X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2020 Democratic Challengers: Boogaloo

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
    Gosh I love Gavin.
    I do too but if he runs for President in 2020 he will die on the vine. You cant be Governor for basically 6 months and then run for President. He needs at least 1 full term.
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
      Except this is bullsh-t. You literally do not know what you are talking about.
      No. It's not BS. That's what happened.
      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
        We are, and that's why Bernie supporters are taking so much heat. You (representing Bernie voters) and you personally will never live down putting Trump in the White House in 2016 by actively voting FOR him instead of even just staying home. Little Ralphie Nader has rightfully been a pariah since 2000. I fear Sanders and his people are going the same way, and I'm hopeful someone else (Warren maybe) can pick up the mantle of some of the ideas without the God-complex that we're seeing out of you guys!
        You just keep repeating the same nonsense and never learn a thing. You have an idee fixe and that's it with you, you're never moving beyond it.

I don't see any point to keep debating this with you. Let's leave it at this.

1. You're wrong and you'll never know it. It's been explained to you a dozen different ways and it's not that you disagree, you just don't hear or understand those refutations. You're the host in West World: "it doesn't look like anything to me."

2. Both the center and the left are required to defeat the This is Not a Drill Existential Evil that is today's American right. Eyes on the prize.

You ought to know that your center will always prevail against my left in America because of a host of cultural myths that go all the way back to the founding of our government by the rich. You can afford to be magnanimous. The left will never take real hold here the way it has from time to time in European countries because America functions well enough for enough people (absent anomalies like the current drive into fascism) that it only needs a really strong left movement in emergencies. For day-to-day life, the center will always hold.
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
          I do too but if he runs for President in 2020 he will die on the vine. You cant win be Governor for basically 6 months and then run for President. He needs at least 1 full term.
          Oh I agree, I’m just gonna have to wait for him
          Spitzer always sounds so great on Maher, too bad he couldn’t keep it in his pants

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
            Sorry but that is BS. That presumes that blacks with any sort of means dont face similar challenges to those that are poor.
            No, it doesn't. I must not have been coherent. It means that black poverty casts all blacks into Poorland all the time. Even rich ones.

Now in a healthy country we would treat the poor with compassion and dignity and it wouldn't be an issue anyway. But this is not a healthy country when it comes to attitudes about wealth.
            Cornell University
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
              Oh I agree, I’m just gonna have to wait for him
              Spitzer always sounds so great on Maher, too bad he couldn’t keep it in his pants
              Exactly what Dr. Mrs. said watching that episode. What a f-cking moron. He's one of the few of us who can cut through the garbage quickly and be clear and actually make people see how the other side lies and cheats. And then he goes and does that.

He and Franken are missed opportunities. I wish we had hundreds in the ranks ready to jump in, but they seem oddly rare.
              Cornell University

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                No. It's not BS. That's what happened.
                Kepler has a weird blindspot about this. He thinks cause he and I (and millions of others obviously) made the switch that they all did. That isnt true. It isnt as many as Rover makes it out to be but I bet if you took all of them and put them in Pennsylvania, Wisconsin and Michigan Hillary is President right now. That is the problem...some voted for the Potzker or the Conspiracy Theorist cause voting third party is so edgy and some just stayed home. They dont deny it either...

Its like the race thing. Some Bernie supporters just cant accept that he lost anyways. (hence still calling it rigged despite him not winning a flipping Primary) So they just ignore the fact that Blacks didnt support him nor did any other minority. To them he was just another crusty old White Guy (from a White State) spouting off a bunch of platitudes he was never going to get enacted. They didnt have much love for Hillary either mind you but they would take her over him every day. That is why Bernie lost.

Bernie might have every great idea out there but he was the wrong guy running on that platform at the way wrong time.
                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Kepler has a weird blindspot about this. He thinks cause he and I (and millions of others obviously) made the switch that they all did. That isnt true. It isnt as many as Rover makes it out to be but I bet if you took all of them and put them in Pennsylvania, Wisconsin and Michigan Hillary is President right now. That is the problem...some voted for the Potzker or the Conspiracy Theorist cause voting third party is so edgy and some just stayed home. They dont deny it either...

Its like the race thing. Some Bernie supporters just cant accept that he lost anyways. (hence still calling it rigged despite him not winning a flipping Primary) So they just ignore the fact that Blacks didnt support him nor did any other minority. To them he was just another crusty old White Guy (from a White State) spouting off a bunch of platitudes he was never going to get enacted. They didnt have much love for Hillary either mind you but they would take her over him every day. That is why Bernie lost.

Bernie might have every great idea out there but he was the wrong guy running on that platform at the way wrong time.
                  All you need to do is get on Twitter. The Bernouts are all on there and they're all still butthurt and ready to destroy the Democrat party over it. They're the ones that need convincing. Not me.
                  **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Exactly what Dr. Mrs. said watching that episode. What a f-cking moron. He's one of the few of us who can cut through the garbage quickly and be clear and actually make people see how the other side lies and cheats. And then he goes and does that.

He and Franken are missed opportunities. I wish we had hundreds in the ranks ready to jump in, but they seem oddly rare.
                    As one of the people who wanted him to resign I changed my mind. He got flat out railroaded and to this point not one of the stories has even been proven. He should have waited it out he would have been re-elected.

He was only a missed opportunity because the Dems have a hair trigger and too worried about the polls every minute. The GOP is willing to wait cause they realize in 6 months no one will care. Dems always cut off their nose to spite their face.
                    -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

There is a lot of truth to all of this. If I disagree with you it's a matter of quantity, not quality.

Thank you for actually addressing the points seriously. I can certainly admit that I don't know every economic liberal in the country. I would say that in my opinion Bernie attracted protest voters who didn't have any stance at all on say health care or the minimum wage, and who when he exited just moved to the next protest candidate. I believe those are the Bernie supporters who moved to Dump. I don't believe there were in any way a significant number of liberals who went to Dump because they were miffed at Hillary.

But there may have been far left voters who refused to vote for Hillary and either stayed home or voted for a purely symbolic candidate. Those people do bear some of the blame for Dump and I hope they've learned a valuable lesson: if you must, do that sh-t in a safe state; not in a battleground.

But the real lesson for all of us is to get involved and get our hands dirty. It sucks because it means talking to our neighbors. But I don't see any way around it. We have to get off the couch if we're going to take our country back from the vicious creeps who run it now.
                      Last edited by Kepler; 04-09-2018, 09:59 AM.
                      Cornell University

Comment

All you need to do is get on Twitter. The Bernouts are all on there and they're all still butthurt and ready to destroy the Democrat party over it. They're the ones that need convincing. Not me.
                        Dude, it's Twitter. It's the hundred monkeys with keyboards. They don't confirm anything about the real world except there is a normal distribution of intelligence and the far low tail is on Twitter.
                        Cornell University

Comment

Dude, it's Twitter. It's the hundred monkeys with keyboards. They don't confirm anything about the real world except there is a normal distribution of intelligence and the far low tail is on Twitter.
                          Those hundred monkeys via Facebook changed the course of US History for the next 100 years (Gorsuch). You have so much to learn dude. For being so intelligent (and, yes, I think you're mad smart) you have the biggest blinders on of everyone here.

Comment

Thing that would help is if those on the left would please stop criticizing Obama.

If he's in office and you have some constructive comments to improve things...great. But as he's out of office...simple, vague slams serve no purpose but to echo right wing media and weaken alternatives to the right.
                            Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
                              Thing that would help is if those on the left would please stop criticizing Obama.

If he's in office and you have some constructive comments to improve things...great. But as he's out of office...simple, vague slams serve no purpose but to echo right wing media and weaken alternatives to the right.
                              They hate Obama. Remember, he didn't accomplish anything and Trump's getting it all done now that he has full power. Obama did nothing.

Comment

Those hundred monkeys via Facebook changed the course of US History for the next 100 years (Gorsuch).
                                So you are arguing the hundred monkeys greatly influenced a thousand people who then somewhat influenced ten thousand and so on, and by the time the ripple dissipated it had influenced enough people to change the election results?

In all honesty, I hadn't thought of it quite that way.

That does imply, of course, that the opposite is also possible. That a hundred Good people could actually -- practically -- literally save the world.

OK, I'll buy that model.
                                Cornell University

Comment

Working...
                                X