Big Ten Out of Conference is a joke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by willythekid View Post
    I didn't realize the big10 had been around so long... I'd rather see the stats since the conference re-alignment.
    Big 10 has yet to win a national title
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Re: Big Ten Out of Conference is a joke

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
      Big 10 has yet to win a national title
      You ppl act like college hockey runs the world? lol

It doesn't. NOBODY outside of diehard college hockey fans noticed that the whole conf structure of chk changed.

And you act like history was deleted and started over at the start of the NCHC and the B1G. How convenient that would be for the NCHC.

Since the NCHC was SO FAR BEHIND THE B1G to start out.

But that is not reality, reality is that history happened, the past DID exist.

And in the present, 3 B1G teams made the FF, only 1 NCHC team has.

Comment

Nacho is great!!!!! Wooo-hooo

Nacho > big zip!!!

Big zip no titles (yet)

Comment

Originally posted by FredsDeadFriend View Post

It doesn't. NOBODY outside of diehard college hockey fans noticed that the whole conf structure of chk changed.

And you act like history was deleted and started over at the start of the NCHC and the B1G. How convenient that would be for the NCHC.

Yeah, and both the B1G teams LOST (I don't count ND who floats around to whichever conference is convenient for them...)

Comment

• Originally posted by chickod View Post
            Yeah, and both the B1G teams LOST (I don't count ND who floats around to whichever conference is convenient for them...)
            Almost worth seeing ND win so the big zip’per can come out and wipe the ND gizz off their chins

Comment

• Originally posted by FredsDeadFriend View Post

Sorry, but the Little Six hockey conference and the NCHC didn't exist before 2013. You don't get to now assign those wins to the Little Six after they actually happened.
              Originally posted by SJHovey
              Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
              Originally posted by Brenthoven
              We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
                "Hold on to that idea as long as you can"

*Counts stats from teams that have no living players*
                Got a kick out of that also. LOL!
                "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

• Originally posted by FredsDeadFriend View Post

Yeah, the past happened but difference between whacky *** Gopher fans and everyone else is that nobody retroactively counts things towards new hockey conferences that previously didn’t exist.

But I get it, it’s the only thing that can make you and Speedy feel better right now. So keep on keeping on. Lol

PS This is a college hockey forum so we are talking about college hockey.

Comment

• Originally posted by SiouxFanatic View Post
                    Yeah, the past happened but difference between whacky *** Gopher fans and everyone else is that nobody retroactively counts things towards new hockey conferences that previously didn’t exist.

But I get it, it’s the only thing that can make you and Speedy feel better right now. So keep on keeping on. Lol

PS This is a college hockey forum so we are talking about college hockey.
                    Seriously

If it wasn’t for us, there’d be crickets

Comment

Look, if it makes you guys feel any better back east we ignore all of you.
                      Cornell University
                      National Champion 1967, 1970
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                        Where?
                        That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

I actually do feel better.
                          "My greatest achievement."
                          Dirty on getting me suspended from USCHO.

I'm not an alcoholic! I'm an independent beer taster for Anheuser Busch.

Happy~Smelling like a warm turd sandwich since 11/15/07.

Comment

Originally posted by FredsDeadFriend View Post

Nobody outside of college hockey cares about college hockey.

And those who do care about college hockey understand the conference realignment had a major impact on the CURRENT state of college hockey. While it doesn't change the past it sure is more relevant when you are talking about the current trends in the game. And those current trends have the NCHC going for its 3rd consecutive title. That would be 3 of 5 years since the conference was started. B1G is still at zero but they do have a chance at their first with a team that just joined the conference this year and ran it over without much of a fight.

Good lord, you like ancient history so much I'll bet you are a Packers fan too.

Comment

Says the Cornell fan.

Sean
                              Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
                              Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
                              BU Hockey highlights and extras
                              NCAA Hockey Financials
                              Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
                              I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

All this NCHC vs. the big10 started the year before realignment... That was when the big10 blow-hard fans started in about how their conference was going to dominate every facet of the college hockey game. I believe more than one of those same hair-lipped windbags predicted that the NCHC would be the laughing stock of NCAA hockey... (Oh, how hindsight is 20-20). Of course, as we all know, that didn't exactly happen much to their disappointment. Who knows what will happen in the future, but saying that the big10 has been the better conference since realignment is simply asinine. Congrats on getting 3 teams into the FF, even though two of them are already getting their tee times arranged. The dames from Indiana are probably wishing the NCHC wouldn't have told them to talk a long walk off a short pier not that many years ago...

Comment

Working...
                                X