• Re: Boston College Women's Hockey 2018-2019: NO COMMERCIALS, NO MERCY

Real talk: https://www.bcinterruption.com/bosto...inal-score-4-3
    Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
    Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
    Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

• Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
      All that talent. Is it time to declare what BC Womens Hockey lacks ?
      A better coach who will demand effort on every shift along with Teamwork ! They've had the most talented team for at least 7 years, yet no results !

Comment

• Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
        2:20 seems awfully long for a college game. Did someone get hurt or did something break?
        CCT '77 & '78
        4 kids
        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
          2:20 seems awfully long for a college game. Did someone get hurt or did something break?
          I suspect that the periodic TV timeouts and the overtime were the two most important contributing factors.
          Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
            It was televised so there were media timeouts. Also went to OT and had 9 goals but the TV timeouts were the main reason.

Comment

In all honesty, I'd be more encouraged by this loss than most of their "meh" wins. Northeastern was better than I expected, and I still thought BC was the better team (at least until OT).
              "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
              And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

"For All We Know this may be a dream..."

Then follow it up with..."When Your Life Was Low"
                At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

One thing I don’t get about this team is the devotion to four year starting goalies. McArthur is probably a fine goalie but she’s being put in tough situations for a freshman. And if she ever gets hurt, how steep is the drop off to the next goalie?

Thought your article was great Grant.

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
                    In all honesty, I'd be more encouraged by this loss than most of their "meh" wins. Northeastern was better than I expected, and I still thought BC was the better team (at least until OT).
                    This is the thing. bc has the talent to match-up with the top three teams in the country. They need that talent challenged by other teams in Hockey (L)east. They got that last night from Northeastern and they need challenging games from BU and Providence as well this year. It does them no good to coast through their league schedule, padding their offensive statistics, and then get into the post season and not respond well to teams that can match their speed and put pressure on them. You can't just continue to do the same things and expect different results when the pressure ramps up in high profile games.
                    At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

I can think of a men's team in maroon and gold they seem to be playing like, and it isn't the BC men's team.

Comment

Originally posted by pokechecker View Post
                        I can think of a men's team in maroon and gold they seem to be playing like, and it isn't the BC men's team.
                        I think I know who you mean. Although at the moment that team has a higher Pairwise ranking than BC (41 vs. 52).
                        Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

DOUBLE hate week! https://www.bcinterruption.com/bosto...ts-predictions

Comment

The jury is out on whether or not Tuesday was a choke. It's possible that Northeastern is just better than you and you were only in the game because the Huskies gave away the first period. Isn't that comforting?
                            "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                            And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
                              You need to turn off your Eagle-blind eyes Grant. I watched that first BC-BU game; BC didn't dominate the way you thought they did. That game was very close to being a tie.
                              "So life's a *****. What do you want to do, cry about it? " - Kara "Starbuck" Thrace

"Wanna go get sugared up on mochas?" - Willow Rosenberg

Check my website. College hockey; it's what it's all about!

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
                                The jury is out on whether or not Tuesday was a choke. It's possible that Northeastern is just better than you and you were only in the game because the Huskies gave away the first period. Isn't that comforting?
                                This could very well be true! But giving up a goal on an EAG and then giving up an OT winner is a pretty definitive definition of a choke.

Originally posted by Arafel View Post
                                You need to turn off your Eagle-blind eyes Grant. I watched that first BC-BU game; BC didn't dominate the way you thought they did. That game was very close to being a tie.
                                We can agree to disagree. FWIW you said you didn't watch the first period, which was a clowning. BU didn't get a single shot on goal until they scored with 5 minutes left in the period. The second was good and the third was fine. On the whole the game was non-competitive save for our defensive faceplants, which, as you point out, made the game very close to being a tie. But from a game flow perspective, BC was coming in waves.

But, like I said -- you're free to disagree with that. I don't know why it matters. We managed to not choke that one away and here we are.
                                Last edited by TonyTheTiger20; 11-30-2018, 10:54 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X