Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NCAA Semifinal, Clarkson vs the Ohio State University.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ARM View Post
    Meanwhile, Clarkson has somehow managed to slip beneath the radar again, after being the favorite a week ago. I kind of understand how it happens from a different perspective, because there was a long period where the WCHA team would be slightly overlooked most years. Dartmouth, Harvard, UNH, Cornell, BC -- there always seemed to be some team that looked just a bit more formidable than the best that the WCHA had to offer.

And every year it would play out the same, right up until Clarkson flipped the script. I've seen with my own eyes several times this year how good tOSU is. However, I've also see that Clarkson is better. The Buckeyes can still win, but they'll have to beat a better team. They swept UW, so it isn't outside the realm of what they're capable of doing, but being good likely won't be enough. IMO, Clarkson >>> BC this year. For one, the Golden Knights should give Tiley a lot more help than BC gave Burt.
    I don’t know where you get that Clarkson is not the favorite? They are ranked #1. The Buckeyes are a great story and everyone loves the underdog which is likely influencing the poll. I picked them to win this game but know that it is a long shot. The poll shows Clarkson as the favourite as it should. Both games should be entertaining and upsets are possible. There was no BC / Clarkson game this year so who knows. I would have said BC > OSU last week and might still say it today but anything can happen in a one game showdown.

Comment

Re: NCAA Semifinal, Clarkson vs the Ohio State University.

Originally posted by Puckdrop14 View Post
      I don’t know where you get that Clarkson is not the favorite? They are ranked #1.
      Not that it matters a lick, but Wisconsin's win over Minnesota garnered them enough QWB points to move back in front of Clarkson in RPI, and the Pairwise; Clarkson's lead at 'selection' time was only something like .0013, so it didn't take much for them to flip positions again.

Comment

Originally posted by Puckdrop14 View Post
        I don’t know where you get that Clarkson is not the favorite?
        Here, I guess, and I mean the overall favorite. Clarkson is favored over Ohio State, but not to the same degree as Wisconsin is favored over Colgate.
        "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
        And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Originally posted by vicb View Post
          The only people underestimating TOSU are some foolish fans. Anyone who follows women's college hockey objectively and especially the Clarkson coaches and players are not underestimating TOSU. I know I am not after watching how they dominated BC for 2 periods and then let Ms Sauve display her George Vezina talents in the third period. May the best team win. If it is TOSU, I will say congrats just as I think TOSU fans will congrats Clarkson if they win. Wish I could be there to see the game but will have to watch it on the internet.
          If Clarkson wins, I will definitely congratulate them. I will also congratulate our team for the historic season they have had. I think there are four great teams in this and whoever gets two wins this weekend will definitely have earned the National Title. I hope all the fanbases will be proud of their teams regardless of the outcomes of the games. Having gone through this for the first time this season, I now understand how hard it is to get to this level. If you play in the WCHA, you have to find a way to get into the top three, and even then, as we saw with Minnesota, if there are upsets in the other conference tournaments, you can find yourself on the outside looking in and have to win your conference tournament to get in. Then your reward is you get a first round game at Wisconsin, or in our case, Boston College. Our kids defeated BC and now they have to take on the #1 team in the country. It has been a great ride. I said earlier in the season and probably last season that I was trusting the process with Coach Nadine Muzerall, and I could not be happier with the job she is doing.

Comment

Originally posted by OSUAlumnMN View Post
            Update on OSU Alumni Event on Thursday:

The Minnesota Chapter of the Ohio State Alumni Association is hosting a welcoming event on Thursday at 7 pm at the Milwaukee Restaurant inside the Depot Hotel (225 3rd Ave S, Minneapolis, MN). We have reserved the place and will be providing some light apps (cash bar and the kitchen will be open for dinner). All alumni or Buckeye fans are welcome to join us, including parents and former players. The Athletic Band will also be there and will play a song or two for us.

No registration needed, just show up and look for the scarlet and gray!

GO BUCKS!!
            That is great! I will be there. Are the team and coaches going to attend this? I was going to ask you, and I know this is the women's hockey forum, but will there be any watch parties Saturday for OSU women's hoops and OSU men's hockey? The women's hoops game is at 1:00 IIRC, and the men's hockey game is Saturday night.

Comment

...May the best team win. If it is TOSU, I will say congrats just as I think TOSU fans will congrats Clarkson if they win.
              Absolutely.

Wish I could be there to see the game but will have to watch it on the internet.
              If you're home in Ellicott City next weekend, I would assume that the B1G Network is readily available. Yes, you'd need a sports bar with a substantial number of screens. (BW-3 or Similar) No doubt you'd have to request the game. No doubt "other events" would have the primary screens. But with the University of Maryland now in the conference, I have to believe you're within the "footprint" of the network.

Comment

Originally posted by OSUAlumnMN View Post
                Update on OSU Alumni Event on Thursday:

The Minnesota Chapter of the Ohio State Alumni Association is hosting a welcoming event on Thursday at 7 pm at the Milwaukee Restaurant inside the Depot Hotel (225 3rd Ave S, Minneapolis, MN). We have reserved the place and will be providing some light apps (cash bar and the kitchen will be open for dinner). All alumni or Buckeye fans are welcome to join us, including parents and former players. The Athletic Band will also be there and will play a song or two for us.

No registration needed, just show up and look for the scarlet and gray!

GO BUCKS!!
                Great job; wish I could be there.

Question: Does the Depot still have its Ice Rink? Years ago I did an open skate there with family members.

Comment: For those still looking for a place to stay, the Depot wouldn't be a bad choice at all. IIRC, it includes two Marriott properties; a Courtyard & a Residence Inn. Traveling with kids? There's a Water Park. And while I haven't personally taken the Green Line, I believe you can now take the light rail to within a couple of blocks of Ridder.

Have Fun & Go Bucks!

Comment

Originally posted by pgb-ohio View Post
                  Absolutely.

If you're home in Ellicott City next weekend, I would assume that the B1G Network is readily available. Yes, you'd need a sports bar with a substantial number of screens. (BW-3 or Similar) No doubt you'd have to request the game. No doubt "other events" would have the primary screens. But with the University of Maryland now in the conference, I have to believe you're within the "footprint" of the network.
                  Yes, luckily my version of FIOS has the BIG network so I will be able to watch the games on the TV, and I will watch all 3 games regardless of Fridays outcome.
                  Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
                  And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
                  WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
                  If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

Yes, luckily my version of FIOS has the BIG network so I will be able to watch the games on the TV, and I will watch all 3 games regardless of Fridays outcome.
                    Uh, Vic. What will you do at 730 pm when the men are playing Harvard on https://www.twitch.tv/elevensportsprime?
                    CCT '77 & '78
                    4 kids
                    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by pgb-ohio View Post
                      Great job; wish I could be there.

Question: Does the Depot still have its Ice Rink? Years ago I did an open skate there with family members.

Comment: For those still looking for a place to stay, the Depot wouldn't be a bad choice at all. IIRC, it includes two Marriott properties; a Courtyard & a Residence Inn. Traveling with kids? There's a Water Park. And while I haven't personally taken the Green Line, I believe you can now take the light rail to within a couple of blocks of Ridder.

Have Fun & Go Bucks!
                      The rink is still there but I don't know if it is open this late in the season. You want the green line, not the blue. If you are at the Depot you have 3-4 block walk to the rail stop by the government center. both the blue & green stop there so be sure you get GREEN toward St. Paul / Union Depot or you will end up at the Maul of America. you probably will get off at the East Bank station but I can't give you directions to Ridder from there. Have walked it many times but it involves going North no matter what streets you cross or disappear. It is a bit longer but simpler to get off at Stadium Village stop, walk back to University (1/2 block) then west until you get around the football stadium & can see Mariucci, head toward it & Ridder is just West of that.

I don't know if there is a water park at those hotels.

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
                        Meanwhile, Clarkson has somehow managed to slip beneath the radar again, after being the favorite a week ago. I kind of understand how it happens from a different perspective, because there was a long period where the WCHA team would be slightly overlooked most years. Dartmouth, Harvard, UNH, Cornell, BC -- there always seemed to be some team that looked just a bit more formidable than the best that the WCHA had to offer.

And every year it would play out the same, right up until Clarkson flipped the script. I've seen with my own eyes several times this year how good tOSU is. However, I've also see that Clarkson is better. The Buckeyes can still win, but they'll have to beat a better team. They swept UW, so it isn't outside the realm of what they're capable of doing, but being good likely won't be enough. IMO, Clarkson >>> BC this year. For one, the Golden Knights should give Tiley a lot more help than BC gave Burt.
                        Agreed that Tiley will get more help than BC gave Burt. It was interesting that last weekend against Mercyhurst Clarkson shortened its bench throughout the game playing mainly the Top 3 lines as well as for most of the game only 2 defensive pairs, Harmon/Shelton and Pozzebon/Keenan. The 2 Freshmen dmen Mitchell/Hector and Soph Turnquist who has been used both on defense and as a forward did get to play a bit more in the 3rd and OT. My only concern from an offensive standpoint is can someone other than the first line of Pejzlova/Giguere/Gabel generate some grade A chances and maybe put one or two past Sauve. And IMHO the top line can't afford to miss on their chances like they did against Mercyhurst.
                        Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
                        And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
                        WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
                        If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                          Uh, Vic. What will you do at 730 pm when the men are playing Harvard on https://www.twitch.tv/elevensportsprime?
                          I do not get elevensports on my Version of FIOS. Would have to upgrade and cost me another $20. Will have to listen to Mike V on 99.3.
                          WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO

Comment

Originally posted by osualum86 View Post
                            That is great! I will be there. Are the team and coaches going to attend this? I was going to ask you, and I know this is the women's hockey forum, but will there be any watch parties Saturday for OSU women's hoops and OSU men's hockey? The women's hoops game is at 1:00 IIRC, and the men's hockey game is Saturday night.
                            An invite will be extended to the team and parents. We don't have anything confirmed yet, but it was planned around their schedule and where they are staying.

Right now we actually don't have anything specifically planned but I'm sure we can point you in the right direction to watch some of those (I'm bummed that I'm missing the men playing because I'll be at the Minnesota United game Saturday night).

Here's some more info about the event: https://www.osu.edu/alumni/activitie...ozen-four.html

I'll see ya there!

Comment

Originally posted by ne7minder View Post
                              The rink is still there but I don't know if it is open this late in the season.
                              Actually they took the rink out - no longer there.

Originally posted by ne7minder View Post
                              I don't know if there is a water park at those hotels.
                              No water park either!

The good news: This weekend it's expected to hit 50 degrees, for the first time since last fall!
                              Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

I do not get elevensports on my Version of FIOS. Would have to upgrade and cost me another $20. Will have to listen to Mike V on 99.3.
                                Vic - that is watch on the computer/tablet/laptop.
                                CCT '77 & '78
                                4 kids
                                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Working...
                                X