Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College Women's Hockey 2018-2019: NO COMMERCIALS, NO MERCY

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
    I could put together one hell of a top 10 list, but in WIH it was OT against Clarkson, no question. I completely lost it when we tied the game and then when we won I actually pulled my groin jumping out of the seat. In the highlights you can see me in the corner of the frame jumping 10 feet off the ground over and over.
    Fantastic memory!

The top spot is vacant though, just waiting to be filled.
    I think it's still possible this year's team could make a dramatic rebound from what I'm sure you'll agree was a very disappointing first half. There's enough talent there to put together a run all the way to the FF, but they'll need to develop the kind of consistency, game in and game out, that up to this point has been strangely missing.
    Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

. . . and then the other in like 2012 or something where it was tied late, BC hit iron on a breakaway with a minute left, and Wisconsin went right down the ice and scored with like 20 seconds left to win.
      That was a strange Wisconsin team. The roster was loaded, and you'd watch them for a couple of periods and be convinced that they were one of the greatest hockey teams ever before realizing that they were only ahead by a goal. I've never seen a great team that was as bad at winning faceoffs as they were; I'm half convinced they lost draws in the offensive zone on purpose so they could set up that forecheck.

They didn't make anything easy on themselves down the stretch, starting with having to overcome a two goal third period deficit against Minnesota in the WCHA final, though the only surprise was how long it took them to win it in overtime. They had to come from behind again against UMD in the NCAA quarterfinal. That year was the first time I'd attended the women's Frozen Four, and I had no idea how BC was still in that game against the Badgers, other than, "Blake Bolden is stupid fast and can create about one breakaway a period completely against the run of play." Even in the middle of the breakaway you mentioned, I never felt like Wisconsin was in danger of losing, because winning games after letting the other team hang around was what they did.

They did the same thing two nights later against BU in the final. Mark Johnson made my second all time favorite use of a timeout when, with about four minutes left, Wisconsin finally scored their third goal to establish a two goal lead, he called it to give his team a chance to settle down before continuing play.

Comment

I'd expect there was a 50/50 shot in our undefeated season, but the Gophers got the best of you guys so we never got to see it.

We played Wisconsin close twice in the Frozen Four. Once the 1-0 heartbreaker with the goal, what was it, 19 seconds from OT, and then the other in like 2012 or something where it was tied late, BC hit iron on a breakaway with a minute left, and Wisconsin went right down the ice and scored with like 20 seconds left to win.

Really not my favorite memories.
        16.2 but who's counting...besides me...forever...

Comment

Let's rock and roll, baby birds https://www.bcinterruption.com/bosto...edictions-whea
          Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
          Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
          Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Time to make a Novena to St. Jude.
            CCT '77 & '78
            4 kids
            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Would it be fair to say that with losing 5 out of the last 6 games, bc is now a cupcake opponent?
              At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Schadenfreude, thy name is USCHO Fan Forum.

Comment

Originally posted by thirdtime's . . . View Post
                  Schadenfreude, thy name is USCHO Fan Forum.
                  There is a bit of truth to that, sure, but it's kind of getting to the point of being ridiculous. With the talent bc has, they should not have 8 losses at this point in the season. Period.

Comment

I should make a new BC thread for the 2nd half that is only forum banter and absolutely zero talk about the complete and utter disaster that is this year's BC Women's Hockey season.

I mean this isn't really something to joke about... but surely this must be what it feels like to be in an abusive relationship.
                    Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                    Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                    Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Really, what the hell is going on with this team?
                      Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

• [QUOTE=TonyTheTiger20;6742983]I should make a new

"I mean this isn't really something to joke about... but surely this must be what it feels like to be in an abusive relationship."

Wow. Great example!

Comment

No, not a great example, but T3 lives along women’s hockey’s San Andreas Fault. It’s the good life for the most part, but when the earth opens up it can swallow you whole.

Comment

With all due respect, UNH, with 6 sophomores and 5 freshmen in the regular rotation, and our "#1 goalie" red shirting with an injury, is quietly learning how to play together, on this level, and most importantly win, from behind or otherwise. I have no problem with the fact that it is happening under the radar. Sure, it would be great to have the VT series back as a do-over, but we have a solid win against CT, have already won the series against highly touted Merrimack, with a game left against them, and lost to a very strong Providence team 1 - 0 with less than 5 minutes left to play as part of a 6 game skid. Despite a dismal record thus far, we've only lost one game by more than 2 goals, to Northeastern. The 3 games we've lost by 2, the final opposition goals were empty netters. We've not lost since the aforementioned 3-0 debacle. We have a lot of must win games in the future, but mission accomplished on the first one.

As a side note, and just an observation based on 1 game, for all her talent, Kellar was a real hack.
                            Last edited by DC78-82; 01-07-2019, 02:24 PM.
                            "A ROCK BAND IS NOT A PERFECT DEMOCRACY. IT'S LIKE A SPORTS TEAM. NO ONE CAN DO WITHOUT THE OTHER, BUT EVERYBODY DOESN'T GET TO TOUCH THE BALL ALL THE TIME." Don Henley

Comment

Originally posted by DC78-82 View Post
                              As a side note, and just an observation based on 1 game, for all her talent, Kellar was a real hack.
                              Just a theory on my part based on the season bc is having that this is likely some frustration showing...

Comment

• Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
                                Just a theory on my part based on the season bc is having that this is likely some frustration showing...
                                Sounds about right. In the games I’ve seen her play, she was so fearsome the refs gave themselves penalties.
                                Last edited by Genbeau; 01-07-2019, 01:52 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X