X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Boston College Women's Hockey 2018-2019: NO COMMERCIALS, NO MERCY

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
    I mean I "played" intramurals at BC, but I don't think that qualifies lol
    You're weren't looking for a serious reply on this, but I hope you won't mind a quick one.

It really depends on what the intramural program offers, and who chooses to participate. I'll describe the program I'm most familiar with. Keep in mind this information is decades old. But I doubt things have changed all that much.

Four levels of play were offered. D League was for beginners. I'd have to concede that D League wasn't really recognizable as hockey. Those guys didn't even use the offside rule. In contrast, A League included former high school varsity players, current club team members and solid recreational players. Was that elite level hockey? Of course not. But was it hockey involving some level of skill and knowledge of the sport? Of course it was.

Comment

Originally posted by Boston Hockey View Post
      . Should score more than 2 Goals all season to be on a top line, penalty kill lost it for BC and the 5 on 3 was awful in the last game - Ohio scored on their power play , BC didn't - that was the difference
      Obviously, you don't know what you're talking about. Some players are skaters and some are scorers. Some are grinders and some are scared to go into the corners first and/or don't back check. Some can play defense and some don't. This years team would be .500 without players like Kent, Newkirk and Beres... players that can play both ends of the ice and are tough on the boards. Beres is that type of player. The scorers need those players to get them the puck.
      The only way she wouldn't have more than 2 goals is if they didn't pass to her when she was open. Heck, you could probably score 15 goals on that 1st line...if they passed you the puck.

I assume you are a newbie on the board that has a daughter coming to or already on the team. Good luck next year. That team is going to be stacked. It may just be the best team they've ever had. Playing time is going to be awful tough to come by.
      I can't wait to watch them...and the Frozen Four is somewhat local next year.

Comment

WOW,

TTT, another know it all. this forum is full of them.
        We should assume you know more since your screen name has hockey in it? There isn't a recruit coming in that hustles more, dives in front of pucks more, gets killed in front to the net more (maybe Connolly would give her a run for that task) or is more unselfish. Do that math.

Comment

Haven't seen her play that much, but every team would love to have a Beres! Really doesn't matter what line she is on, you will get the same effort and determination on every shift. The goal scorers wouldn't be nearly as successful without someone like that supporting them with that style of play...just sayin!

Comment

Originally posted by wh fan View Post
            haven't seen her play that much, but every team would love to have a beres!
            ABSOLUTELY!l!
            Last edited by TonyTheTiger20; 03-25-2018, 01:43 PM.
            Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
            Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
            Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Originally posted by Quiet Riot View Post
              Obviously, you don't know what you're talking about. Some players are skaters and some are scorers. Some are grinders and some are scared to go into the corners first and/or don't back check. Some can play defense and some don't. This years team would be .500 without players like Kent, Newkirk and Beres... players that can play both ends of the ice and are tough on the boards. Beres is that type of player. The scorers need those players to get them the puck.
              The only way she wouldn't have more than 2 goals is if they didn't pass to her when she was open. Heck, you could probably score 15 goals on that 1st line...if they passed you the puck.

I assume you are a newbie on the board that has a daughter coming to or already on the team. Good luck next year. That team is going to be stacked. It may just be the best team they've ever had. Playing time is going to be awful tough to come by.
              I can't wait to watch them...and the Frozen Four is somewhat local next year.
              you are delusional , obviously never played, you obviously have no clue about hockey - check the stats , your oblivious , I coach high end hockey not yell from the stands
              Last edited by Boston Hockey; 03-25-2018, 12:48 PM.

Comment

you are delusional , obviously never played, you obviously have no clue about hockey - check the stats , your oblivious , I coach high end hockey not yell from the stands
                Seriously, if you're a BC fan, stop.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
                  Seriously, if you're a BC fan, stop.
                  Not a Bc fan - I am a hockey coach who shakes his head on stupid comments

Comment

Not a Bc fan - I am a hockey coach who shakes his head on stupid comments
                    If it's true that you're not a BC fan (or parent) then I'm relieved to hear it.

Comment

Oh, high end hockey...ok then. I have no idea what I'm talking about then. High end? Does that mean you are a coach for Wellesley mite B or maybe North Andover Squirt C?
                      2 high end towns. of maybe bc jr eagles u16?

Ya, the stat sheet...maybe I should have looked at that. So, with your "check the stat sheet" comment it doesn't matter what a player does without the puck now? Do D1 coaches ever take into account hard work or hustle? Now they only look for scorers when recruiting? if so then I must be delusional as you say.
                      With that high end logic, Kent would have been a D3 player, not the best all around hockey player on the BC team. Please go back to the dboard.

All "high end" coach means is that you get to yell from the bench. But I bet you'll say that you've never ever done that before.

High end...geez...I should have known.

Comment

Originally posted by Quiet Riot View Post
                        Oh, high end hockey...ok then. I have no idea what I'm talking about then. High end? Does that mean you are a coach for Wellesley mite B or maybe North Andover Squirt C?
                        2 high end towns. of maybe bc jr eagles u16?

Ya, the stat sheet...maybe I should have looked at that. So, with your "check the stat sheet" comment it doesn't matter what a player does without the puck now? Do D1 coaches ever take into account hard work or hustle? Now they only look for scorers when recruiting? if so then I must be delusional as you say.
                        With that high end logic, Kent would have been a D3 player, not the best all around hockey player on the BC team. Please go back to the dboard.

All "high end" coach means is that you get to yell from the bench. But I bet you'll say that you've never ever done that before.

High end...geez...I should have known.
                        He probably coaches U12 girls travel hockey and considers himself on par with college coaches. Lol. I don't believe too many real "high end" coaches would come on here to post, just people that have a high end opinion of their own opinions.
                        Last edited by shelfit; 03-25-2018, 04:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by shelfit View Post
                          He probably coaches U12 girls travel hockey and considers himself on par with college coaches. Lol. I don't believe too many real "high end" coaches would come on here to post, just people that have a high end opinion of their own opinions.
                          Ya, agreed. Anyone that has to announce that they're high end is a bit self absorbed.
                          It's kind of like when you go to Northeastern's rink and the announcer says over the loud speaker..."Welcome to historic Matthews Arena". Aanyone that has to announce that they are historic kind of takes away the luster. Don't get me wrong, it's my favorite rink and it truly is historic but having to announce it is a bit cheesy.

Comment

Originally posted by Boston Hockey
                            Typical BC parent - check your blood pressure - you have been triggered- go back to your safe place snowflakes ,
                            Yes, with that attitude I'm certain you're a high end coach....you know, one with patience and an appreciation for the opinion of others, etc. And I'm sure you don't yell at kids. Lmfao!!! What a perfect idiot!

Comment

Originally posted by shelfit View Post
                              Yes, with that attitude I'm certain you're a high end coach....you know, one with patience and an appreciation for the opinion of others, etc. And I'm sure you don't yell at kids. Lmfao!!! What a perfect idiot!
                              Another tough guy behind a keyboard

Comment

Another tough guy behind a keyboard

So you, Mr High End Hockey Coach, decided you would wade into the small little community of women's hockey fans and exhibit maximum obnoxiousness because some fan in Boston expressed an opinion about lines for next year's team without seeing the newcomers play. Is that right?

Is it all right if us folks in Minnesota express an opinion without having all the facts? Or is this rule, Mr High End Hockey Coach, just for the people in Boston?

Never mind, I don't want to hear anything from you.

Comment

Working...
                                X