X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2020 Democratic Challengers: Boogaloo

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
    I recall reading that she’s lost some support from big name donors due to how she treated franken. I hope that continues for her
    I thought the Democrats was the party of the little people?
    and the party to protect women from creepy guys groping them

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
      It's funny that despite our many differences we really only hate the same two candidates.

My own categorizations:

CA Garcetti -- small fry, there are always some like this
      CA Harris -- serious
      CA Newsom -- serious

CA Steyer-- rich man's vanity candidacy
      CA Swalwell -- media candidacy
      CO Hickenlooper -- small fry
      CT Murphy -- media
      DC Holder -- serious though I doubt he'll run
      DE Biden -- serous albeit ancient

HI Gabbard -- ridiculous candidacy
      MA Moulton -- small fry
      MA Patrick -- small fry
      MA Warren -- serious
      MD Delaney -- vanity
      MN Klobuchar -- serious
      NJ Booker -- serious

NY Bloomberg -- vanity
      NY Cuomo -- not running
      NY de Blasio -- small fry
      NY Gillibrand -- serious
      OH Brown -- serious

TX Castro -- media
      TX O'Rourke -- media and yet serious, like Obama
      VA Kaine -- establishment inertia candidacy
      VA McAuliffe -- inertia
      VT Sanders -- media
      Harris ain't got a chance, too short
      she'd make a good VP though (Bill Clinton's dream VP -short enough to put your beer on her head while she gives you a BJ)
      I wonder what cigar he'd pick for her?

Comment

I still haven't been able to tell if this is a well played schtick or an actual human being with actual human thoughts.
        Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
          I still haven't been able to tell if this is a well played schtick or an actual human being with actual human thoughts.
          I'm going with real human. Humans are really that bad.
          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

The first one.
            Code:
            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
            Originally posted by SanTropez
            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
            Originally posted by Kepler
            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Schtick. And I'd go with Kep (or maybe Rover) channeling what he thinks the political right thinks.
              The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                Schtick. And I'd go with Kep (or maybe Rover) channeling what he thinks the political right thinks.
                Poe's Law.
                Cornell University
                National Champion 1967, 1970
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

It's funny that despite our many differences we really only hate the same two candidates.

My own categorizations:

CA Garcetti -- small fry, there are always some like this
                  CA Harris -- serious
                  CA Newsom -- serious

CA Steyer-- rich man's vanity candidacy
                  CA Swalwell -- media candidacy
                  CO Hickenlooper -- small fry
                  CT Murphy -- media
                  DC Holder -- serious though I doubt he'll run
                  DE Biden -- serous albeit ancient

HI Gabbard -- ridiculous candidacy
                  MA Moulton -- small fry
                  MA Patrick -- small fry
                  MA Warren -- serious
                  MD Delaney -- vanity
                  MN Klobuchar -- serious
                  NJ Booker -- serious

NY Bloomberg -- vanity
                  NY Cuomo -- not running
                  NY de Blasio -- small fry
                  NY Gillibrand -- serious
                  OH Brown -- serious

TX Castro -- media
                  TX O'Rourke -- media and yet serious, like Obama
                  VA Kaine -- establishment inertia candidacy
                  VA McAuliffe -- inertia
                  VT Sanders -- media
                  Besides Hickenlooper, who else on that list has been a governor? McAuliffe?
                  After that, yes, Bloomberg and de Blasio have been mayor of a city that's more expansive (population and budget wise) than some states.

I still like Klobuchar out of that list but she lacks time in the executive chair.
                  The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Besides Hickenlooper, who else on that list has been a governor? McAuliffe?
                    After that, yes, Bloomberg and de Blasio have been mayor of a city that's more expansive (population and budget wise) than some states.

I still like Klobuchar out of that list but she lacks time in the executive chair.
                    The last president who had been a governor was Dubya. How'd that work out?
                    Cornell University
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Poe's Law.
                      You underestimate yourself.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

The last president who had been a governor was Dubya. How'd that work out?
                        I'm not saying it's a perfect criteria; I am saying it gives me a chance to see how they operate as a constitutional executive (albeit at state level).

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

I'm not saying it's a perfect criteria; I am saying it gives me a chance to see how they operate as a constitutional executive (albeit at state level).
                          I understand, but I think the Presidency has so diverged from the standard profile of an "executive" position that it no longer resembles anything. It is sui generis.
                          Cornell University

Comment

... the Presidency has so diverged from the standard profile of an "executive" position that it no longer resembles anything. It is sui generis.
                            It's become cult-of-personality and the focus where in reality the role (per the Constitution) was to be more "city manager" and the focus was supposed to be the city commission (Congress)*. That started with mass media (FDR fireside) and continually progressed in not a good way.

*Congress declares war; President goes and takes action; Congress sets budgets (... all spending bills ... the House ...); President runs the budgets. Congress should be front and center, not the President.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Way too lazy to set up an alternative persona, particularly one like trumppoker.
                              Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

It's become cult-of-personality and the focus where in reality the role (per the Constitution) was to be more "city manager" and the focus was supposed to be the city commission (Congress)*. That started with mass media (FDR fireside) and continually progressed in not a good way.

*Congress declares war; President goes and takes action; Congress sets budgets (... all spending bills ... the House ...); President runs the budgets. Congress should be front and center, not the President.
                                Ironically the position it is closest to at this point is King in a constitutional monarchy. There are elective constitutional monarchies -- The Papacy is the most famous, also Malaysia and everybody's favorite, Territoire des îles Wallis-et-Futuna.
                                Last edited by Kepler; 01-17-2019, 09:41 AM.
                                Cornell University

Comment

Working...
                                X