, Uconn and Penn State have become better at recruiting than they used to be. Players don't want to come in and sit.

Comment

Originally posted by MAHOCKEY FAN View Post
                            Being an ECAC fan....my two cents on coaches that need to change..
                            Brown: no explanation needed (should have been done sooner). Time to get a winning attitude to go with that IVY education
                            Dartmouth: I am willing to give them more time. Was an interesting start to the season, thought things would end up different this year with interim coach.
                            RPI and Union: Hoping these coaches can make big strides in the next couple years
                            Yale: flat-lined. always fighting to make playoffs....nice additions on assistant coaches last two years. Would love to see some new energy
                            Harvard: the shine is gone...time to move on. (the shine left with Maura)
                            QPac: tough year...thought they would be better...not sure what is going on there
                            Princeton: Great first year for KM. seeing some good recruits showing up too so no one is backing away. also love the all female coaching staff.

what can you say about the top 4? things are working...don't change a thing (nice addition of DJ at Cornell)

I would love to see JK leave Vermont and fill a head coaching spot after being assistant/associate at 3 schools...any takers?
                            JK!!??? Are you kidding me? She is NOT fit to be a D1 coach. A very negative reputation in New England re: recruiting. Has been very unprofessional at times. Far more interested in talking about herself and how great a player she is/was then the players she is recruiting. Have you ever wondered why she has moved schools so frequently recently and ended up in the wilderness at UVM?

Comment

Originally posted by knight7 View Post
                              Interesting choice. Certainly a WAY better choice than the previous coach - she has at least had head coaching success, has recruiting contacts, and is relatively well thought of as a D3 recruiter. I would think she has a reasonable chance to make Brown better (better, not good. It will likely be a long time before they are good again after the mess they've made the last few years and what was left behind).

Comment

Working...
                              X