Boston College Women's Hockey 2018-2019: NO COMMERCIALS, NO MERCY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ARM View Post
    More than that until the good part. Here is the schedule from a BC perspective as I see it:
    April-August - players train and improve;
    September - school begins; players back on ice; others learn a lot from returning Olympians;
    October - BC crushes a young UMD team and several HEA foes by using the strategy of never letting them possess the puck;
    November - Grant tries to contain his giddiness while watching the Eagles blow out everyone in sight;
    December - Grant puts together mid-season highlight videos, researches scoring records that will be broken, and attempts to devise a new ranking system that fully captures BC's brilliance;
    January - Grant no longer attempts to contain his giddiness and spends most of his days giggling in anticipation;
    February - Everyone (not just Grant) has decided that BC earning the title is just a formality;
    early March - Grant covets an NCAA quarterfinal matchup versus RIT;
    the Frozen Four - for the first time all season, the Eagles discover that the puck is somewhere other than on their sticks or in the opponent's net (what happens next is really the only part of the story that we don't already know).
    Very entertaining read. Loved it! Classic.

Comment

• Re: Boston College Women's Hockey 2018-2019: NO COMMERCIALS, NO MERCY

Originally posted by ARM View Post
      ...the title is just a formality...
      selective reading...
      At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
        So much so that Wisconsin could put a cardboard cutout out there in goal and still a .900 save % and a less than 2 gaa.
        They should send out 6 skaters then just take turns in net when they get tired.
        Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
        "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
        Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
          I think bc might try that... They have Keller who can change in and out of the goalie equipment so fast you'd hardly even notice it and even if she she didn't get changed out of the goalie equipment in time (nearly impossible that she wouldn't, but just for argument's sake) she's good enough to skate out with the equipment on.
          At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
            the problem is that they don't ever get tired. best conditioned team I've seen.

Comment

• Originally posted by Quiet Riot View Post
              the problem is that they don't ever get tired. best conditioned team I've seen.
              I watched BC’s game against OSU and BC did not look like a well conditioned team. They did have a good third period and looked a lot better but fact is, the Buckeyes really took it to them during the first two periods and looked like the well conditioned team. A week later, they did the same to Clarkson who also looked sluggish.

Comment

• Originally posted by Puckdrop14 View Post
                I watched BC’s game against OSU and BC did not look like a well conditioned team. They did have a good third period and looked a lot better but fact is, the Buckeyes really took it to them during the first two periods and looked like the well conditioned team. A week later, they did the same to Clarkson who also looked sluggish.
                If BC looked better in the 3rd than in the first two periods, wouldn't that mean...........

Nevermind, forget it.
                Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

• Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
                  If BC looked better in the 3rd than in the first two periods, wouldn't that mean...........

Nevermind, forget it.
                  When your back is against the wall, you do overcome things like fatigue. I get what you were about to say but I did not see a team that was keeping up for the better part of the game.

Comment

• Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post

Nevermind, forget it.
                    They seemed a bit tired, but I still think they had a Goodyear.

Comment

Originally posted by Puckdrop14 View Post
                      I watched BC’s game against OSU and BC did not look like a well conditioned team.
                      But if you follow the thread back, I thought Quiet Riot was talking about UW. That was the team referenced in the post he quoted.
                      "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                      And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

• Originally posted by ARM View Post
                        But if you follow the thread back, I thought Quiet Riot was talking about UW. That was the team referenced in the post he quoted.
                        I did and wasn’t sure as the discussion moved from UW to BC. I would agree if the comment was on UW conditioning.

Comment

most
                          worthless
                          thread
                          ever

Comment

Originally posted by pokechecker View Post
                            most
                            worthless
                            thread
                            ever
                            Yeah and the thread falsely advertises "NO COMMERCIALS,'' too. Just can't believe what you read anymore.
                            Last edited by bluffrinkrat; 04-10-2018, 07:54 AM. Reason: Zesty Paws Omega?
                            "Everything that rises must converge." Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

Comment

Originally posted by Puckdrop14 View Post
                              I did and wasn’t sure as the discussion moved from UW to BC. I would agree if the comment was on UW conditioning.
                              I was referring to WI. I watched the game against Colgate. WI was as fresh as 2nd period and Colgate was hanging on for dear life.

Comment

TTT did you hear the latest transfer bombshell? Oh Boy. 7.2 on Richter scale.
                                Not a done deal yet but if true...building jumpers for sure.

Comment

Working...
                                X