X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.30: "Stormy Weather...It Keeps on Rainin' all the Time..."

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    You won't hear me whine at all. It is what I want. Pull out of Afghanistan and Iraq, too. And Somalia and Syria and South Sudan and Yemen (shhh, those are just "advisors"...).

That's a parade we can have; when the last US solider leaves the last warzone and we are at peace.

And then cut the military budget by 70%.
    Glad we can be in agreement on the whole MEA invasion stuff. Think we could reach a deal on some of that military budget going towards improving quality of the VA Hospitals (or insurance geared towards those who served; I'm not too keen on the whole socialized medicine thing but we do have to keep the word of whomever thought that was a good idea) and maybe towards helping to combat PTSD? Hopefully not nearly as much as what the budget is now.

Any coloring books and Play-Doh left over that we could give to Lockheed Martin in response to their impending whining?

Comment

Betsy DeVos says schools will do better with less money. She should have been Secretary of Defense.

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
        Betsy DeVos says schools will do better with less money. She should have been Secretary of Defense.
        She should've tried that with her donations to Trump. Something tells me she wouldn't be in the same position she is now.
        Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

She has a point. We need policies of deflation and resourcefulness.

Comment

Sure, for the military.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
              Glad we can be in agreement on the whole MEA invasion stuff. Think we could reach a deal on some of that military budget going towards improving quality of the VA Hospitals (or insurance geared towards those who served; I'm not too keen on the whole socialized medicine thing but we do have to keep the word of whomever thought that was a good idea) and maybe towards helping to combat PTSD? Hopefully not nearly as much as what the budget is now.

Any coloring books and Play-Doh left over that we could give to Lockheed Martin in response to their impending whining?
              Medical care for veterans should be handled by the VA until we finally grow up and go to single payer. I don't want a dollar of non-military spending going to the War Department (which we ought to rename it). Don't give them a chance to launder any important dollars.
              Cornell University
              National Champion 1967, 1970
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                Medical care for veterans should be handled by the VA until we finally grow up and go to single payer. I don't want a dollar of non-military spending going to the War Department (which we ought to rename it). Don't give them a chance to launder any important dollars.
                How did VA care go from taking care of people who decided to put their lives on the line for our country to socialized medicine???

That is a total stretch. Should be part of the cost of having an army and fighting a war. If someone is willing to do that, they should get some kind of care for the rest of their lives instead of just accepting that we cheer them at sporting events. Our we have socialized defense, anyway.

Just "saying" thanks isn't good enough for them, IMHO. The whole idea of calling socialized medicine only comes from those who think we should do that. And I've not actually heard any logical reason why we should not have socialized medicine, anyway- since many capitalist countries ALSO have socialized medicine. It's good for national security and good for people wanting to take a risk on a small business.

All labeling it socialized medicine does is make sure that the people who can afford the tax burden don't pay it.

Comment

Fox News has a new economist and housing expert.

https://www.themaven.net/beinglibera...EuhVdvKMGrT6w/

Considering history, when Ben Carson is inevitably fired, this could be our new HUD Secretary.

Comment

Fox News has a new economist and housing expert.

https://www.themaven.net/beinglibera...EuhVdvKMGrT6w/

Considering history, when Ben Carson is inevitably fired, this could be our new HUD Secretary.
                    Fox seems to be taking a lot of shots at CA lately. Probably jealous of our awesome budget surplus.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                    iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                    gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                    Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                    Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                    TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                    DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

What the Trump administration is doing with the Census is Evil.
                      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                        What the Trump administration is doing with the Census is Evil.
                        Like with every last thing about the right, it is full on hypocrisy. Similar to their claim all of their onerous restrictions on abortion access is simply to protect the health of the woman, when we know it is all about imposing their particular beliefs on other people. Hell, if the pro-birth crowd would just admit what they were doing I could offer them begrudging respect for at least being completely honest. The citizenship question on the census form is the same thing. As most know, decades ago this was a standard question, and you can probably make a valid argument as to some legitimacy to mine this particular nugget of data. But the real reason it is being asked is pure racism and anti-immigrant bias. People who call themselves "conservative" are such unbelievable rubes I don't know whether to laugh at them or cry for them. They are all being taken to the cleaners by their party and leaders. That they suffer along with the rest of us, and in most of the more "red" areas of the country they often suffer far worse, is hollow succor for the rest of us who also pay for their misguided votes.

Comment

"It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Interesting article that saying the Dem advantage is decent but not as much as folks think it is. It says that the danger is that the arguments made by Dems often don't sync with 'moderates'. Here's a couple of examples:

'Census outrage' - the middle doesn't see asking about citizenship to be unreasonable
                            'Repeal the tax cuts' - the middle likes tax cuts and Dems are at risk of 'wanting to raise your taxes'
                            'Resistance to all things Trump' - the middle believes that Dems should work with Trump if it improves their district

Personally, I don't feel this way in the slightest. But I get the serious risks here.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/03/30/opini...ons/index.html
                            Go Gophers!

Comment

Dumpy dumps again.
                              Cornell University
                              National Champion 1967, 1970
                              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

China drops $3B in tariffs on the US. Does Trump call or raise?

http://money.cnn.com/2018/04/02/news...ade/index.html
                                Go Gophers!

Comment

Working...
                                X