Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College Women's Hockey 2018-2019: NO COMMERCIALS, NO MERCY

Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
    Meh, no surprise...I just wanted to use your name as a pun and use the word mausoleum in a sentence...
    See in MY DAY they used to call it the Conte Morgue!
    Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
    Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
    Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Recap: https://www.bcinterruption.com/bosto...inal-score-4-3

Come for the highlights, stay for the beautiful header photo

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
        Recap: https://www.bcinterruption.com/bosto...inal-score-4-3

Come for the highlights, stay for the beautiful header photo
        Thanks for the video on bad defensive play and goaltending. It can be used by the masses for improvement at all levels of hockey.
        Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
        "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
        Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
          Thanks for the video on bad defensive play and goaltending. It can be used by the masses for improvement at all levels of hockey.
          I live to serve the masses

Comment

I watched the second and third periods, and I have to say that BC looked really sloppy. The breakouts were tough, and the passes weren't connecting. A lot of the passes in the neutral zone were behind the forwards, forcing them to stop and turn their backs to the offensive zone and corral the puck, then try to start the attack from a standstill. Also, given the number of power plays BC had, the fact they only converted once is not a good sign. A lot of times they were setting up nice plays, then failing to convert. I stopped counting the number of whiffed back door shots down low in the second period, but it wasn't good. the power play did look disjointed overall, as if they were trying for the perfect goal, instead of any goal.

I'm not sure what's going on, but the forward lines don't look like they are playing as one unit. If they don't dramatically improve in the next few days, I think they lose to Northeastern next week.
            "So life's a *****. What do you want to do, cry about it? " - Kara "Starbuck" Thrace

"Wanna go get sugared up on mochas?" - Willow Rosenberg

Check my website. College hockey; it's what it's all about!

Comment

• Originally posted by Arafel View Post
              I watched the second and third periods, and I have to say that BC looked really sloppy. The breakouts were tough, and the passes weren't connecting. A lot of the passes in the neutral zone were behind the forwards, forcing them to stop and turn their backs to the offensive zone and corral the puck, then try to start the attack from a standstill. Also, given the number of power plays BC had, the fact they only converted once is not a good sign. A lot of times they were setting up nice plays, then failing to convert. I stopped counting the number of whiffed back door shots down low in the second period, but it wasn't good. the power play did look disjointed overall, as if they were trying for the perfect goal, instead of any goal.

I'm not sure what's going on, but the forward lines don't look like they are playing as one unit. If they don't dramatically improve in the next few days, I think they lose to Northeastern next week.
              Yet the write up would have you believe BC was good and dominant in every aspect of their game. Goes to show ya, don't always believe everything you read especially when the writer is apparently viewing things through rose colored glasses.

Comment

Originally posted by shelfit View Post
                Yet the write up would have you believe BC was good and dominant in every aspect of their game. Goes to show ya, don't always believe everything you read especially when the writer is apparently viewing things through rose colored glasses.
                Yeah, shots on goal and puck possession time aren't everything. I'd prefer to see crisp tape-to-tape passes, and shots that actually force the goalie to move and give up rebounds.
                "So life's a *****. What do you want to do, cry about it? " - Kara "Starbuck" Thrace

"Wanna go get sugared up on mochas?" - Willow Rosenberg

Check my website. College hockey; it's what it's all about!

Comment

Originally posted by Arafel View Post
                  Yeah, shots on goal and puck possession time aren't everything.
                  I get that, but we haven't seen possession dominance out of BC for like two years. I'm just happy to see us do it again.

I'm really not all that concerned with BC not finishing chances yet. If we're asserting possession dominance and moving the puck, the finishes are going to come. We aren't going to fix everything all at once.

We're playing a completely different game than we were last season. Last year it was all transition play, this year it's possession based and creating chances in the offensive end while we're in possession. I actually thought that our movement through the neutral zone was very good and that passes were on the whole pretty sharp.

We're LIGHT YEARS ahead of where we were against UMD, but there's still a ton of room for improvement. I'm encouraged by the rather dramatic improvement from a month and a half ago to where we are now; we are usually pretty static in how good we look we are from start to finish over the course of the season.

I'm not going to sit here and say we played anything resembling a perfect game against BU, but let's call a spade a spade here -- BC was skating circles around BU and, yes, we got burned by a few mistakes.

But if we continue to move the puck like we did last night, the goals are going to come. That and minimizing the defensive miscues are going to be what needs polishing before March.

Originally posted by Arafel View Post
                  Yeah, shots on goal and puck possession time aren't everything. I'd prefer to see crisp tape-to-tape passes, and shots that actually force the goalie to move and give up rebounds.
                  I see a team with the talent to both but who has yet to execute both. We haven't put it all together yet, but we have the ability to. If we do that -- big if, but that's why we play a season of hockey -- then we have a team good enough to win a title.

Lots of season left. If we hadn't made progress I'd be concerned, but we're definitely improved from where we started. Maybe it's just that I've watched all the games so I've seen the progression, but on the whole I was happy with what we did against BU. I'm not saying we played perfectly but I am saying that our quality of play relative to our opponent last night would 9 times out of 10 result in a blowout.
                  Last edited by TonyTheTiger20; 11-21-2018, 12:54 PM. Reason: I edited this roughly a million times as I want to very precisely articulate my thoughts

Comment

... I am saying that our quality of play relative to our opponent last night would 9 times out of 10 result in a blowout.
                    When I watched you against SLU, BC had the same type of territorial dominance. Granted that the Saints are much better than the Terriers, but I'm surprised that the blowouts aren't materializing in these games even though they always seem imminent. It's like watching Quinnipiac of a few years ago, where the Bobcats would dominate everywhere but the scoreboard.

Maybe the Eagles will post double digits on some poor HEA team, confidence will ratchet up, and they'll be back in NHL All-Star Game mode.
                    "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                    And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

• Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
                      I live to serve the masses
                      Latin or vernacular?
                      CCT '77 & '78
                      4 kids
                      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
                        Latin or vernacular?
                        Yes

Comment

Surprised it took bc two games to reach double digits in goals against HC... At least bc didn't let them score on them this time.
                          At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

• Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
                            Surprised it took bc two games to reach double digits in goals against HC... At least bc didn't let them score on them this time.
                            Molly Barrow with her first career shutout! The players seemed very happy about it.

Comment

Molly Barrow with her first career shutout! The players seemed very happy about it.
                              Couldn't be happier if it were my own kid today. Molly is the best kid...nobody nicer. It starts with her parents....so nice.
                              I actually texted the coaches...KATIE WHO?

So proud Molly!!! great job!!!

Comment

Final thoughts for BC/NU: https://www.bcinterruption.com/bosto...ts-predictions

Comment

Working...
                                X