No announcement yet.

Boston College Women's Hockey 2018-2019: NO COMMERCIALS, NO MERCY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good ! They shouldn't have even been in OT !!
    Is it time for that Coach to go yet ? Classless move Crowley !

Comment

• Re: Boston College Women's Hockey 2018-2019: NO COMMERCIALS, NO MERCY

Originally posted by MrOpinion View Post
      Good ! They shouldn't have even been in OT !!
      Is it time for that Coach to go yet ? Classless move Crowley !
      The play in question was shown a couple of times in slow motion on the broadcast and if it was off, it was only off by maybe a second. A lot of unnecessary whining for that.
      At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Not real familiar with Crowley but I watched this game and she should have been penalized and this game should not have been in OT. Refs in women's college hockey look lost half the time.

Comment

Originally posted by Milty View Post
          Refs in women's college hockey look lost half the time.
          Unfortunately, true...
          At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Here's my recap which is very late thanks to driving and then scrambling to do coverage of the whole bracket fiasco:
            https://www.bcinterruption.com/bosto...t-championship

I have some thoughts about the tying goal.

First, the review was because someone thought BC's goalie was on the ice when the goal was scored (we had the extra skater on), which didn't happen and that's silly because that's not reviewable anyway. The whole thing was a mess, including the fact that they screwed the clock up, twice. I don't blame the bench for being apoplectic at what was going on. The people acting like there was some classless "cheating" thing going on need to stop and take a deep breath. Nothing that happened before the puck was dropped had any effect on what happened with the 12 players on the ice after the puck was dropped.

Second... Man, I've watched a lot of hockey, and the recency bias is strong with this one, but I don't think I've ever experienced a moment like that at any level. The fact that the play happened so quickly, while everyone's focus wasn't even on the puck being dropped, the fact that my angle was looking directly down the angle of the shot and watched it fly over the shoulder and hit the net, the fact that we were so, so certain that the game was over and, the fact that we hadn't gotten any chances the last several minutes, and the fact that NU had just had an empty netter overturned... My God, that was just a perfect storm of shock and disbelief. Such a shame to have lost after a moment like that. I can't say enough how stunned we all were.
            Last edited by TonyTheTiger20; 03-11-2019, 10:11 AM.
            Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
            Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
            Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

• Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
              Here's my recap which is very late thanks to driving and then scrambling to do coverage of the whole bracket fiasco:
              https://www.bcinterruption.com/bosto...t-championship

I have some thoughts about the tying goal.

First, the review was because someone thought BC's goalie was on the ice when the goal was scored (we had the extra skater on), which didn't happen and that's silly because that's not reviewable anyway. The whole thing was a mess, including the fact that they screwed the clock up, twice. I don't blame the bench for being apoplectic at what was going on. The people acting like there was some classless "cheating" thing going on need to stop and take a deep breath. Nothing that happened before the puck was dropped had any effect on what happened with the 12 players on the ice after the puck was dropped.

Second... Man, I've watched a lot of hockey, and the recency bias is strong with this one, but I don't think I've ever experienced a moment like that at any level. The fact that the play happened so quickly, while everyone's focus wasn't even on the puck being dropped, the fact that my angle was looking directly down the angle of the shot and watched it fly over the shoulder and hit the net, the fact that we were so, so certain that the game was over and, the fact that we hadn't gotten any chances the last several minutes, and the fact that NU had just had an empty netter overturned... My God, that was just a perfect storm of shock and disbelief. Such a shame to have lost after a moment like that. I can't say enough how stunned we all were.
              No mention cheating from me. Just pointing out the stupidity of a entitled coach almost single handedly cost her team a chance of winning that game ! Losing control of her emotions. Dumb.
              The best part is NESN had the camera positioned perfectly to Catch the B.C player picking up the note pad off the ice as 10 high 5's the bench !! Hahahahaha

Comment

Originally posted by MrOpinion View Post
                No mention cheating from me. Just pointing out the stupidity of a entitled coach almost single handedly cost her team a chance of winning that game ! Losing control of her emotions. Dumb.
                The best part is NESN had the camera positioned perfectly to Catch the B.C player picking up the note pad off the ice as 10 high 5's the bench !! Hahahahaha
                What exactly happened?
                Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Hey Grant,

The final bcinterruption bracketology column showed up in my Google 'front page' newsfeed this morning. Yeah, a day late, and they 'know' that I have been to bcinterruption.com a number of times over the past couple weeks. But still....

Comment

Originally posted by robertearle View Post
                    Hey Grant,

The final bcinterruption bracketology column showed up in my Google 'front page' newsfeed this morning. Yeah, a day late, and they 'know' that I have been to bcinterruption.com a number of times over the past couple weeks. But still....
                    Ha excellent!! We had over 2,000 clicks on that post. 90% of our football posts don't have those numbers.

Comment

Glad to see the game from Sunday (or any women's hockey game for that matter) on TV. But, the announcers for the game were horrible.

Is it too much to ask that one of the two might know that the ref cannot blow his whistle on an icing call until one of the players from the defending team reaches the faceoff dot? They kept stopping the replay when the puck crossed the goal line without a BC player in sight and said that is when the clock should have stopped. Wrong, wrong, WRONG! The two extra seconds would have been nice, but try to know the rules of the sport that you have been selected to announce.

Comment

• Originally posted by Double Eagle View Post
                        Glad to see the game from Sunday (or any women's hockey game for that matter) on TV. But, the announcers for the game were horrible.

Is it too much to ask that one of the two might know that the ref cannot blow his whistle on an icing call until one of the players from the defending team reaches the faceoff dot? They kept stopping the replay when the puck crossed the goal line without a BC player in sight and said that is when the clock should have stopped. Wrong, wrong, WRONG! The two extra seconds would have been nice, but try to know the rules of the sport that you have been selected to announce.
                        Make's the antics by the Coaching staff even MORE laughable ! They first cost the team a few tenths on the clock then apparently they weren't satisfied and proceeded to try and blow the entire game.

Comment

I haven't been watching but was this coach ever disciplined for throwing her clipboard? Seemed childish to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Milty View Post
                            I haven't been watching but was this coach ever disciplined for throwing her clipboard? Seemed childish to me.
                            When has childish behavior ever been punished in our game? Miller threw a bottle of orange PowerAde or some such concoction onto the middle of the ice during play in 2010, that required several minutes of attempted cleanup. The officials tried to give UMD a 2-minute bench minor. She said, "You can't prove it came from our bench." The referees then agreed, because it was the DECC after all, and it could have been the Chancellor throwing stuff, as she was wont to do. UMD went on to win the game, the season title, and the national championship. Maybe Crowley is trying to tap into that "Nice guys finish last" way of thinking.
                            "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                            And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

The manufactured outrage over this is such a waste of energy. The clock operator screwed the the clock and did not put up the amount of time the refs said to put up. She was trying to get someone's attention to fix the clock. She was doing whatever was necessary to give her team a fair finish. What was she supposed to do, just let it go? In the last few seconds of a championship game? This was not a disagreement with the refs over how much time should be left. This was the clock operator not putting up what the refs told them to put up. Yeah maybe she crossed a line, but this is a non-story. I'm sure she got a talking to from the league. What do you want, a suspension? GTFOOH. I want my coach fighting for our players.

It had exactly zero to do with the goal and the outcome. And NU won anyway. People need to get over it. People are acting like she took to the ice with a chainsaw. This is the equivalent of an icing call in the realm of coaching antics.

That's the last I'm saying about this. On to Clarkson.
                              Last edited by TonyTheTiger20; 03-13-2019, 07:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
                                That's the last I'm saying about this. On to Clarksville.
                                Don't miss the train!
                                https://youtu.be/ZcXpKiY2MXE
                                Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Working...
                                X