Boston College Women's Hockey 2018-2019: NO COMMERCIALS, NO MERCY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Still Eeyore View Post
    But wouldn't have pulled their goalie at the end of Friday's game, so the series probably would have been tied already.
    This is true -- though unfortunately we'd have to give the series win to Northeastern anyway thanks to their five precious away goals.
    Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
    Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
    Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

• Re: Boston College Women's Hockey 2018-2019: NO COMMERCIALS, NO MERCY

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
      This is true -- though unfortunately we'd have to give the series win to Northeastern anyway thanks to their five precious away goals.
      That isn't the way it used to work in the WCHA back in the day. If total goals was tied at the end of regulation of the second game, then the teams played sudden death until someone scored. Advancement was never determined by an obscure tiebreaker, but on the ice.
      "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
      And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

• Originally posted by ARM View Post
        That isn't the way it used to work in the WCHA back in the day. If total goals was tied at the end of regulation of the second game, then the teams played sudden death until someone scored. Advancement was never determined by an obscure tiebreaker, but on the ice.
        I was just joking lol, away goals is stupid as it is but would be asinine in hockey haha

Comment

Originally posted by Still Eeyore View Post
          But wouldn't have pulled their goalie at the end of Friday's game, so the series probably would have been tied already.
          Yes, of course you're right, BC never would have pulled their goalie in the first game. I hadn't looked look at the box scores, just the scores of the 2 games. But, my main point anyway was that there were games that I went to "back in the day" when a team was ahead in the 2nd game and would still pull their goalie to try and even up the total goals and force an overtime. I don't miss those games. Sorta channeling Ernie Banks, "Let's play two" or in this case three!
          Last edited by bluffrinkrat; 01-13-2019, 04:44 PM. Reason: In total goal series always look at box scores before you leap?
          "Everything that rises must converge." Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

Comment

Surely BC can pull off a 4 point weekend... right? https://www.bcinterruption.com/bosto...ts-predictions

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
              Surely BC can pull off a 4 point weekend... right? https://www.bcinterruption.com/bosto...ts-predictions
              Maybe if they had a Shirley in their lineup?
              At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Lots of trash talking there Grant...

a far weaker opponent...2nd worst team in Hockey East...Half Baked...a stress-free affair...a 3-1, 4-0 sweep

Based on past experience I'm thinking you should have just stuck to your byline: "Are things better? We don’t really know!"
                Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                  Lots of trash talking there Grant...

a far weaker opponent...2nd worst team in Hockey East...Half Baked...a stress-free affair...a 3-1, 4-0 sweep

Based on past experience I'm thinking you should have just stuck to your byline: "Are things better? We don’t really know!"
                  I was overdue for some optimism!

I was going to make the song of the week "Because I Got High" but decided that was a step too far lol

EDIT: Also, UVM is undeniably a far weaker opponent than NU, right? And I also said, factually, that UVM is 2nd worst in Hockey East "based on both goals scored and goals allowed". AND I'm pretty sure I said, in italicized font, that "in fking theory!" it should be a stress-free affair. Let's be fair about context here!
                  Last edited by TonyTheTiger20; 01-18-2019, 11:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
                    Surely, you can't be serious....

Comment

I noted how much more entertaining this thread is than in past years. Since so many of the 'Solid 17' are numbers guys, I thought I would attempt to capture this in an equation:

EV=.85(.67-BCwp)

Where EV is the Entertainment Value of the thread, and BCwp is BC's winning percentage. I have determined that there is a negative correlation between BC's dominance and how much fun this thread is.

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
                        BC is a black hole for scorers, she wouldn't do much for them.
                        Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                        Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                        Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                        "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                        Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Leather helmet View Post
                          I have determined that there is a negative correlation between BC's dominance and how much fun this thread is.
                          You're using too small of a sample size. It was very fun in the early days of BC rising to prominence. Fun, though seldom rational.
                          "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                          And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
                            You're using too small of a sample size. It was very fun in the early days of BC rising to prominence. Fun, though seldom rational.
                            Man those were the days...

Comment

UVM doesn't appear to archive video footage so traditional recap today: https://www.bcinterruption.com/bosto...ont-catamounts

Power play is 0 for their last 18 and 2 for their last 33, dating back to -- SURPRISE!! -- the NU game that kicked off the 1-6-0 stretch. Before this stretch it was 2nd in the country and we were coming off a 12-1-0 stretch. Getting that fixed will help things uhhh a lot I think.

Comment

Your weekly dose of final thoughts: https://www.bcinterruption.com/bosto...ts-predictions

Let's GOOO

Comment

Working...
                                X