Page 26 of 30 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930 LastLast

Thread: Open Wheel Racing 2018- with less winglets.

Just a boring user.

Re: Open Wheel Racing 2018- with less winglets.

That was a crazy finish to a race. All of that chaos driven by a Mercedes powertain failure- has Bottas not brought out the SC in the first place.....

Seb, dude. You drove right into your teammate after you passed him, not the other way around- you could see it live in real time, and certainly all of the replays. That was pretty bad Seb.

Lewis seemed to take a podium away from Albon, but Alex really invited the pass attempt- I'll have to think about that one- although Lewis did take the blame for it, and apologized in the interviews.

Quote Originally Posted by alfablue View Post
    That was a crazy finish to a race. All of that chaos driven by a Mercedes powertain failure- has Bottas not brought out the SC in the first place.....

Seb, dude. You drove right into your teammate after you passed him, not the other way around- you could see it live in real time, and certainly all of the replays. That was pretty bad Seb.

Lewis seemed to take a podium away from Albon, but Alex really invited the pass attempt- I'll have to think about that one- although Lewis did take the blame for it, and apologized in the interviews.
    Youíre telling me. Wow, that was a thriller. And Gasly has got to be the happiest guy in F1 right now.

Still upright

IMHO Lewis should have known because that corner has an extremely late apex normally, so it always appears that the first car is leaving room when in reality he is just driving it as usual. Now an argument could be made that had Albon driven more defensively, he would have closed the door to that pass and also he really didn't leave racing room, but he wasn't required to. Lewis would have had the pass the next corner anyway.

I'm sure Ferrari management is tearing their hair out.
    MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Still upright

Hinchcliffe out at Arrow McLaren and Bourdais out at Coyne.

Always one step forward 2 steps back with Indycar.

Penske has a massive job ahead of him.

Shopping list if it were up to me:
    1. Title sponsor for INDY 500 and raise that purse by about $10 million and $1 million for pole position.
    2. Bring as much of the traditional circuits back in their original schedule spots. Cleveland and Milwaukee are musts. Belle Isle should be ditched permanently.
    3. Franchises. Michael Andretti is right.
    4. ALL races on NBC, period.
    5. Video game! Duh! Having an awesome and current game would be huge for kids/young fans.
    6. Sports car and nascar doubleheaderís is a must. 3-4x per year would be perfect.
    7. Nationwide commercials featuring drivers also known as marketing 101. Sell the drivers and sell the speed.
    8. Get some Indy regulars to race a sprint car once in a while. Grass roots connections are important.

Still upright

Quote Originally Posted by solovsfett View Post
    Hinchcliffe out at Arrow McLaren and Bourdais out at Coyne.

Always one step forward 2 steps back with Indycar.

Penske has a massive job ahead of him.

Shopping list if it were up to me:
    1. Title sponsor for INDY 500 and raise that purse by about $10 million and $1 million for pole position.
    2. Bring as much of the traditional circuits back in their original schedule spots. Cleveland and Milwaukee are musts. Belle Isle should be ditched permanently.
    3. Franchises. Michael Andretti is right.
    4. ALL races on NBC, period.
    5. Video game! Duh! Having an awesome and current game would be huge for kids/young fans.
    6. Sports car and nascar doubleheader’s is a must. 3-4x per year would be perfect.
    7. Nationwide commercials featuring drivers also known as marketing 101. Sell the drivers and sell the speed.
    8. Get some Indy regulars to race a sprint car once in a while. Grass roots connections are important.
    I liked Hinch but it's political. He was faster than Erickson. He was a good ambassador for the sport, and I like Detroit, it makes money and is well attended even if it is bumpy which I hope they do something about.

Watching the F1 race today looks like Racing Point is going to be faster next year, same for several teams in the midfield, even Williams. I'm sorry for Hulkenburg, he seems fast enough to keep a seat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXZ44VdhdVs

Still upright

Racefans.com is reporting the following rumor. Lawrence Stroll is considering buying Astin Martin, whose stock has fallen from 18 to 5 in the last year. They are losing money and considered a takeover target. If he does then it's likely that AM would become the title sponsor of Racing Point and drop Red Bull. Red Bull gets' 10 million a year from this deal as it is now.

Just a boring user.

Quote Originally Posted by manurespreader View Post
    Racefans.com is reporting the following rumor. Lawrence Stroll is considering buying Astin Martin, whose stock has fallen from 18 to 5 in the last year. They are losing money and considered a takeover target. If he does then it's likely that AM would become the title sponsor of Racing Point and drop Red Bull. Red Bull gets' 10 million a year from this deal as it is now.
    On a professional level, that would make me a sad panda. Not depressed, as I really don't know how good of a business person Lawrence Stroll is- he could be worthy. But back 20 years ago, my professional work actually helped Aston Martin survive, and the core of the current Astons still bear evidence of our work- which really means that the V12 is still a derivative of the Ford V6 found in the DN101 Taurus.

It's interesting that a company ripe for take over like that has the means to donate $10M to Red Bull- it's not as if they are getting anything concrete out of that, as I see it.

It's interesting that a company ripe for take over like that has the means to donate $10M to Red Bull- it's not as if they are getting anything concrete out of that, as I see it.
    Not to mention state they are going to participate in the new Hypercar class for WEC and Le Mans.

(I'm also sure Honda would love to see Aston Martin logos off the Red Bull cars, despite Honda saying it doesn't bother them.)
    Russell Jaslow
    [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
    U.S. College Hockey Online

Just a boring user.

Quote Originally Posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
    Not to mention state they are going to participate in the new Hypercar class for WEC and Le Mans.

(I'm also sure Honda would love to see Aston Martin logos off the Red Bull cars, despite Honda saying it doesn't bother them.)
    At least they could sell the Hypercar to real people. There's little on an F1 car that they could sell. Works for Ferrari due to history, but I'm not so sure about Aston Martin.

Still upright

I was watching re runs of the 1980 F 1 season and the Ligiers were leading a race going away but the downforce was so great that the wheels failed and the cars DNF'ed.

Still upright

Just a boring user.

Not sure how I feel about this move. Mostly because I'm not sure Mr Stroll really knows how to run a car company, or partially run one- for this case.

My career path crossed for a few years with AML ending 20 years ago, and I really want them to do well.

The cash influx will be handy, but AML needs to make money selling cars, as they are all by themselves. If it's all about Mr Stroll, that can go away in a moment.

I also wonder if this means there's some kind of agreement between AML and Mercedes- which would not be a bad thing at this point. Aston can use some major powertrain updates.

https://youtu.be/ayjOW5DnwgM

I agree with David Coulthard and Emerson Fittipaldi. The steering column broke.

Since Williams team stole off with the black boxes I hope they never Win a race or come close to a podium again.

Just a boring user.

Quote Originally Posted by solovsfett View Post
    https://youtu.be/ayjOW5DnwgM

I agree with David Coulthard and Emerson Fittipaldi. The steering column broke.

Since Williams team stole off with the black boxes I hope they never Win a race or come close to a podium again.
    All the black box going public would have done is put someone from Williams in jail in Italy. And what would have that done to Motorsports in general in Italy? I'd bet that the entire field, including Ferrari and Minardi are happy that the case never saw a court. To assume that the FIA, Williams, and the rest of the field didn't know what went wrong and did what they could to prevent a future failure I think is wrong- and they would have gotten that from the black box.

How many Lotus drivers died because Chapman wanted the car to be that fragile?

IMHO, what Williams did was more a mistake of putting it back together, whereas the Lotuses were intentionally designed that way. (After learning more about what happened with Delorean, I have changed my outlook on Chapman, and think of him more as a POS)

I was watching re runs of the 1980 F 1 season and the Ligiers were leading a race going away but the downforce was so great that the wheels failed and the cars DNF'ed.
    I'll see if my uncle remember that race. He mentioned about they were frequently watching the F1 races live back then when he was newly wed. He captured a few photos of the incidents, maybe that was one of them. I'll come over tomorrow to help him install the suspension and 4 wheeler accessories on his TRX project, gonna ask about the photos he captured back then.

Already insane, UAA making it worse

U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
    Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
    I spell Failure with UAF

Quote Originally Posted by UAFIceAngel
    But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
    Quote Originally Posted by Doyle Woody
    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Quote Originally Posted by Jimjamesak View Post
    And the most insane.
    Russell Jaslow
    [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
    U.S. College Hockey Online

This looks great!

https://youtu.be/XKwfDjfO9Pw

Still upright

Could it be that Williams will be competitive? ...... Nah!

Thread Information