Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College Women's Hockey 2018-2019: NO COMMERCIALS, NO MERCY

Originally posted by DC78-82 View Post
    With all due respect, UNH, with 6 sophomores and 5 freshmen in the regular rotation, and our "#1 goalie" red shirting with an injury, is quietly learning how to play together, on this level, and most importantly win, from behind or otherwise. I have no problem with the fact that it is happening under the radar. Sure, it would be great to have the VT series back as a do-over, but we have a solid win against CT, have already won the series against highly touted Merrimack, with a game left against them, and lost to a very strong Providence team 1 - 0 with less than 5 minutes left to play as part of a 6 game skid. Despite a dismal record thus far, we've only lost one game by more than 2 goals, to Northeastern. The 3 games we've lost by 2, the final opposition goals were empty netters. We've not lost since the aforementioned 3-0 debacle. We have a lot of must win games in the future, but mission accomplished on the first one.

As a side note, and just an observation based on 1 game, for all her talent, Kellar was a real hack.
    with all due respect, you will NEVER know what it's like to play with the talent and strength of Keller. Heck, you can't even spell her name correctly.
    One of the main reasons that Hockey East doesn't win National Titles is the officiating. Not that it is bad (I can't believe I even wrote that) but because they call too many penalties when really good players are in the vicinity of a player that falls down too easily. Hard play on the boards, strong on the stick, and riding players off the puck are the staple for any really good team. Refs in H/E call the marginal penalty when it is regular play in the ECAC, IVY and WCHA. Carpenter got a 5 minute penalty with 5 minutes left because she hit the boards too hard and the other player fell. She NEVER touched the girl. They called the noise. They also called icing when BC cleared it down to Harvard's end with 15 seconds left...WHILE SHE WAS STILL IN THE BOX.
    faceoff at center ice...game over.

Until the H/E refs call the game the way the great players play, like they do in MN WI NY OH, they are putting the girls at a huge disadvantage.

Keller has never been and will never be a hack. As good as she is she is even stronger. It's awful that she gets ridiculous calls because of that fact.

Comment

• Originally posted by Quiet Riot View Post
      with all due respect, you will NEVER know what it's like to play with the talent and strength of Keller. Heck, you can't even spell her name correctly.
      One of the main reasons that Hockey East doesn't win National Titles is the officiating. Not that it is bad (I can't believe I even wrote that) but because they call too many penalties when really good players are in the vicinity of a player that falls down too easily. Hard play on the boards, strong on the stick, and riding players off the puck are the staple for any really good team. Refs in H/E call the marginal penalty when it is regular play in the ECAC, IVY and WCHA. Carpenter got a 5 minute penalty with 5 minutes left because she hit the boards too hard and the other player fell. She NEVER touched the girl. They called the noise. They also called icing when BC cleared it down to Harvard's end with 15 seconds left...WHILE SHE WAS STILL IN THE BOX.

Until the H/E refs call the game the way the great players play, like they do in MN WI NY OH, they are putting the girls at a huge disadvantage.

Keller has never been and will never be a hack. As good as she is she is even stronger. It's awful that she gets ridiculous calls because of that fact.
      I completely agree that HE refs call every single marginal play. It disrupts the whole game. It turns a game worth watching into an endless slog of special teams. Who wants to watch that?

Comment

Originally posted by Quiet Riot View Post

Got...To...Show...Restraint.

Nope can't do it...

When Megan Keller "hacks" a player and they fall down do they make a sound when they hit the ice? Technically yes, but with no one in the stands watching...
        At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Originally posted by Quiet Riot View Post
          but because they call too many penalties when really good players are in the vicinity of a player that falls down too easily. As good as she is she is even stronger. It's awful that she gets ridiculous calls because of that fact.
          Roque for UW has the same problem. She is so strong on her skates that when battling a weaker opponent along the boards or anywhere and they fall down, she gets a penalty.
          Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
          Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
          "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
          Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
            Roque for UW has the same problem. She is so strong on her skates that when battling a weaker opponent along the boards or anywhere and they fall down, she gets a penalty.
            Sorry, but Roque has this problem because she commits penalties.

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
              Got...To...Show...Restraint.

Nope can't do it...

When Megan Keller "hacks" a player and they fall down do they make a sound when they hit the ice? Technically yes, but with no one in the stands watching...
              There was a specific play in the 3rd where she pinched a UNH forward on the boards behind the net, and proceeded to slam her head into the glass 3 times. Neither player went down, and matching roughing ensued because the UNH player raised her arms to protect herself. As I said, it was an opinion based on a 1 game sample size, and given her talent level, I was surprised, but as someone said, frustration was likely a contributing factor.
              "A ROCK BAND IS NOT A PERFECT DEMOCRACY. IT'S LIKE A SPORTS TEAM. NO ONE CAN DO WITHOUT THE OTHER, BUT EVERYBODY DOESN'T GET TO TOUCH THE BALL ALL THE TIME." Don Henley

Comment

• Originally posted by Still Eeyore View Post
                Hahahaha
                Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Originally posted by Still Eeyore View Post
                  We can agree to disagree. At least she isn't pounding opponent's heads into the glass, even I could see through the Cardinal glasses that that type of play is forbidden.
                  Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                  Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                  Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                  "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                  Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

I've seen Keller play enough to know that the play DC78-82 describes is out of character. Certainly plays a strong and aggressive game.

Sorry BADgers supporters but Roque has aggressive tendencies that lead to penalties although not of the magnitude of the Lamergoons.

Oh and Trivigno was more feisty than Keller.
                    Last edited by FiveHoleFrenzy; 01-08-2019, 10:15 AM. Reason: Calling someone a Hack is just too harsh

Comment

Roque is a power forward; power forwards sometimes use too much power. As a coach, I can live with her penalties because of what else she brings to the team. Most of the Keller penalties that I've observed over the years come when she attempts to use her reach to get the puck but plays through the opponent and knocks her down. I'm sure that her intent is to play the puck, but because she is bigger/stronger, it has a similar effect as a check. In any case, her penalty minutes are down this year from her earlier college years. The BC player I would have an issue with as a coach is Connolly; she doesn't produce enough offensively to justify that many penalty minutes as a forward.
                      "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                      And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                        exactly, I posted that a while back about Abby. She gets penalized for being strong. Don't get me wrong, she does take penalties but the threshold for those that she takes is much lower than 95% of the players.

Refs should be required to wear ear protection. It would serve 2 purposes...save the crap calls when a player falls on their own into the boards and protect them from loud fans (not me) getting their ire up.

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
                          Roque is a power forward; power forwards sometimes use too much power. As a coach, I can live with her penalties because of what else she brings to the team. Most of the Keller penalties that I've observed over the years come when she attempts to use her reach to get the puck but plays through the opponent and knocks her down. I'm sure that her intent is to play the puck, but because she is bigger/stronger, it has a similar effect as a check. In any case, her penalty minutes are down this year from her earlier college years. The BC player I would have an issue with as a coach is Connolly; she doesn't produce enough offensively to justify that many penalty minutes as a forward.

Connolly has done that since the beginning of time and noone has been able to coach it out of her. I saw her get some dumb penalties as a U12 in a tournament.

Comment

Preview for this weekend: https://www.bcinterruption.com/bosto...ts-predictions

Surprised at how much a sweep (as impossible as it looks) would lift BC in the Pairwise. In a vacuum we wouldn't pick up any positions, but we'd put ourselves back with that huge group from 4-7 in RPI (though we'd still be 10th weirdly because of some flipped comparisons).
                            Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                            Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                            Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
                              Preview for this weekend: https://www.bcinterruption.com/bosto...ts-predictions

Surprised at how much a sweep (as impossible as it looks) would lift BC in the Pairwise. In a vacuum we wouldn't pick up any positions, but we'd put ourselves back with that huge group from 4-7 in RPI (though we'd still be 10th weirdly because of some flipped comparisons).
                              The infinite Escher staircase is brilliant. Only a Huskies' fan wouldn't feel your pain after seeing that.

Comment

Very interested in streaming this game tonight. It "feels" like bc should be able to sweep given their talent and you sort of expect that they will just flip a switch and turn on the power that has been mostly dormant so far this year.

Comment

Working...
                                X