This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2020 Democratic Challengers: Boogaloo

He had minimal support from older voters and was the most popular among younger voters of all demographics. The polling data bares that out.

Comment

• Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
      Before it was discussed how Beto and Bernie might compete for votes...even though they are seemingly dissimilar. Well the strategy of using the far left to defeat Beto is the new GOP strategy.

THE G.O.P.’S PLAN TO TAKE DOWN BETO: UNLEASH THE BERNIE BROS

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2019...s-progressives

Frankly, the best strategy to take down Trump is Minnesota's Tim Walz approach. In Minnesota's governor primary process, the outstate D moderate Walz was favored over more liberal Twin Cities candidates - even in the cities - because instinctively they knew he would be better at taking down the GOP. The plan worked like a charm...and Walz sailed to victory.

In the presidential election, we need to do the same by putting up a moderate candidate. That's why the GOP is trying to stop moderates like Beto and help Bernie. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised to see Russian trolls start to support Bernie and attack Beto.
      They're already hard at work on social media and have been since last month. Quelle surprise.

Bern-outs are so predictable.

Comment

Discussing someone's voting record and drawing distinctions between candidates oh noez!

Comment

I see the GOP already has you guys replaying Hillary vs Bernie.

That's sure to work out well.

Move. on.
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
            Agreed. In my opinion what they are most interested in doing is sowing discord; right now they have the left vs center division to exploit. And we're willing to fall for it -- at Kos that sort of trolling inevitable results in rhetorical bloodshed even though there are plenty of voices there explaining that this is obviously bots and Republicans acting as agents provocateur.

I expect them to also play this game with: female vs male candidates, white vs POC candidates, black vs brown candidates. Dump and the GOP are such a sh-tshow they need to foment civil disorder on the D side to have any chance. We have to protect ourselves against their attacks. The best protection is education: we must bear in mind that American conservatism is so intellectually and morally bankrupt that they can only sabotage our side.
            The real party of "identity politics" is the Republicans.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
              I see the GOP already has you guys replaying Hillary vs Bernie.

That's sure to work out well.

Move. on.
              Constantly repeating history probably isn't going to work out well either.

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
                Constantly repeating history probably isn't going to work out well either.
                Walter Mondale
                Mike Dukakis
                Al Gore
                John Kerry
                Hillary Clinton

I agree. Time to learn.
                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                  Walter Mondale
                  Mike Dukakis
                  Al Gore
                  John Kerry
                  Hillary Clinton

I agree. Time to learn.
                  To reference an earlier post, Trump has charisma. That's about all he has, and it isn't positive charisma, but it's charisma. Hill was the most qualified by FAR of this bunch that was quoted, and obv more qualified than Trump, but something about her, or the whole Bush/Clinton legacy that people were sick of, had her lose the election. The Ds have to find someone with a little charisma, at least, AND show something that doesn't resemble the (now) cliched swamp. Sway anyone who isn't a MAGA. Easy win.
                  Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                  Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                    To reference an earlier post, Trump has charisma. That's about all he has, and it isn't positive charisma, but it's charisma. Hill was the most qualified by FAR of this bunch that was quoted, and obv more qualified than Trump, but something about her, or the whole Bush/Clinton legacy that people were sick of, had her lose the election. The Ds have to find someone with a little charisma, at least, AND show something that doesn't resemble the (now) cliched swamp. Sway anyone who isn't a MAGA. Easy win.
                    No. Not easy win.
                    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

All the factors that helped Dump win in 2016 -- racism, sexism, the "forgotten man's" desire for a stongman, fear of change, Russian interference, systemic disenfranchisement and electoral fraud -- will still be with us in 2020. Dump has an even larger megaphone to foment mass panic; the Republicans still own state legislatures, governorships, and state AG positions from which to cheat; nothing has been done to stop Russian interference.

There will be no easy win. The Democrats will likely need to win by 6-8 points to overcome these obstacles. We can do that but we need unity and we need to recognize that Dump's mendacity, hatred, and idiocy are perfectly calibrated to inspire and energize the Republican electorate.

Gonna be a tough fight which is why I suggest a moratorium on any of us speaking ill of each other or each other's candidates. Leave the mortar attacks to the enemy.
                      Last edited by Kepler; 01-11-2019, 02:43 PM.
                      Cornell University
                      National Champion 1967, 1970
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                        They're already hard at work on social media and have been since last month. Quelle surprise.

Bern-outs are so predictable.
                        First, I don't think Sanders himself is plotting this, but its no coincidence that a week after some of his people decided to target O'Rourke there's a lead article in Tiger Beat on the Potomac (Politico) detailing rampant sexual harassment in the Sanders campaign. Since Politico isn't exactly known for their stellar investigative journalism, clearly somebody just sent a shot across the bow of the USS Sanders to cut the chit. If you plan on knifing people in line at the canteen, don't be surprised if you get shanked out in the yard afterwards. Its also interesting that Bernie was apparently caught completely unawares of all this as he got sandbagged on Anderson Cooper and responded by saying "I was a little too busy" to address the issue. He did clean all that up later an issued an apology however, but that seems to me he wasn't even given a heads up that this story was coming his way. As most of us not named trix suspected, Bernie's bid this time won't get the same kid glove treatment it got from his rivals in 2016.
                        Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Hopefully he doesn't treat his opponents with kid gloves this time either, that's how a primary should be.

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
                            Hopefully he doesn't treat his opponents with kid gloves this time either, that's how a primary should be.
                            Another apology. Wonder who blew the whistle on his campaign? My guess? DEBBIE WASSERMAN SCHULTZ!!!!

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/10/u...d6YzUifQ%3D%3D
                            Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                              Another apology. Wonder who blew the whistle on his campaign? My guess? DEBBIE WASSERMAN SCHULTZ!!!!

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/10/u...d6YzUifQ%3D%3D
                              Maybe Donna Brazile is a double agent?

Comment

This is a tale as old as time, and should come as no surprise. Bros gonna bro.

"Are you now, or have you ever been, a member of the Communist Party?"

"I just went to a few meetings in college. There was this hot commie chick I wanted to nail."

Comment

Working...
                                X