Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Open Wheel Racing 2018- with less winglets.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Open Wheel Racing 2018- with less winglets.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/formula1/47527705
    MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Good indycar race yesterday. I feel sorry for Will Power though. he deserved to win.

Also there is a big meeting of high muckity mucks tomorrow in F1. https://www.bbc.com/sport/formula1/47691443

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
        Good indycar race yesterday. I feel sorry for Will Power though. he deserved to win.

Also there is a big meeting of high muckity mucks tomorrow in F1. https://www.bbc.com/sport/formula1/47691443
        I felt sorry for Will until he whined about the yellows and how luck is such a big factor. As if this is something super new to Indycar. It's been this way for his entire career, so you should get used to it. He's won races when other faster cars got caught in it, and lost them- it goes both ways. Heck, it even happens in F1- see his home race a year ago.

At that point, I'm reminded that his car broke, so it must have been his fault...

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
          I felt sorry for Will until he whined about the yellows and how luck is such a big factor. As if this is something super new to Indycar. It's been this way for his entire career, so you should get used to it.
          I can't stand Power but he's not wrong. It needs to be fixed. And sure the 10 car that caused the yellow was banged up right at the pit lane entrance but just in general this is something that needs to be fixed.

Anyway, there were lots of good fights for positions in this race. Usually that lends to a good review. That being said, Power dominated prior to the car troubles which to some degree is boring if there is no fight for the top spot IMO. Then who lucks into the yellow flag lottery but Colton Herta. Look I like the kid and he is impressive. That being said, I have a hard time rooting for Harding after what they did to Chaves and then O'Ward. Generally they don't know what the crap they are doing and last year was a joke. Now they are kinda partnered up with Andretti (weird) and finally putting a good car out there as a result. Throw in this baby-faced millionaire Yankee heir team owner and I'm not liking this Harding stuff. Yankees!!! Boooo. But between Herta and the Andretti partnership and the Steinbrenner partnership they seem to have a good car and driver now with plenty of money to throw around to Barnharts and Al Unser Jrs. and the like so I guess we can expect them to be right in the mix of things with Penske and Chip and fellow(ish) Andretti cars.

I do like this Rosenquist guy and think that will help Dixon out.
          Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
          The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
            I can't stand Power but he's not wrong. It needs to be fixed. And sure the 10 car that caused the yellow was banged up right at the pit lane entrance but just in general this is something that needs to be fixed.

Anyway, there were lots of good fights for positions in this race. Usually that lends to a good review. That being said, Power dominated prior to the car troubles which to some degree is boring if there is no fight for the top spot IMO. Then who lucks into the yellow flag lottery but Colton Herta. Look I like the kid and he is impressive. That being said, I have a hard time rooting for Harding after what they did to Chaves and then O'Ward. Generally they don't know what the crap they are doing and last year was a joke. Now they are kinda partnered up with Andretti (weird) and finally putting a good car out there as a result. Throw in this baby-faced millionaire Yankee heir team owner and I'm not liking this Harding stuff. Yankees!!! Boooo. But between Herta and the Andretti partnership and the Steinbrenner partnership they seem to have a good car and driver now with plenty of money to throw around to Barnharts and Al Unser Jrs. and the like so I guess we can expect them to be right in the mix of things with Penske and Chip and fellow(ish) Andretti cars.

I do like this Rosenquist guy and think that will help Dixon out.
            So how do you fix it?

How can you prevent people from taking a pit stop, then a yellow comes out, and the people who didn't pit are now at a disadvantage?

F1 has the exact same issue- leaders have been caught out even with VSC periods where people behind them got a huge advantage, let alone actual SC periods.

There was no way that you could not throw a full course yellow for that accident- as it was blocking pit entrance.

On top of that, Power has benefited by the exact same issue before- so for him to complain about it like that is really bad. That's really what sucked, to me. Whine when you lose out, but accept it when you win? No, that's not cool.

Still- I'm curious how that particular problem would be fixed.

Comment

So how do you fix it?

How can you prevent people from taking a pit stop, then a yellow comes out, and the people who didn't pit are now at a disadvantage?

F1 has the exact same issue- leaders have been caught out even with VSC periods where people behind them got a huge advantage, let alone actual SC periods.

There was no way that you could not throw a full course yellow for that accident- as it was blocking pit entrance.

On top of that, Power has benefited by the exact same issue before- so for him to complain about it like that is really bad. That's really what sucked, to me. Whine when you lose out, but accept it when you win? No, that's not cool.

Still- I'm curious how that particular problem would be fixed.
              I don't feel bad for his pit timing in the least, what I feel bad for is that a 10 dollar part broke and cost him the race as he was the fastest. He's not my favorite on a person al level at all.

BTW. F1 is really going to have major changes coming down the line. I think it will be good for the sport.

Comment

I’m just starting some travel, so if you read news, I’d appreciate some links to read about the ‘21 proposals.

Comment

Aussies are not happy with Albert Park and somebody makes a suggestion

https://wwos.nine.com.au/motorsport/...id=Social-WWOS
                  CCT '77 & '78
                  4 kids
                  5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                  1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                  - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Read in miller’s Mailbag that Al Unser Jr. tested with Williams and I think Benetton in F1 in 1992. He ran a half second quicker than Ricardo Patrese and Damon Hill but Williams and Patrick Head were so ****ing arrogant when Jr asked about terms they told him “we only said we were interested” wow.
                    Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

I’m just starting some travel, so if you read news, I’d appreciate some links to read about the ‘21 proposals.

Everybody is under a NDA, so you won't hear anything until Liberty Media is ready to reveal it all. And that won't be for awhile. Those meetings were just the first round. And so far, nothing has leaked.
                      Russell Jaslow
                      [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                      U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                        Aussies are not happy with Albert Park and somebody makes a suggestion

https://wwos.nine.com.au/motorsport/...id=Social-WWOS
                        There's also talk about finding ways to change Yas Marina to improve passing.
                        Russell Jaslow
                        [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                        U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Very interesting commentary.
                          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8J7MTc2nTw

Comment

https://t.co/Y19ZsZXPXN?amp=1
                            Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post

interesting. I bought a car from a guy once who had rolled it at Daytona and his family insisted he sell it after it was repaired. so i got it for cheap. I kept it one year.

On the F1 scene some of the items from the 2021 meeting are startng to leak out though nothing is decided. Here's what the rumor mill has going on: Cost cap. There will be a cost cap implemented and it will gradually get to about 180 million. This is a lot less than the big teams spent last year but more than most of the independents.
                              Race weekend time tables are going to be changed so that teams can spend 1 less day at the track. Still a 4 day weekend though.
                              Engines will be much the same but wilth some additional regulations on the dyno.
                              Body shapes will change. No more barge boards for instance.
                              Limits to how much of a car can be bought by another team, ( currently Haas buys the engine and the entire rear of the car from Ferrari) the aim being that B teams be somewhat more independent.

However, there is likely to be a spec transmission. ( most teams have a carbon fiber case now, except Williams who has metal)
                              Purses and revenue will change to give teams money for legacy wins and longevity in the sport and share the money more equally down the grid.
                              Now the big issues for Liberty is the cost of things and the promoters are revolting at the price to put on races. Right now, after this year there will be no British GP. Hopefully that can be ironed out but Liberty can't cut costs much without paying teams less.

Comment

A lot of guys on amateur racing won't talk about safelty but this guy is right on. If you saw the video of Hunter-Reay during the Wickens accident last year he puts his hands under his belts during the crash.
                                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jo2-YWxH1Q

Comment

Working...
                                X