X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2020 Democratic Challengers: Boogaloo

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post

I rest my case.
    Okay, that's actually pretty funny. Normally the crap he puts out there is just that, crap. This is funny.
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
      Okay, that's actually pretty funny. Normally the crap he puts out there is just that, crap. This is funny.
      My question, though, is who actually came up with it. I doubt he's got the talent to come up with something like this.
      That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
        My question, though, is who actually came up with it. I doubt he's got the talent to come up with something like this.
        The Daily Wire, so Ben Shapiro or someone associated with him.
        "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

I think he just copies/pastes and retweets all of his stupid humor, including this one. It's just a matter of giving credit to whomever wrote this little bit.
          "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

We're in full agreement. Way too subtle.
            Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
              Well, she did own herself on subject...
              I mean sure if you believe the disingenuous right wing talking point to begin with...

Comment

• Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
                I mean sure if you believe the disingenuous right wing talking point to begin with...
                I like Warren and her policies, but for God's sake can we please get someone younger with more charisma? She'd be Hillary 2.0 as a candidate.

Comment

If they're fully on board with actual progressive policies and don't have a track record that suggests the opposite then sure.

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
                    I have more Irish, British, Polish, and German blood than Warren has Native American blood. That doesn't make me any of those nationalities.

Fact is, she used it for personal gain, and she probably shouldn't have.

And yes, Warren is Hillary 2, but even less qualified and more shrill.

Comment

I have more Irish, British, Polish, and German blood than Warren has Native American blood. That doesn't make me any of those nationalities.

Fact is, she used it for personal gain, and she probably shouldn't have.

And yes, Warren is Hillary 2, but even less qualified and more shrill.
                      What personal gain did she use it for exactly?

Comment

While Warren was at U. Penn. Law School she put herself on the “Minority Law Teacher” list as Native American) in the faculty directory of the Association of American Law Schools. Harvard Law School at one time promoted Warren as a Native American faculty member.

She may not have gotten any overt favors out of it in terms of promotions, tenure, or salary, but there's enough there to suggest she may have been reasonably seen by the average person as knowledgeable on tribal matters, which she clearly is not. She may have also gotten a bit of undeserved preferential treatment from the rest of the faculty or from her students.

Regardless, it's wrong for her to have made those claims.

Comment

While Warren was at U. Penn. Law School she put herself on the “Minority Law Teacher” list as Native American) in the faculty directory of the Association of American Law Schools. Harvard Law School at one time promoted Warren as a Native American faculty member.

She may not have gotten any overt favors out of it in terms of promotions, tenure, or salary, but there's enough there to suggest she may have been reasonably seen by the average person as knowledgeable on tribal matters, which she clearly is not. She may have also gotten a bit of undeserved preferential treatment from the rest of the faculty or from her students.
                          So she didn't provably benefit from it and you're grasping at straws.

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
                            So she clearly didn't benefit from it at all and you're grasping at straws.
                            Fair enough.

Comment

Everyone who gets anywhere takes advantage of something. With Trump it's lauded. With Elizabeth Warren it's reviled.
                              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                                Everyone who gets anywhere takes advantage of something. With Trump it's lauded. With Elizabeth Warren it's reviled.
                                The difference is in how they play it tactically.

Comment

Working...
                                X