Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College Women's Hockey 2018-2019: NO COMMERCIALS, NO MERCY

Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
    It "feels" like bc should be able to sweep given their talent and you sort of expect that they will just flip a switch and turn on the power that has been mostly dormant so far this year.
    ................does it? lol
    Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
    Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
    Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
      Preview for this weekend: https://www.bcinterruption.com/bosto...ts-predictions

Surprised at how much a sweep (as impossible as it looks) would lift BC in the Pairwise. In a vacuum we wouldn't pick up any positions, but we'd put ourselves back with that huge group from 4-7 in RPI (though we'd still be 10th weirdly because of some flipped comparisons).
      Even in the worst case for BC, where it flounders through the rest of the regular season, there still isn't some unbeatable power team waiting for you in the conference tournament. Win four games in your playoff and you likely get a winner-take-all game with NU for a spot in the FF. The regular-season pressure is much greater on a team like tOSU.
      "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
      And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

• Originally posted by ARM View Post
        Even in the worst case for BC, where it flounders through the rest of the regular season, there still isn't some unbeatable power team waiting for you in the conference tournament. Win four games in your playoff and you likely get a winner-take-all game with NU for a spot in the FF. The regular-season pressure is much greater on a team like tOSU.
        I suppose, but if they flounder the rest of the way -- which consists of almost exclusively Hockey East games -- who is going to have any faith in BC winning the league?

Comment

I suppose, but if they flounder the rest of the way -- which consists of almost exclusively Hockey East games -- who is going to have any faith in BC winning the league?
          You, Grant. You.

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
            You, Grant. You.
            I'm going to be all-in on them trying, but I will not have any faith at all that they will do it! lol

Comment

................does it? lol
              It's all about the Magic Mind...

Got a dime and a rhyme
              brilliant mind still incline
              In your prime to design
              Moving soon, upper room
              paid your dues
              'Cause you're through feelin' blue

Oh and the amazing EWF horn section to boot.
              At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

So now I read what you wrote ...
                ... every bit of evidence we have points to a Northeastern sweep.
                What! They were lucky to beat you last time. If BC can stay awake for the whole game, I like the Eagles. Unless there is something horrific going on in the BC lockerroom (and as our crack BC investigative reporter, we rely on you to tell us these things), then BC is still the more talented team and should win. Crowley must have enough video of teaching points by now that they'll start to play better, and they don't have to improve a whole lot to reverse these results.

Comment

So now I read what you wrote ...
                  What! They were lucky to beat you last time.
                  Last time we had won 12 of our last 13. Currently we are 1 for our last 6.

Unless there is something horrific going on in the BC lockerroom (and as our crack BC investigative reporter, we rely on you to tell us these things)
                  Nothing that I know of. From what I've heard, it's actually an exceptionally tight-knit group. But who knows.

Comment

Preview for this weekend: https://www.bcinterruption.com/bosto...ts-predictions

Surprised at how much a sweep (as impossible as it looks) would lift BC in the Pairwise. In a vacuum we wouldn't pick up any positions, but we'd put ourselves back with that huge group from 4-7 in RPI (though we'd still be 10th weirdly because of some flipped comparisons).
                    You are predicting BC gets swept? WOW.
                    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                      I think that its some sort of reverse psychology trick that he's trying. Either that or he's sandbagging because he's tired of casting himself as the overconfident BC fan. I can't imagine he really believes they won't find a way to get at least a point out of this. Although now that I think about it, the Eagles' most impressive win was ... beating BU maybe?

Comment

Are you predicting something otherwise? lol

Comment

I think it's a motivational tool, and after all the sweep predictions since the beginning of time, who knows, it just might work.
                          Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

I can't imagine he really believes they won't find a way to get at least a point out of this. Although now that I think about it, the Eagles' most impressive win was ... beating BU maybe?
                            It wouldn't surprise me if we got something. But come on. 1 for our last 6. NU is hot. And like you said, we don't have any impressive wins. Sports are weird but based on the evidence, NU is supposed to win these games. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Am I wrong?

Comment

Am I wrong?
                              Always. Even when you're not.

Comment

Are you predicting something otherwise? lol
                                BC sweeps.
                                Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                                Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                                Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                                "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                                Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Working...
                                X