Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NCAA Semifinal, Clarkson vs the Ohio State University.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NCAA Semifinal, Clarkson vs the Ohio State University.

Originally posted by ARM View Post
    Will it sell out? Not close, unless Wisco' fans decide to drive over in numbers we've never seen before. But do you want to chance traveling this far and somehow wind up w/o a ticket? (That stupid ARM told me it wouldn't sell out!)
    I think it's already close to a sellout, when I looked online a couple days ago, there were only scattered singles left and you couldn't buy tickets together in a pair.

Now, obviously, that was mostly sales to Minnesotans before the Gophers were eliminated, and I'd guess there will be plenty of open seats and/or tickets available on the secondary market, but as ARM mentioned, if you're coming from a distance, it would probably be wise to try to lock them in before getting on a plane.

Comment

Howdy! Long time lurker. Just wanted to let any Buckeyes who are making the trip to Minneapolis know that the Minnesota chapter of the Ohio State Alumni Association is in the process of setting up a n event Thursday night around 6:30/7 in the area by the team hotel. Those invited include parents, former players, all alums, coaches (after team dinner), and the A-Band who is making the trip as well. I'll update y'all when we secure the location.

It's a sellout... tried to buy group tickets for our alumni association today and they were all out. Gotta go through the schools

Comment

Originally posted by BigFan View Post
        Not saying Ohio will win but do know this, they can play with anyone and in one game finals anything can happen especially when you have goaltending (Sauve). All the pressure is on Clarkson, OH has exceeded all expectations and continue to improve every game they play. Go Bucks Go !
        I know. You know I know.

Go Bucks Go!

Comment

Experience will win out here. With the exception of top line froward rookie Giguere, who is not your average rookie, all of the key players have been to at least 1 final four and most have been to two -taking home the trophy last year. Last week with Mercyhurst shows that every team has to show up to win this but the advantage of the Clarkson top line and the depth and experience of the team should carry them to victory. LetsGoTech

Comment

Originally posted by pgb-ohio View Post
            Clarkson is the prohibitive favorite. In fact, I recommend that Clarkson rest its best players on Friday, in anticipation of the inevitable championship game appearance. Those stars shouldn't even travel until Sunday. You know, to save on hotel expenses.
            This is hilarious.

I didn't (NCAA's doing) watch the OSU vs BC game but I hope that OSU skates on Friday like they did vs UMD back in January. It was an extremely fast series, buzzer to buzzer. Not saying that CU has no speed (I don't actually know) but if OSU adds that component that they are capable of to their arsenal it will test CU even more and should provide for a very entertaining game.

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
              Usually you can buy tickets through the OSU ticket office and wind up sitting next to other Buckeye fans. If you ask at the Ridder ticket window, that person may or may not know. The seats reserved for the teams aren't that great; typically, they are bench seats between the goal line and the faceoff dot, or thereabouts.

Will it sell out? Not close, unless Wisco' fans decide to drive over in numbers we've never seen before. But do you want to chance traveling this far and somehow wind up w/o a ticket? (That stupid ARM told me it wouldn't sell out!)
              At the advice of the Gopher ticket office, I called and got a couple tickets today, so I am set there. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by EPIC97 View Post
                86 Just buy a general admission ticket and we will make room for you in the parents/family section. If your not family by now (after breaking bread with us two of the last four weekends not sure when you will be.) Thanks for all the support over the years. See you in Minny.
                FYI, the family is meeting pregame at Sally's Saloon just off campus at 1:00pm Friday.
                Thank you so much EPIC97!!! I will write that down so I do not forget! And thank you for the kind words! We love our kids and their families! Cannot wait to get there!!!

Comment

Originally posted by pokechecker View Post
                  The best “seat” in the house is standing along the rail between the blue lines, but if you get tired of standing or it is too crowded along the rail you can always go to your seat, so buy your tickets ahead of time and grab a “seat” before it gets too crowded

If you stand facing the player benches you won’t have to look at all the championship banners but you can look at the team photos of your coaches right behind you (BC fans could have admired the pictures of their assistant coach if they had actually made it to the FF)
                  Thanks for the tips Poke!

Comment

Originally posted by spwood View Post
                    Clarkson seems to thrive on being underestimated.... I don't have any doubt they'll come hard this weekend. I think a rematch with Wisconsin is around the corner...
                    OSU knows about being underestimated. Our team has been underestimated all season and likely will be this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by pgb-ohio View Post
                      No one's underestimating Clarkson. You saw everyone's true analysis of 2018 Clarkson in the pre-tournament poll.

Some of the OSU Vote reflects posters voting their hearts & pledging allegiance to the Buckeyes. Most of the rest reflects posters lending support to two members of the OSU Coaching Staff. There may be a couple of contrarians in the mix.

Clarkson is the prohibitive favorite. In fact, I recommend that Clarkson rest its best players on Friday, in anticipation of the inevitable championship game appearance. Those stars shouldn't even travel until Sunday. You know, to save on hotel expenses.
                      I definitely voted with my heart and am not underestimating the Golden Knights. I doubt if anyone is underestimating the #1 overall seed in this tournament.

Comment

Originally posted by OSUAlumnMN View Post
                        Howdy! Long time lurker. Just wanted to let any Buckeyes who are making the trip to Minneapolis know that the Minnesota chapter of the Ohio State Alumni Association is in the process of setting up a n event Thursday night around 6:30/7 in the area by the team hotel. Those invited include parents, former players, all alums, coaches (after team dinner), and the A-Band who is making the trip as well. I'll update y'all when we secure the location.

It's a sellout... tried to buy group tickets for our alumni association today and they were all out. Gotta go through the schools
                        I am coming in Thursday so I would like to attend this! Please keep us posted!

Comment

Originally posted by osualum86 View Post
                          OSU knows about being underestimated. Our team has been underestimated all season and likely will be this weekend.
                          The only people underestimating TOSU are some foolish fans. Anyone who follows women's college hockey objectively and especially the Clarkson coaches and players are not underestimating TOSU. I know I am not after watching how they dominated BC for 2 periods and then let Ms Sauve display her George Vezina talents in the third period. May the best team win. If it is TOSU, I will say congrats just as I think TOSU fans will congrats Clarkson if they win. Wish I could be there to see the game but will have to watch it on the internet.
                          Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
                          And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
                          WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
                          If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

Originally posted by vicb View Post
                            The only people underestimating TOSU are some foolish fans. Anyone who follows women's college hockey objectively and especially the Clarkson coaches and players are not underestimating TOSU. I know I am not after watching how they dominated BC for 2 periods and then let Ms Sauve display her George Vezina talents in the third period. May the best team win. If it is TOSU, I will say congrats just as I think TOSU fans will congrats Clarkson if they win. Wish I could be there to see the game but will have to watch it on the internet.
                            Big Ten Network has all 3.
                            CCT '77 & '78
                            4 kids
                            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Meanwhile, Clarkson has somehow managed to slip beneath the radar again, after being the favorite a week ago. I kind of understand how it happens from a different perspective, because there was a long period where the WCHA team would be slightly overlooked most years. Dartmouth, Harvard, UNH, Cornell, BC -- there always seemed to be some team that looked just a bit more formidable than the best that the WCHA had to offer.

And every year it would play out the same, right up until Clarkson flipped the script. I've seen with my own eyes several times this year how good tOSU is. However, I've also see that Clarkson is better. The Buckeyes can still win, but they'll have to beat a better team. They swept UW, so it isn't outside the realm of what they're capable of doing, but being good likely won't be enough. IMO, Clarkson >>> BC this year. For one, the Golden Knights should give Tiley a lot more help than BC gave Burt.
                              "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                              And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Update on OSU Alumni Event on Thursday:

The Minnesota Chapter of the Ohio State Alumni Association is hosting a welcoming event on Thursday at 7 pm at the Milwaukee Restaurant inside the Depot Hotel (225 3rd Ave S, Minneapolis, MN). We have reserved the place and will be providing some light apps (cash bar and the kitchen will be open for dinner). All alumni or Buckeye fans are welcome to join us, including parents and former players. The Athletic Band will also be there and will play a song or two for us.

No registration needed, just show up and look for the scarlet and gray!

GO BUCKS!!
                                Last edited by OSUAlumnMN; 03-13-2018, 05:50 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X