Boston College Women's Hockey 2018-2019: NO COMMERCIALS, NO MERCY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College Women's Hockey 2018-2019: NO COMMERCIALS, NO MERCY

Has BC or TTT talked with Santa yet? Only 1 week until Christmas and this team needs a gift.

Comment

• Originally posted by Quiet Riot View Post
      I can't stand Grant being well, um, deflated. He's such a good guy/fan.
      Hey maybe we're gonna go nuts in the second half. Who knows!
      Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
      Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
      Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

• Originally posted by Call It View Post
        Has BC or TTT talked with Santa yet? Only 1 week until Christmas and this team needs a gift.
        Maybe BC being bad is a result of me deserving coal!

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
          Maybe BC being bad is a result of me deserving coal!
          Given that BC has been good some years, I think we can dismiss this possibility.

Comment

Given the fact that the impregnable-on-paper BC defense has been totally pregnable in reality, we may have mischaracterized the aura around the BC defensemen. I offer this as a corrective:

Megan Keller puts her pants on one leg at a time.
            How many Megan Kellers does it take to screw in a lightbulb? One. She first unscrews the old one, then screws in the replacement bulb.

Comment

Originally posted by Leather helmet View Post
              Given the fact that the impregnable-on-paper BC defense has been totally pregnable in reality, we may have mischaracterized the aura around the BC defensemen. I offer this as a corrective:

Megan Keller puts her pants on one leg at a time.
              How many Megan Kellers does it take to screw in a lightbulb? One. She first unscrews the old one, then screws in the replacement bulb.
              It looks like the leather has seeped into your cranium.
              The problem isn't the D...to me anyway. It just looks like the D and O are not in sync. In years past the puck would be sent from D to a player in the neutral zone and then sent onto the forward moving into the O zone. The puck would be on a stick for 2-3 seconds on average and gone. Not happening this year. Forwards cannot continue to handle the puck that long and expect an offensive outburst. Defenses are figuring out how to defend that.

They have the players. They will turn it around.

Merry Christmas to All

Comment

Sometimes it’s not the players. Not saying it applies in this case but if they don’t turn it around, it might.

Comment

• Originally posted by Puckdrop14 View Post
                  Sometimes it’s not the players. Not saying it applies in this case but if they don’t turn it around, it might.
                  I'm not alone.

Comment

Originally posted by MrOpinion View Post
                    I'm not alone.
                    This is how you spent your Christmas huh?

Merry Christmas everyone!

Comment

This is how you spent your Christmas huh?

Merry Christmas everyone!
                      Same to you...And a Happy New Year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BzMCjFQIefg
                      At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Originally posted by Quiet Riot View Post
                        It looks like the leather has seeped into your cranium.
                        The problem isn't the D...to me anyway. It just looks like the D and O are not in sync. In years past the puck would be sent from D to a player in the neutral zone and then sent onto the forward moving into the O zone. The puck would be on a stick for 2-3 seconds on average and gone. Not happening this year. Forwards cannot continue to handle the puck that long and expect an offensive outburst. Defenses are figuring out how to defend that.
                        sounds to me like you are saying Hockey Least has added fore-checking to their repertoire
                        and maybe back-checking too
                        that would explain a lot
                        thinking back, has BC ever beaten Wisco?
                        I know they came close a couple years ago, but that took the goalie standing on her head

Comment

Originally posted by pokechecker View Post
                          thinking back, has BC ever beaten Wisco?
                          No, they have not. In the 6 games BC has played them they've been outscored 30-8 (if my Harding math is correct). If BC had played the Badgers in 2010 they might have had a 50/50 shot at a win since they were both so bad that year.
                          Last edited by bluffrinkrat; 12-26-2018, 01:47 PM. Reason: If only UW had played them when Allie Thunstrom was at BC!!
                          "Everything that rises must converge." Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

Comment

• Originally posted by bluffrinkrat View Post
                            No, they have not. In the 6 games BC has played them they've been outscored 30-8 (if my Harding math is correct). If BC had played the Badgers in 2010 they might have had a 50/50 shot at a win since they were both so bad that year.
                            I'd expect there was a 50/50 shot in our undefeated season, but the Gophers got the best of you guys so we never got to see it.

We played Wisconsin close twice in the Frozen Four. Once the 1-0 heartbreaker with the goal, what was it, 19 seconds from OT, and then the other in like 2012 or something where it was tied late, BC hit iron on a breakaway with a minute left, and Wisconsin went right down the ice and scored with like 20 seconds left to win.

Really not my favorite memories.

Comment

Really not my favorite memories.
                              That begs the question: What would be your all time favorite?
                              Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

• Originally posted by D2D View Post
                                That begs the question: What would be your all time favorite?
                                I could put together one hell of a top 10 list, but in WIH it was OT against Clarkson, no question. I completely lost it when we tied the game and then when we won I actually pulled my groin jumping out of the seat. In the highlights you can see me in the corner of the frame jumping 10 feet off the ground over and over.

The top spot is vacant though, just waiting to be filled.

Comment

Working...
                                X